Bellazon

2014 SI Swimsuit

slowen

http://www.eonline.com/news/510891/topless-trio-of-nina-agdal-lily-aldridge-and-chrissy-teigen-share-cover-of-2014-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue

"I am so incredibly honored to be part of this issue," Aldridge said. "As my first time ever shooting with Sports Illustrated I never imagined I would be on the cover.

"I'm speechless," said Agdal. "This has been my goal. I couldn't be happier to be on this year's cover. It's absolutely amazing!"

Added Teigen: "I am so thrilled and honored to not only be on the cover but to be on the 50th Anniversary cover."

Not sure how it works at a mag as big as SI, but some publications I've worked with will contract multiple designers to work on multiple covers. They work their asses off on something only to have little (or less than expected) to show for it after their work isn't used.

Same in Advertising :/

Edited by PinkCouture

As for disappointed designers, I'd say that's nothing new and just the nature of the business.  I remember the 1982 Letter from the Publisher has this paragraph:

"Three of the suits were custom-made from a single square yard of a scarce silvery fabric called Skilab.  The only square yard available was in Italy; designer Monika Tilley had the fabric flown to New York and then transferred to a flight for San Diego, where she made the suits. Campbell had them the following evening.  It was a satisfying accomplishment, which is fortunate, because none of the three suits made it into the magazine."

:rofl: "It looks like a cheap quickie shot done with 3 college girls on spring break" (not my words)

random is a understatement. something changed their minds.. I mean why for the 50th anniversary do something so completely random when Kate is the cash cow?

If and when it flops it's on MJ's hands.. I hope she's proud of herself.

Happy for Nina. She is amazing.

:rofl: "It looks like a cheap quickie shot done with 3 college girls on spring break" (not my words)

Wow harsh, somewhat true though. That cover isn't anything special.

Maybe if this flops we can a new chief editor of the issue that isn't obsessed with photoshopping everyone into cartoons.

Gotta agree with that, while I'm happy Nina got the cover, and its nice lily is there too, I think the shot was kinda random, and isn't really cover material IMO. 

Very disappointed by this cover... she looks like a bad joke from SI, again... 

again ?

last year the cover wasnt a good cover and i like kate dont get me wrong kate had amazing shots in antartica besides the cover but this year cover is better than last year i think.

Very disappointed by this cover... she looks like a bad joke from SI, again... 

again ?

last year the cover wasnt a good cover and i like kate dont get me wrong kate had amazing shots in antartica besides the cover but this year cover is better than last year i think.

I loved the last cover ... not this one ...

Wow harsh, somewhat true though. That cover isn't anything special.

Maybe if this flops we can a new chief editor of the issue that isn't obsessed with photoshopping everyone into cartoons.

I'm done talking about it... Now I'm looking forward to what's inside. Pheno you need to stop working and answer your bloody phone <3