Bellazon

PJ Harvey
Thumbnail

svelte

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think PJ's a genius, Let England Shake is the greatest statement on war ever made by a rock musician, but I think her strength always lay in the fact that other than maybe the 1st three albums she rarely repeated the same style from album to album and sometimes even song to song. I think she blew it with The Hope Six Demolition Project. Not sure how or why but it just seems like Let England was spontaneous, sparse, and hit at a gut level that I just couldn't get away from and Hope Six is just trying too hard to keep the topic open. I realize there is a lot more to say about war and it's aftermath and the reasons why insidious leaders take us there, how they incite hatred against this group or that, but if a statement meant to re-awaken us isn't delivered properly it just goes in one ear and out the other without really grabbing your attention, reaching into you viscerally and affecting your outlook. Hope Six just had no notable effect on me.

• 7 months later...