Bellazon

Vintage Model IDs

modelknowledge

7 hours ago, missparker7 said:

Me, too. I started to have scruples to do it these days as I used to do years ago. These magazines are more and more hard to find and maybe it´s the last issue on planet earth you have in your collection?:ohmy: This made me think tearing a part of history. I guess books will be kept almost forever, but magazines are thrown out much easier after some time. Most magazines will be in a few years only online available. I´m sure.

But some prices being wished to get by some sellers for old magazines are just ridiculous I think.:beating:

Hahhahhahhhhhaaaa!!! I've never seen that spank emote before...I laughed for real. 😆 haha! So true too... the prices.  :baronfaint: 

Yes, I have some magazines that I don't think I'll ever see again if I ruin them... I'm scared to bend the spine to scan them... let alone tear them up.  I like how you just scan the whole magazine with both pages, because I love editing. When I download your scans, I separate & clean the pages up a bit in Photoshop, and I love doing it.  It relaxes me. :yes:

4 minutes ago, Bride fan said:

I've been watching several older bridal mags on Ebay for over two years and the greedy so-n-so wants 200 bucks for them!  In almost every case I'll see the same mag come up for a reasonable price and I jump on it.  I'll take a screenshot of the price I paid and send it to the greedy seller.

$200 Good Lord!!! for a Brides Mag? No good. I sold a magazine for that much once, but it was super legit rare magazine. I'm not a very greedy seller, I like the magazines to be sold fast vs be expensive.

@BlueAcadia @missparker7 actually I remove pages very carefully too, I remove the glue and then just need to pull the page a little bit from the remaining thin part of the glue. I also scan my magazines completely, not only fashion pages, but articles too - every single page. I'm going to start a topic here to post PDFs of my magazines (when I'll have a few to post). I have bought tons of magazines in the last couple of years and they take a lot of space in my apartment (and for this reason I always prefer a good digital copy over print), at the same time I can't sell anything on Ebay due to sanctions (Paypal doesn't work in Russia), neither I have the will to do so, I just hate selling personal stuff :laugh: In Russia I have to sell them very cheap to sell fast or wait forever (and store them forever) to sell at reasonable price. I'd rather scan them and post here so other people can use them too :)

13 hours ago, missparker7 said:

AUSTRALIAN HAIR AND BEAUTY November/December 1983

HairAndBeautyOZ11-1283a.thumb.jpg.e5c5be5f1c741aa913110e6866816579.jpgHairAndBeautyOZ11-1283b.thumb.jpg.210049bb988510da2556d163a74d910c.jpgHairAndBeautyOZ11-1283c.thumb.jpg.400708158f9d7476f9e7019c631dadf6.jpg

source: ebay

Kim Alexis and...?

First girl is ☝️ Nikki Smith (brunette) again and the blonde isn't Kim Alexis (a doppelganger!) The last 2 pages has Liz Devine Carol Schwarz☝️:flower:

18 hours ago, danny-19 said:

@BlueAcadia @missparker7 actually I remove pages very carefully too, I remove the glue and then just need to pull the page a little bit from the remaining thin part of the glue. I also scan my magazines completely, not only fashion pages, but articles too - every single page. I'm going to start a topic here to post PDFs of my magazines (when I'll have a few to post). I have bought tons of magazines in the last couple of years and they take a lot of space in my apartment (and for this reason I always prefer a good digital copy over print), at the same time I can't sell anything on Ebay due to sanctions (Paypal doesn't work in Russia), neither I have the will to do so, I just hate selling personal stuff :laugh: In Russia I have to sell them very cheap to sell fast or wait forever (and store them forever) to sell at reasonable price. I'd rather scan them and post here so other people can use them too :)

:heythere:Stupid, stupid politicians & politics keeping us normal people apart from each other!!! The truth is, that we actually get along like this!!! :buddies:

On 1/22/2024 at 2:03 PM, danny-19 said:

Hopefully someone will be able to recognize these two beautiful models :blush:
All photos come from WWD photoshoot Seventh Avenue Young Designers Fall 1990 Sportswear Collection Advances

Young_Designers_Fall_1990_01.jpg Young_Designers_Fall_1990_02.jpg  

She is Annette Kosanda!! :flower: I knew her face the second I saw it, but couldn't remember her name! Then her last name just popped in my head today, so I was able to find her in my files!! Woo!! ( I had 1 pic of her only!! probably an image from an agency headsheet from Marlowe Press, from waaaaay back before I kept detailed info)

AnnetteKosanda.thumb.JPG.adaaab1407468af05d0751e88f55931b.JPG

1 hour ago, BlueAcadia said:

She is Annette Kosanda!! :flower: I knew her face the second I saw it, but couldn't remember her name! Then her last name just popped in my head today, so I was able to find her in my files!! Woo!! ( I had 1 pic of her only!! probably an image from an agency headsheet from Marlowe Press, from waaaaay back before I kept detailed info)

AnnetteKosanda.thumb.JPG.adaaab1407468af05d0751e88f55931b.JPG

Wow, thank you so much! You have a good eye and a great memory :clap:

21 hours ago, danny-19 said:

Wow, thank you so much! You have a good eye and a great memory :clap:

Thank you so much, I do actually have a photographic memory but it is a type very specific to human faces... I DO NOT have a photographic memory for the names that go along with those faces... so I spend a ton of time like this because of it: :girlbanghead::yes:

11 hours ago, ChrissyDior said:

Hi Everyone! 
can anyone please help me ID the black model. This is in Neiman Marcus Summer 1992 catalog. Thank you so much! 💜💗

IMG_5030.jpeg IMG_5031.jpeg

Maybe Charmaine Bernard🤔 or maybe Dortensia or Lortensia Hayes

On 5/24/2024 at 10:03 PM, Bride fan said:

I've been watching several older bridal mags on Ebay for over two years and the greedy so-n-so wants 200 bucks for them!  In almost every case I'll see the same mag come up for a reasonable price and I jump on it.  I'll take a screenshot of the price I paid and send it to the greedy seller.

:flower: Congratulations on this good deal. I remember the days you got a very expensive bridal magazine (BRIDE`S or MODERN BRIDE) when it was $50. Today this is a cheap one.

On 5/24/2024 at 10:05 PM, BlueAcadia said:

Hahhahhahhhhhaaaa!!! I've never seen that spank emote before...I laughed for real. 😆 haha! So true too... the prices.  :baronfaint: 

Yes, I have some magazines that I don't think I'll ever see again if I ruin them... I'm scared to bend the spine to scan them... let alone tear them up.  I like how you just scan the whole magazine with both pages, because I love editing. When I download your scans, I separate & clean the pages up a bit in Photoshop, and I love doing it.  It relaxes me. :yes:

Unfortunately I can do this only with smaller size magazines. They fit on my A3 scanner. The bigger ones I have to scan in single pages and pull them down a lot. I´m always afraid the spine could break. Some are very fragile now.

Some days this is also relaxing work to me. Wished I had more time for doing it.

On 5/24/2024 at 10:07 PM, BlueAcadia said:

$200 Good Lord!!! for a Brides Mag? No good. I sold a magazine for that much once, but it was super legit rare magazine. I'm not a very greedy seller, I like the magazines to be sold fast vs be expensive.

Yes, neither you want to sell or just see your stuff online. Some magazines are for years at ebay now and doesn´t sell. I wonder why these sellers doesn´t reduce the price. What they´re waiting for?:idk: