Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio (GENERAL DISCUSSION)

The Great Gatsby” Soundtrack Boasts All-Star Lineup

1. 100$ Bill - JAY Z
  2. Back To Black - Beyoncé x André 3000
  3. Bang Bang - will.i.am
  4. A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) - Fergie + Q Tip + GoonRock
  5. Young And Beautiful - Lana Del Rey
  6. Love Is The Drug - Bryan Ferry with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
  7. Over The Love - Florence + The Machine
  8. Where The Wind Blows - Coco O. of Quadron
  9. Crazy in Love - Emeli Sandé and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra
  10. Together – The xx
  11. Hearts A Mess - Gotye
  12. Love Is Blindness – Jack White
  13. Into the Past - Nero
  14. Kill and Run - Sia

http://www.businessw...All-Star-Lineup

Gossip via Star magazine :cain:

Bradley Cooper Is a Student of the Tao of DiCaprio ... and Other Absurdities From This Week's Tabloids

Bradley Cooper & Leonardo DiCaprio? "Bradley Cooper is getting a lesson in no-strings-attached hookups from Hollywood's ultimate bachelor, Leonardo DiCaprio! The guys [both are 38 years old] got to know each other during awards season, and Leo took Bradley under his wing. Bradley was moaning about finding Mrs. Right. But Leo told him to chill out and enjoy all the beautiful women. Leo, who has romanced a string of catwalkers, explained his master plan to the Silver Linings Playbook hunk." Leo says, "He's going to date as many supermodels as possible before he's 40, then he'll settle down with a good woman." Ohhh, good for yoooou! "Bradley's been following his pal's advice — good times with no committment."

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/73004/bradley-cooper-is-a-student-of-the-tao-of-dicaprio-and-other-absurdities-from-this-weeks-tabloidsex_cid=grantland33

Tweet from JWOWW :p

JWOWW@JENNIWOWW 1h

@PattyMcNugget: Dicaprio wouldn't of died in titanic if @JENNIWOWW deployed her breasts as a floatation device.” I agree!!!!

and just when we were getting over the stupid inception/titanic tweets...now this is all over twitter :banghead:

It's time for Leonardo DiCaprio to give up on his acting career and open a coffee shop called Leonardo DiCappuccino.

Girlfriend Alert!

Leonardo DiCaprio Dating Heather Hahn

LEONARDO DiCaprio has another new girlfriend!

The actor, 38, is dating Heather Hahn, 25.

At a dinner with friends at Baoli Miami on March 21, “Leo only had eyes for Heather” as the group feasted on filet mignon and drank several bottles of Dom Perignon, says an eyewitness.

Then they hit the dance floor, where Leo “was grabbing her by the waist as they danced,” adds the eyewitness.

“They were laughing and smiling and really seemed into each other. Leo was a total gentleman. He even pulled out Heather’s chair for her!”

http://www.showbizspy.com/article/258572/leonardo-dicaprio-dating-heather-hahn.html

Girlfriend Alert!

At a dinner with friends at Baoli Miami on March 21, “Leo only had eyes for Heather” as the group feasted on filet mignon and drank several bottles of Dom Perignon, says an eyewitness.

Then they hit the dance floor, where Leo “was grabbing her by the waist as they danced,” adds the eyewitness.

“They were laughing and smiling and really seemed into each other. Leo was a total gentleman. He even pulled out Heather’s chair for her!”

http://www.showbizsp...ather-hahn.html

Hmmm I guess we'll have to wait and see :whistle:

From back in 2002, Howard Stern was interviewing Tobey Maguire and they bring up Leo at about the half way point. They discuss how it felt to be apart of Leo's posse and then later on they discuss how now Tobey can show off to leo since he now has his own house and is also a big star etc etc etc. They weren't very kind to Leo but Keep in mind this was before GONY and CMIYC, at a time when he may have been going through a bit of Titanic Backlash, or perhaps they are just bitter that Leo never came on their show... However time has been very kind to Leo of course :D :heart:

Also Keep in mind this is Howard Stern so expect vulgarity if you end up watching most of the vid.... alot of talk about who Tobey has had sexual relations with :cain: :p

Certainly can't picture Leo on this show. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UB9-R3Xw4j8

Girlfriend Alert!

http://www.showbizsp...ather-hahn.html

So Leo is not dating heather, story denied by GossipCop :p

According to In Touch, Leonardo DiCaprio “appears to have a new lady in his life: model Heather Hahn.”

