Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

Brandiexoxo

The beauty of BZ, in one month I learned that everyone in country is Spanish and that everyone in my side of the world is dumb :rofl:

Not too excited with the Birds of Paradise segment TBH. It has all the potential to be a massive failure, I'm not feeling the runway and the wings

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I want Lais to have three outfits this year. She gorgeous to me, and her body is amazing. Also, VS has been using her more than Karlie, Lily, Doutzen, and Ale this year and those three are angels. I hope she gets three outfits, wings, and an angel contract if that isn't asking for too much. Her and Candice would be the perfect faces for Victoria's Secret.

+1 She was verry unlucky last year

I think Lais is really underrated, she has an amazing body, better walk than most of the girls in show, and brings diversity to the brand!!  :wub:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I want Lais to have three outfits this year. She gorgeous to me, and her body is amazing. Also, VS has been using her more than Karlie, Lily, Doutzen, and Ale this year and those three are angels. I hope she gets three outfits, wings, and an angel contract if that isn't asking for too much. Her and Candice would be the perfect faces for Victoria's Secret.

+1 She was verry unlucky last year

I think Lais is really underrated, she has an amazing body, better walk than most of the girls in show, and brings diversity to the brand!!  :wub:

And she was so heartbroken about it too! I think VS, allowing her to open the second segment, was giving her a time to shine so they could give her her contract. Especially since her English has improved so much over the years.

I'm sorry but where is there confirmation Barbara and Shanina won't be there? Source?

Ed said in the casting video they are looking for 18 to 20 girls. Including the angels that leaves about 12 to 14 spots for girls who are shoe ins(Izabel, Lily D., etc). Who's to say Barbara and Shanina aren't confirmed?

That's what I'm trying to figure out. How do people know they are out for sure?

And they are acting up in Barbara's thread because of this.  :O_O:

TBH people are acting up in EVERY thread right now

Yeah but Barbara's thread  takes the cake right now.

I understand everyone has a fave/certain model(s) they would like to see in the show but damn it is not the end of the world if they don't make it.

the all list just come out the models are this Lily Aldridge  · Alessandra Ambrósio  · Daniela Braga  · Jourdan Dunn  · Lindsay Ellingson  · Barbara Fialho  · Isabeli Fontana  · Izabel Goulart  · Jessica Hart  · Sui He  · Elsa Hosk  · Martha Hunt  · Constance Jablonski  · Jacquelyn Jablonski · Karlie Kloss  · Doutzen Kroes  · Regina Krilow  · Adriana Lima  · Maryna Linchuk  · Eniko Mihalik  · Barbara Palvin  ·Behati Prinsloo  · Hilary Rhoda  · Laís Ribeiro  · Sara Sampaio  · Candice Swanepoel  · Caroline Winberg from wikipedia  victoria's secret fashion show 

I think Barbara is officially not walking, she just tweeted about going to Shangai tomorrow and I doubt she'll make it back in time for the show

So can we please not mention Barbara ever again in this thread unless she actually does walk? I like her but it's getting on my nerves :ninja:

the all list just come out the models are this Lily Aldridge  · Alessandra Ambrósio  · Daniela Braga  · Jourdan Dunn  · Lindsay Ellingson  · Barbara Fialho  · Isabeli Fontana  · Izabel Goulart  · Jessica Hart  · Sui He  · Elsa Hosk  · Martha Hunt  · Constance Jablonski  · Jacquelyn Jablonski · Karlie Kloss  · Doutzen Kroes  · Regina Krilow  · Adriana Lima  · Maryna Linchuk  · Eniko Mihalik  · Barbara Palvin  ·Behati Prinsloo  · Hilary Rhoda  · Laís Ribeiro  · Sara Sampaio  · Candice Swanepoel  · Caroline Winberg from wikipedia  victoria's secret fashion show 

I would love this list... :dance: if it was true... :cry2:

Can't remember if the full Q&A about the show with Ale was posted so here it goes.

Harper's BAZAAR: Tell us about your looks for the show.
Alessandra Ambrosio: I have three outfits, and one is Birds of Paradise, so it's all about birds and feathers, and it's a really beautiful piece. The next one that I have is Shipwrecked, and it's a boat crashing on an island, it's this beautiful, sexy kind of mermaid girl, which I love. There are beautiful crystals on me, and this is my third look, which is Parisian Nights.

HB: You started walking the VS shows 12 seasons ago. How has it evolved?
AA: Every year is more. Like last year was crazy, but then they always somehow top it, and the ideas get bigger and bolder, and there’s performances every year, so this year we’re going to have a lot of performances, but it’s still all a surprise. But I think it’s about the girls during the show, that’s the difference between each season.

HB: It really looks like you guys are having fun up there. Are you?</strong></p>\n<p><strong>
AA: Yeah, we do. Well, we get to prepare for a long time before, but I feel like when it's show day, that's when you get loose and you need to have fun and not worry about anything. Worry until the day before, but the day-of you just have to enjoy the moment

HB: The fittings feel very collaborative. How is it working with Victoria's Secret in this process? Do you feel very a part of it?
AA: Well, it's a big surprise when we come here, because we don't really know what to expect each year. We work with the lingerie all year long, but the idea for the show is as surprising for us as it is to the public that's watching us, and that's I think one of the nice things about it. Then you get here and you see the inspirations and the themes and what we get to wear and it just makes it fun, seeing the whole creative aspect of the show, so we can start really preparing our minds for the show.

HB: Have you become close with the other girls?
AA: Yeah, a lot of the girls I don't really know right now, but all of the Angels were just in Paris shooting a commercial. So that was really fun, we had a great time. We were shooting all night long. So it's fun to be able to all be together. And especially after we do hair and makeup, that's when we all go change and get ready, and that's when the fun part starts.

HB: Do you still get nervous before a show?
AA: Right now I'm very comfortable because I just love all of this, I love to be here, I love be backstage, I love to see the outfits for the first time and the whole idea of the show. So definitely when the music starts and the show begins, that's when you get those little nerves. But it's a good nervous.

HB: Tell us more about the wings overall, what are some of the toughest you’ve had?
AA: Well, some of them are all the way to the floor. Usually they can be tricky. I've had a few that of those, and sometimes when you turn's a bit of work.

HB: It's a skill set.
AA: Yeah, it is.

HB: In terms of prep and working out, obviously you have to stay in shape all year—is there anything special that you do coming into the show?
AA: Well, I think that you have to workout extra before the show, especially ten days before the show, I try to really work out every day. Usually I'll do like three times a week, but before the show, a good six days minimum. I'll do Pilates, or some cardio. Running after my kids is the best cardio, and the most fun.