Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Gisele is almost 40 years old and has done some aesthetic procedures, she filled her lips and anything else on her face (maybe botox in the eyebrow area to look up) that her pictures aren't making her as beautiful as she was... Doutzen for me continues the same thing and she keeps it like this, I hope she doesn't do anything too radical to pretend to be younger. I hope she grows old like Jane Fonda or Jennifer Lopez!

Will we have Doutzen in some editorial in the September issue of Vogue US?

I think it's possible that the shoot with Karlie and the other girls is for Vogue US and it's taking too long to shoot in Africa and with Karen and Carolyn! I can't wait anymore...

13 hours ago, Mille Backer said:

Gisele is almost 40 years old and has done some aesthetic procedures, she filled her lips and anything else on her face (maybe botox in the eyebrow area to look up) that her pictures aren't making her as beautiful as she was... Doutzen for me continues the same thing and she keeps it like this, I hope she doesn't do anything too radical to pretend to be younger. I hope she grows old like Jane Fonda or Jennifer Lopez!

Will we have Doutzen in some editorial in the September issue of Vogue US?

I think it's possible that the shoot with Karlie and the other girls is for Vogue US and it's taking too long to shoot in Africa and with Karen and Carolyn! I can't wait anymore...

I think that shoot was a campaign. I don’t think that any magazine has the budget to book a helicopter for Doutzen to catch her flight home

ES magazine cover 

2.thumb.jpg.32fdd251da64e7da377db4e12c8b8833.jpg

Supermodel Doutzen Kroes reveals why she is determined to use her fame for good

Dewy skin, cool tones and a dash of rebel spirit — supermodel Doutzen Kroes shows us how to wear the season’s freshest looks

4.thumb.jpg.7a5cfb804130074fb4c97abd98e5f159.jpg

Doutzen Kroes has a thing for redheads.

Not that her husband, dark-haired DJ Sunnery James, has anything to worry about — Kroes’s affection is for ginger apes. "My dream was always to go to Borneo to work with orangutans," the 33-year-old Dutch supermodel says. "As a kid I never really liked going to zoos. There was something in me that meant I knew I wanted to work with animals, nature and environmental protection." Kroes has, in her 15-year career, walked for pretty much every big label — Versace? Prada? Valentino? Fendi? Check, check, check, check — as well as being the face of L’Oréal Paris for 12 years and having spent seven years with wings as a Victoria’s Secret Angel. And yet she hasn’t forgotten her childhood dream, using a stellar career as a springboard to saving endangered species.

It isn’t just orangutans. After a trip to Kenya, Kroes launched the phenomenally successful #KnotOnMyPlanet campaign in 2016 to raise funds for the Elephant Crisis Fund, the anti-ivory charity supported by the actor and environmental activist, Leonardo DiCaprio. It has raised more than £3 million and counting. 

1.thumb.jpg.9167ec43de166afe24f292ee3939dc6a.jpg

Not bad for a girl from the tiny town of Eastermar in the Netherlands (population: nearly 1,600). A mean speed-skater and cyclist, it wasn’t until age 18 that she came across a fashion magazine and fell head over heels. She secretly sent pictures to a local modelling agency ("if it didn’t work out I didn’t want anyone to know I’d tried"). When her first shoot was published, Kroes played it adorably cool. "I brought the magazine to school, and I opened it and was like, 'Oh! What a coincidence!’"

The rest is golden history. Not that Kroes’s wild success (she was the 13th highest-paid model in the world, according to Forbes in 2016) means she’s blind to the negative side of the fashion world. She’s active in old friend Sara Ziff’s Model Alliance, helping launch the Respect Programme in May. The programme calls on brands and agencies to sign a legal agreement to enforce safe work environments for models and aims to make the abuse exposed recently in the industry a thing of the past.

3.thumb.jpg.9988032e61b3ee3e3dc4a12a9bc0f173.jpg

Health is clearly important to Kroes. In terms of body image, she says her aim is to ‘inspire’ people — she is active in promoting natural images, frequently posting no-make-up selfies on Instagram. Kroes says she has ‘bad days’ like anyone else: "When I look in the mirror, I see a whole different person than in the picture." She worries about the impact social media will have on her children with James: Myllena, four, and Phyllon, seven. "If kids join social media it’s very important for them to know that this is not the real world. My kids are not there yet but it’s something I worry about, my daughter especially. She’s going to grow up with this." 

