Bellazon

Luma Grothe
Thumbnail

DanniCullen

• 2 weeks later...

How 6 Up-and Coming Victoria's Secret Models Prepared for the Most Important Fashion Show of Their Lives

This week, 52 of the world's most beautiful women descended on Paris for the 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. There are some familiar faces—Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, for example, have each walked more than a dozen shows—but there are also a group of newcomers making their debuts. Here, 6 stand-out rookies reveal how they prepared from the show, from the moment they found out they were selected.

Luma Grothe

How did you find out you were going to be in the show?
I found out when I was on a job in Los Angeles, I couldn't believe it! I literally had to take a break so I could jump around with excitement and celebrate. It took me a while to calm down from the news.

What did you do to physically prepare?
Leading up the the show I have been training very intensely like an athlete. I have been working out 5 days a week using mostly resistance training with light weights and body weight 1-1.5 hours per day My skin is quite sensitive so I keep it very clean and my favorite mask at the moment is the L’Oréal Pure-Clay Mask. It's really detoxifying and clears your pores.

Did you add anything into your exercise routine?
The Bose ball is new to me and incorporating balance has been a learning technique that has really worked well for me to strengthen my core.

What are your favorite workouts?
Using resistance bands around the legs and in general for toning is definitely my favorite and what I see the most results from.

What’s your pre- and post-workout routine?
Before, I always remove all makeup to be sure your skin and pores do not get clogged. After, I'm loving the steam room at our hotel to really open up the pores, and I do a face scrub once a week leading up to the show to exfoliate and keep the skin fresh.

What’s your routine like the night before the show?
I just finished rehearsal and went straight to the gym for a very intense cardio training session for over an hour. I am about to eat a high protein meal with mainly chicken breasts and green vegetables. Afterwards I will have a nice relaxing bath to get ready for bed.

After the runway, will you take a break?
I'll take a workout break from training for about a week, then get right back to it. I'll probably limit it to 3-4 times a week than the heavy 5 times or more.

source: wmagazine