The tabloid’s source claims “Leo had eyes only for Heather” at a recent dinner with friends, and that later the actor “was grabbing her by the waist as they danced.”

“They were laughing and smiling and really seemed into each other,” alleges the In Touch spy.

Interesting.

We wonder if the magazine got this story from the same insiders who fed it a bogus tale about DiCaprio and Blake Lively possibly reuniting.

Because this new report linking him to Hahn is NOT true, either.

A source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop, “It’s hard to date someone you never met.”

http://www.gossipcop..._medium=twitter

Thanks Ox for the tweets!

Interesting article ; gives us some insight into how Leo's Gatsby may be portrayed, and that it may , infact, be more 'true' to how Fitzgerald originally created/envisoned the characters

What Baz Luhrmann Asked Me About 'The Great Gatsby'

It's not often that a chalky pedagogue brushes fingertips with a famous movie director. This happened to me about a year ago when I entered into a conversation, via email, with Baz Luhrmann, the director of the glittering new film version of The Great Gatsby.

I'm the general editor of the Cambridge Edition of the Works of F. Scott Fitzgerald, a multi-volume scholarly enterprise that publishes the texts, annotations, appendixes, and textual tables that academics like to squabble over. I've also recently edited, for Scribner, a new trade edition of Fitzgerald's 1922 novel The Beautiful and Damned, a book saturated with the nervous energy of the Jazz Age. Luhrmann and his cast -- Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby, Carey Mulligan as Daisy, and Tobey Maguire as Nick -- were shooting in Australia. Luhrmann was curious about some historical details in the scenes he was filming. Might he ask a few questions?

I was certainly willing to answer -- was impressed, in fact, by Luhrmann's desire to get the details right. The questions were ones I'd never thought to ask. For example: How would the Buchanan's domestic servants have differed from Gatsby's house staff? (Answer: Tom and Daisy would have had French servants, with the proper look and manner. Gatsby would have had an American butler with a faux-British accent and Irish serving maids with the wrong noses.) Would Gatsby have invited African-Americans to his gaudy parties? (Answer: He might well have. Actors and entertainers from Harlem were beginning to appear on Broadway in the 1920s. Gatsby would have wanted them on his blue lawn.)

Luhrmann was also interested in Trimalchio, the early version of The Great Gatsby that I published in 2000 as a volume in the Cambridge Edition. (Trimalchio is a character in the Satyricon of Petronius. He is a former slave grown wealthy who throws ostentatious parties in Nero's Rome. Fitzgerald used Trimalchio as one of the working titles for his novel.)

Trimalchio is the Ur-text, a clever little novel of manners narrated by an unpleasant fellow named Carraway. Fitzgerald transformed Trimalchio into The Great Gatsby with a burst of inspired revision in late 1924 and early 1925. How do the characters in Trimalchio, and particularly Jay Gatsby, differ from those in The Great Gatsby?

Luhrmann acquired copies of the Cambridge Trimalchio and had his actors read the text. DiCaprio, it seems, was intrigued by Jimmy Gatz in Trimalchio, a more mysterious and dangerous figure than the Jay Gatsby most of us are familiar with from the published novel. We learn about the eponymous hero of The Great Gatsby bit by bit as the chapters advance. But we are told almost nothing about Jimmy Gatz in Trimalchio until the end of the narrative, when he reveals his past in a long confessional scene, with Nick serving as the priest.

