Bellazon

Vintage Model IDs

modelknowledge

3 hours ago, danny-19 said:

@Jim T @parisienne @BlueAcadia @Minerva13 thank you so much, you are awesome :clap::heart:

parisienne, I can't find Lisa Barbuscia's topic too! :ohmy: Oh no, it was so large! :(
And yes, all photos from my post are scans from Marie Claire UK November 1990, I teared out every page with my own hands :laugh:

When I scan, I use a hand planer to *carefully* remove the spine and glue, usually a mm or two.  This gives you the whole page.  Message me if you want pictures and all the gory details.

2 hours ago, BlueAcadia said:

uuuugh. 😭 I'm guessing Bellazon had to purge data because it's too full. My website is on the same server as Bellazon- I can see behind the curtain how it costs more money to host it as you go up in data storage levels. Instead of having it crash- you can pay more money every year and bump up data storage levels (thousands of dollars) ...if not, you can purge data to return to your proper data level. omg.... I really hope that isn't what it is. I couldn't even find a web server in existence that can store more data than Invision.... that's why I chose it, it can actually go to infinity storage (never loose data), but that level is crazy expensive. 😵

It would be nice if Bellazon WOULD TELL US WHEN IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN so that folks can download or backup their stuff.

I keep saying that we need a 'fire escape' for the gang here.  Just a place we can regroup if it goes down for good.  Discord would be a good choice.

Yes?

2 hours ago, Bride fan said:

When I scan, I use a hand planer to *carefully* remove the spine and glue, usually a mm or two.  This gives you the whole page.  Message me if you want pictures and all the gory details.

I also used to absolutely dissect my magazines. Scraping glue, pulling staples... like surgery. I used to sell the individual ads. I have boxes filled to the brim with loose ads. 😶

Now, I scan the entire magazine in one piece, so I can resell it... I think I've become lazy, but I also feel bad tearing mags up now days because they are so rare.

On 5/22/2024 at 7:41 PM, parisienne said:

The same campaign.

MarieClaireUK_November1990_042.jpg.b2ab6c1a7c7db8a7ea8ca75c74e22710.jpg PUBLICITE ADVERTISING 064 1990 MILLE parfum de JEAN PATOU.jpg

Thanks for adding the other one. :flower: I posted this a while back and had no ID so far. As soon Martial confirmed it´s the same model I can post it in her topic.

On 5/23/2024 at 12:14 AM, BlueAcadia said:

I also used to absolutely dissect my magazines. Scraping glue, pulling staples... like surgery. I used to sell the individual ads. I have boxes filled to the brim with loose ads. 😶

Now, I scan the entire magazine in one piece, so I can resell it... I think I've become lazy, but I also feel bad tearing mags up now days because they are so rare.

Me, too. I started to have scruples to do it these days as I used to do years ago. These magazines are more and more hard to find and maybe it´s the last issue on planet earth you have in your collection?:ohmy: This made me think tearing a part of history. I guess books will be kept almost forever, but magazines are thrown out much easier after some time. Most magazines will be in a few years only online available. I´m sure.

But some prices being wished to get by some sellers for old magazines are just ridiculous I think.:beating:

On 5/22/2024 at 7:46 PM, parisienne said:

Threads disappeared... Strange phenomenon. With Birgit Konrad it was possible to remedy this, let's hope for the best.

"with my own hands"...they call them paper cutters... image.png.482d8b4e08ffd1b0c2b22efb6343236c.png

I asked to re-built it. I think it dissapeared at the same time when Birgits topic got lost.

I browsed my postings from that time and I´m pretty sure I´ve posted one editorial of Lisa when I posted it in Nika Balfours topic also. Google refers to page 207 of my content, but nothing of this editorial when I look there and the pages before and after. So there´s more lost from that time, I believe.:cry:

4 minutes ago, missparker7 said:

I asked to re-built it. I think it dissapeared at the same time when Birgits topic got lost.

I browsed my postings from that time and I´m pretty sure I´ve posted one editorial of Lisa when I posted it in Nika Balfours topic also. Google refers to page 207 of my content, but nothing of this editorial when I look there and the pages before and after. So there´s more lost from that time, I believe.:cry:

I also asked to check and move it to the models section. image.gif.506c68e0274a76f16bb7bdb6d08289dd.gif I think I have all the photos to possibly reconstruct it. image.png.79154aa46443379e2ecb4df37c3e37de.png

16 minutes ago, parisienne said:

I also asked to check and move it to the models section. image.gif.506c68e0274a76f16bb7bdb6d08289dd.gif I think I have all the photos to possibly reconstruct it. image.png.79154aa46443379e2ecb4df37c3e37de.png

That´s great.:nicole:  If they can´t re-built it, we can do a new one at the models section. I fear there are some scans of me which aren´t in other topics to find. Since I delete my scans after the upload they´re gone when Bellazon doesn´t take care of them. Good you have them. Thanks, dear. :flower:

On 1/22/2024 at 11:03 PM, danny-19 said:

Hopefully someone will be able to recognize these two beautiful models :blush:
All photos come from WWD photoshoot Seventh Avenue Young Designers Fall 1990 Sportswear Collection Advances

Young_Designers_Fall_1990_01.jpg Young_Designers_Fall_1990_02.jpg Young_Designers_Fall_1990_03.jpg Young_Designers_Fall_1990_04.jpg

So getting back to your mysterious model in the right. What do you think? Is it Connie Roberson?

ConnieRoberson1989_30651.thumb.jpg.509dfc892eb19e42c8c42962ccd1e157.jpgConnieRoberson1990_89384.thumb.jpg.67dcd6edbcbbf29c0c80ea56bab872f7.jpg

modelcomposites.com

On 1/29/2024 at 1:49 PM, missparker7 said:

I keep this in memory and hope to find her ID one day! I´m also interested to know who she is. She´s beautiful. But I´m sure it´s the same model than in the best covers I´ve posted before. Also she did the album cover of AMERICAN Ballads from 1996 and this KENT advertisement. Unfortunately I have no no more infos.

AmericanBallads.thumb.jpg.46bd05f8bfa7c37554f583cce9db5de3.jpg KentAd.jpg.f070ae5a8aab5870b198c43212ff1a57.jpg

Sooner or later we´ll find out who she is.:yes: I´m pretty sure she´s also somewhere else at Bellazon. I hope to find this picture by chance and more I hope there´s an ID with it!

Connie Roberson?

ConnieRoberson1989_30651.thumb.jpg.509dfc892eb19e42c8c42962ccd1e157.jpgConnieRoberson1990_89384.thumb.jpg.67dcd6edbcbbf29c0c80ea56bab872f7.jpg

modelcomposites.com

7 hours ago, missparker7 said:

Thanks for adding the other one. :flower: I posted this a while back and had no ID so far. As soon Martial confirmed it´s the same model I can post it in her topic.

Yay! She is so beautiful...I'm glad it's all sorted out. :yes:

7 hours ago, missparker7 said:

But some prices being wished to get by some sellers for old magazines are just ridiculous I think.:beating:

I've been watching several older bridal mags on Ebay for over two years and the greedy so-n-so wants 200 bucks for them!  In almost every case I'll see the same mag come up for a reasonable price and I jump on it.  I'll take a screenshot of the price I paid and send it to the greedy seller.