7.thumb.jpg.8d81fa5f1a2366b89039425a7caa6bd1.jpg

Not that her husband, dark-haired DJ Sunnery James, has anything to worry about — Kroes’s affection is for ginger apes. "My dream was always to go to Borneo to work with orangutans," the 33-year-old Dutch supermodel says. "As a kid I never really liked going to zoos. There was something in me that meant I knew I wanted to work with animals, nature and environmental protection." Kroes has, in her 15-year career, walked for pretty much every big label — Versace? Prada? Valentino? Fendi? Check, check, check, check — as well as being the face of L’Oréal Paris for 12 years and having spent seven years with wings as a Victoria’s Secret Angel. And yet she hasn’t forgotten her childhood dream, using a stellar career as a springboard to saving endangered species.

It isn’t just orangutans. After a trip to Kenya, Kroes launched the phenomenally successful #KnotOnMyPlanet campaign in 2016 to raise funds for the Elephant Crisis Fund, the anti-ivory charity supported by the actor and environmental activist, Leonardo DiCaprio. It has raised more than £3 million and counting. 

77.thumb.jpg.d504a66eb3872960be2748ab6441a78e.jpg

Not bad for a girl from the tiny town of Eastermar in the Netherlands (population: nearly 1,600). A mean speed-skater and cyclist, it wasn’t until age 18 that she came across a fashion magazine and fell head over heels. She secretly sent pictures to a local modelling agency ("if it didn’t work out I didn’t want anyone to know I’d tried"). When her first shoot was published, Kroes played it adorably cool. "I brought the magazine to school, and I opened it and was like, 'Oh! What a coincidence!’"

The rest is golden history. Not that Kroes’s wild success (she was the 13th highest-paid model in the world, according to Forbes in 2016) means she’s blind to the negative side of the fashion world. She’s active in old friend Sara Ziff’s Model Alliance, helping launch the Respect Programme in May. The programme calls on brands and agencies to sign a legal agreement to enforce safe work environments for models and aims to make the abuse exposed recently in the industry a thing of the past.

Doutzen Kroes

777.thumb.jpg.82e082131a918c17239efe669b487571.jpg

Health is clearly important to Kroes. In terms of body image, she says her aim is to ‘inspire’ people — she is active in promoting natural images, frequently posting no-make-up selfies on Instagram. Kroes says she has ‘bad days’ like anyone else: "When I look in the mirror, I see a whole different person than in the picture." She worries about the impact social media will have on her children with James: Myllena, four, and Phyllon, seven. "If kids join social media it’s very important for them to know that this is not the real world. My kids are not there yet but it’s something I worry about, my daughter especially. She’s going to grow up with this." 

88.thumb.jpg.93e8778b2f0b66c84fda6d1b865c50af.jpg

When it comes to diet, her watchword is ‘fresh’. "I think it’s important to put things in your body that [it] recognises, so fresh, healthy food. To me it’s all about feeding your body rather than filling. That’s what my mum [Geartsje Leistra, a former nurse] always taught me." Her author sister Rens, 31, has certainly taken note — the Netherlands’ answer to Gwyneth Paltrow has launched her own healthy ‘power food’ website.

7777.thumb.jpg.4b7725c8236f687d9fcc54c4f0e13b6a.jpg

Despite her campaigning streak, Kroes knows how to have fun. She takes a wonderfully childish delight in playing dress-up, whether through make-up ("make-up is fun. I really like to see how I transform from having nothing on") or by taking on the role of Amazonian warrior in last year’s DC Comics blockbusters, Wonder Woman and Justice League: roles which Phyllon says make her ‘the coolest mummy in the world’. Socially conscious, environmentally minded — and able to have a laugh? Doutzen Kroes is a very modern superhero.