Carrie Mulligan became curious about the Chicago debutante Ginevra King, Fitzgerald's first great love and one of the women on whom he modeled Daisy. Ginevra's teenage diary and her letters to Fitzgerald are preserved at Princeton University Library. Mulligan went to Princeton and studied them. The diary and the letters would have told her quite a lot about Ginevra, a lovely young woman who became a kind of abstraction for Fitzgerald after their romance had ended. Nearly all of his beautiful rich girls were based, at least in part, on Ginevra.

I'm keen to see the movie. It opens in the U.S. on May 10 and will lead off the Cannes Film Festival a few days later. The curiosity and tenacity of Luhrmann, DiCaprio, and Mulligan have impressed this plodding editor. What influence might Trimalchio have had on DiCaprio's portrayal of Jay Gatsby? And Ginevra's diary, which I found fascinating when I read it -- what effect on Mulligan's rendering of Daisy?

Classes end here in late April. I'll face a stack of term papers and a pile of exams, but after that I'll want to see this new incarnation of Fitzgerald's novel. I'm hoping for a Daisy who is faintly corrupt but who still has money in her voice, and for a darker, sexier, more violent Gatsby.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-l-w-west-iii/what-baz-luhrmann-asked-m_b_3047387.html

^Thanks Ox! They really are sticking to the book nicely, love the research leo and carey did for their characters!

Style Report: Shop the Best of Celebrity Men’s Fashion This Week

While everyone is buzzing about this summer’s biggest blockbuster The Great Gatsby (watch the new trailer and get excited) we’re particularly fond of the film’s leading man, Leonardo DiCaprio, and his low-key style. Even though Jay Gatsby himself might not approve of Leo’s sun-faded polo and slip-on shoes, we like the look for being totally effortless, and by default way more cool.

http://ht.ly/jVrS2

^his style really isn't to shabby nowadays. :drool: Hes actually picked up some fashion sense when it comes to his casual clothing :p

Lana Del Rey on 'Great Gatsby': 'It's highly glamorous and exciting'

Lana Del Rey has said that Baz Luhrmann's upcoming adaptation of The Great Gatsby is "glamorous and exciting".

The singer-songwriter appears on the Jay-Z-curated soundtrack for the film, contributing the new song 'Young And Beautiful'.

Del Rey said: "It was an honor to work with Baz Luhrmann on his amazing adaptation of one of the most extraordinary books ever written.

"The movie is highly glamorous and exciting; Rick Nowels and I were thrilled to write the song for the film."

Jay-Z previously said: "The Great Gatsby is that classic American story of one's introduction to extravagance, decadence and illusion.

"It's ripe for experimentation and ready to be interpreted with a modern twist. The imagination Baz brought to Moulin Rouge! made it a masterpiece, and Romeo + Juliet's score wasn't just in the background; the music became a character.

"This film's vision and direction has all the makings of an epic experience."

Luhrmann added: "F Scott Fitzgerald's novel is peppered with contemporary music references specific to the story's setting of 1922.

"While we acknowledge, as Fitzgerald phrased it, 'the Jazz Age,' and this is the period represented on screen, we - our audience - are living in the 'hip-hop age' and want our viewers to feel the impact of modern-day music the way Fitzgerald did for the readers of his novel at the time of its publication."

As well as Del Rey and Jay-Z, Luhrmann worked alongside Florence Welch and The xx, who wrote their new songs to picture.

The score for the film has been composed by Craig Armstrong, who previously worked with Luhrmann on Moulin Rouge! and William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet.

The soundtrack is released on May 6 in standard and deluxe digital and physical editions via Interscope Records.

http://www.digitalsp...d-exciting.html

If anyone wants to read Gatsby's earlier manuscript "Trimalchio", here is an html version! There are some differences in the character, like Gatsby crying when he talks about Daisy, also they have a little argument at his party when she's rude to his friends.

I've noticed that some parts of the trailer are actually from Trimalchio!

http://fitzgerald.narod.ru/gatsby/trimalchio.html