Bellazon

Nicole Trunfio
Thumbnail

yendeldoo

A friend of mine told me the other day she thought she saw her @ a cafe in Bondi Sydney.

Here is a recent interview with her- good to see she will be returning to the runway!!

Interview with Australian topmodel - Nicole Trunfio

* Nicole, how are you these days? Where do we catch you - in New York or in Merredin?

I am very well thankyou! You definately catch me in New York.... there are 3 times a year I have to be back in my home town and there is no way out of it (don't get me wrong - I'm so glad that there is no way out of it): Sausage weekend, Tomato Sauce Day and Christmas..... you're probably thinking "what the hell", but these are Italian traditions that my family, being Italian Australians, still do! Can I tell you though it is not all work we have such a great time together the whole 198 of us (kiddin) such a humble good old time dirt bikes go carts funny uncles bon fires you name it!!

* What can you tell us about your childhood?

It was very very different.... umm I grew up in the bush (outback) west Australia, I went to a private catholic school which was 50% aborigine (Indigenous Australian) which was such an incredible experience. Now looking back, we learnt a great amount about their culture, and their art (painting was my fave). I loved the people. And of course the contrast of being Italian was added another layer to me! white skin, curly black hair, skinny as a stick. I felt so out of place, Australia can still be very racist so it made me see life from a lot of different angles.

* How has your winning in the Australian television show "Search for a Supermodel" back then in 2003, boosted your career?

It's funny to look back on it now because I never seen it like that! It was a lot of fun and definately gave me some insight on the industry, it was cool because there were some really nice and interesting people there. The stylist Michael Angel is still like family to this day! We were just a bunch of kids having fun. Winning a huge contract in the world competition was just a blur to me - I still can not believe it actually happened, you know when you have those dreams where everything is sorta foggy... well yeah I remember it like that. It was my first trip over seas and I took my mum with me, I was 17, it was surreal.

* You're one of the most highly sought after models in the world, gracing the catwalks and top magazines. What made you so successful?

If only we knew??? I think that every body in this world has a destiny. And if you do the right thing and respect yourself and other people then the opportunities are endless. My family has played a huge part however they raised me was right, they keep me grounded and full of love and compassion and never let me stop appriciating and enjoying my life.

* How do you feel on runway?

Like a million bucks! something you can't describe, I love the runway. I haven't done the show for 2 seasons due to personal and family issues which were priority at the time. But I am definately looking forward to getting my butt back in some Lagerfeld or Versace and strutting my stuff (haha).

* What was the most interesting shooting you've done recently? (and why).

Victoria's Secrets. They are always a great client, sexy, beautiful locations, fun, and swimming with sharks!!

* How do you prepare differently for modeling auditions now, compared with when you started?

I guess it is the opposite. I feel so at home in the industry now that it is just going back to see a friendly face (or not!!!) and seeing if the creative direction is a match. Being a model is much like being a muse and inspiring people... I'm a lot more realxed and comfortable in my body.

* Let's discuss the Sisley fall winter 2005 ad campaign - with you, Swedish model Vicky Andren and Steve, taken by Terry Richardson. In some photos you appeared with Vicky, in other photos alone, and in the rest with a "pink" dog. Do you change your mood correspondingly to your company on the scene? What does it take to satisfy the client in such a variety of shots?

It's all an act, you become the character.

* If you could go anywhere or have something, where would you go or want and why?

I would go to Africa... just me... a beautiful boy (inside and out) and an old film camera to capture the wildness, the freedom, the firey souls, the hurt, the laughter, the culture... which could be around the corner.

* With your breathtaking beauty you can probably get any man you want. Who is your ideal man that can win your love?

Someone deep dark and mysterious would be my first answer... but to me it's all about good character, someone that stands out in the crowd and is different. Family has to be important to him and his loyalty and respect. I love a good sense of humor, soemone with great energy and a sparkle in their eye. Do you think it is possible?

* There are plenty of modeling years ahead of you. What are your goals within the industry?

To meet and work with all the inspired people out there and create iconic art that will never be forgotten.

SOURCE: http://www.zrakor.co.il/iconic.html

• 2 weeks later...