Bellazon

Editorials

rosada

Alot of reprints but yes she's done so many editorials, but shes been doing Vogue since 1997-NOW, so her longevity is impressive. She's always loved to shoot more than anything I think. I think what helped her career alot is she did not take the money jobs right away. She built her portfolio from day 1 (and Vogue eds do not pay that much..) but in doing so, it paid off better in the long run. I think going too commerical too early hurts a girls career. (well obviously not money wise but prestige/status wise it does, IMO). How are designers,editors,photographers gonna be impressed with a bunch of random/commercial/catalog pictures in a girls book at castings?

Emily Didonato is a perfect example. its not that shes not beautiful enough to get great work, she just seems to be complacent with commercial jobs (dont blame her, they pay well, lol) but at the same time, I cant imagine the likes of Anna Wintour and Steven Meisel running to book a girl with the bulk of her portfolio being over photoshopped,uninspired Maybelline pictures...:/

but it is a different era so maybe not as fair to compare. When Gisele was starting out models were still getting magazine covers and actresses taking all the models jobs was a new concept so there were more jobs for a model back then.