Bellazon

Black Beauties

Qball

really i didnt know that!...that explains it. But my friend who's mom is black and his dad has red hair is a full on red head (and its the real father) So genes aren't like a rule.

About yasmin i don't think she is as popular because i dont think most people would think of her as commercial. I guess she does looks pretty typicaly african though. I love her though!...She is a fellow canadian in my books.

Their isn't many popular black girls in the industry to begin with. It's pretty much Tyra, Iman and Naomi. Luck and Timeing plays a big part in it also.

your right their has been a big difference since has halle's oscar. I wasnt really expecting a big change in the industry because i dont think of it as omg a black women won her first oscar. I just see it as halle won an oscar cause she was the best. I really feel like its all about trends though :| ...like black models were "trendy" for while and now its black actress'...it was asian models for a while. but i dont understand why it cant just be like ok he or she is the best....hire them....obviously certain parts require you to be of a certain ethnicity but i dont get why it has to be made in to such a big issue about what race you are. you know? But hopefully it changes permanently instead of whats "trendy"...they just have a staple of a mix of all different races in all types of media. Especially modeling since acting is a bit different cause sometimes the part just calls for a white person...like if their playing troy or soemthing like that. I just dont think its going to change much.

...that being said.

Frock and Roll! ;)

wrenp8.th.png

138vq3.th.jpg

Yeah, it kinda sucks, I just don´t get it why some people care so much about race, it´s freaky!! I mean, it doesn´t matter if he/she´s black or white or yellow or purple or pink :/ if he/she can act or is a great model...it´s a nonsense to matter about a race!!! just like you said, until it´s not the case of Helen of Troy or something like that...the variety is what I LOVE on this world, HOW COME someone can hate it?? Prefer just one race?? :o I think I´ll never understand this... :/ I hope this "trendy" thing like you´ve mentioned will come to an end soon, and there´ll be more models of other ethnicities too!! It would be much more interesting :ninja:

and when Halle won the Oscar, she indeed WAS the best - her role in Monster´s ball was exquisite..damn great acting!!!

Does anyone know the name of the girl in Akon's new "Don't Matter" video? I was looking for a pic, but it's kinda impossible to find one without a name considering he doesn't have a decent fansite. Not sure if this the right thread to ask, but I'm trying...

• 2 weeks later...