Shot on location at Cap d’Antibes Beach Hotel, ca-beachhotel.com

Make-up By Val Garland  at Streeters using L’Oréal Paris True Match foundation

Hair by Stephane Lancien at Calliste using L’Oréal Paris Elnett

Photographs By Rory Payne 

Beauty Direction by Rose Beer  

Styled By Jenny Kennedy

standard.co.uk

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/doutzen-kroes-interview-a3904796.html

------------------------------------------------------------

1099.thumb.jpg.d32421638070c9a6b448a3b562b33720.jpg1096.thumb.jpg.a0b5fe78e49508fdd2a332f18069b8f6.jpg

US InStyle September 2018 Digital Edition via TFS member zzzyao76

8 hours ago, DK-fan said:

I think that shoot was a campaign. I don’t think that any magazine has the budget to book a helicopter for Doutzen to catch her flight home

A magazine of the size of US Vogue can easily pay for it. Sarah from Paparazzi in an interview said they don't pay for the shoot very well, less than $200 for model, but the treatment (hotel, locomotion) they receive changes as the model consolidates in the career, Doutzen may have demanded that's because of the urgency to catch the flight!

But we aren't sure of anything, surely there is the possibility of having been a campaign. The question is: for which brand? This season almost all the campaigns have already been outed!

She's on vacation in Portugal & after that she's probably going to film Wonder Woman 2 

Between the end of August and whole month of September filming on location, Gran Canaria

Probably 0 shows this season :(

Fashion Week Schedule:

NEW YORK September 6 - 14

LONDON September 14 - 18

MILAN September 19 - 25

PARIS September 25 - October 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doutzen walked shows for:

Alberta Ferretti, Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Alexander McQueen, Anna Molinari, Anna Sui, Antonio Berardi, Badgley Mischka, Bahar Korcan, Balmain, BCBG Max Azria, Belstaff, Bill Blass, Bjorn Borg, Blumarine, Body Gear, Bottega Veneta, Byblos, Carlos Miele, Carolina Herrera, Chaiken, C&A, Christian Dior, Christian Lacroix, Cynthia Steffe, Dirk Bikkembergs, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan, Doo.Ri, Dsquared2, Emanuel Ungaro, Emilio Pucci, Erreuno, Etro, Exte, Fendi, Gai Mattiolo, Giles Deacon, Givenchy, Gucci, Habitual, Hugo Boss, Hussein Chalayan, Isaac Mizrahi, Isabel Marant, Jackie Rogers, Jean Paul Gaultier, John Galliano, Karl Lagerfeld, Krizia, Lanvin, Lloyd Klein, Loewe, L'Oréal, Louis Vuitton, Luella Bartley, Malo, Max Mara, Michael Kors, Mugler, Miss Sixty, Missoni, Miu Miu, Nicole Miller, Nina Ricci, Oscar De La Renta, Paco Rabanne, Pierrot, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sebastian Pons, Sonia Rykiel, Sportmax, Sophia Kokosalaki, Stella McCartney, Tamsen, Tommy Hilfiger, Valentino, Valentin Yudashkin, Versace, Victoria's Secret, Viktor & Rolf, Wunderkind, Yves Saint Laurent, Zac Posen, Zang Toi.

She has been the face of brands like: 

7 For All Mankind, Abercrombie & Fitch, Ankara Shopping Fest, Balmain, Bloomingdales, Blumarine, Bruno Magli, Calvin Klein, C&A, De Beers, Dolce & Gabbana, Eblin, Emilio Pucci, Epoca, Equipment, Escada, Fifth House, Freemans, G2000, GAP, Gianfranco Ferre, Gucci, Guerlain, H&M, Hugo Boss, Hunkemöller, La Senza, Le Souk, Liverpool Fashion Fest, L'Oréal, Massimo Dutti, Mercedes-Benz, Mexx, Miu Miu, MOAM, Mugler, Neiman Marcus, Next, Peek & Cloppenburg, Piaget, Pronovias, Repeat Cashmere, RMK, Samsung NL, Saks Fifth Avenue, Scapa, Schwarzkopf, Stuart Weitzman, Tiffany & Co, Time, Tommy Hilfiger, Valentino, Versace, Victoria's Secret, Zara, Zeki Triko.

They must pay her very well then... Even more to give up work as a model, because she does not even explore the visibility that the movie could give her.

I hope that by the end of the year at least we have more covers, since the campaign is difficult... I'm going to flood Max Mara's Ian Instagram for her to get the resort campaign!

WSJ September 2018 cover

2140309060_WSJMgazineseptember20183.thumb.jpg.1989c0e136c97191fce25da00fffb6d3.jpg

Photography by Inez & Vinoodh 

Hair by Ward Stegerhoek

Styled by George Cortina

Models Carolyn Murphy, Karlie Kloss & Doutzen Kroes

WSJ "THE PERFECT 10" by Andrew Goldman

THE IDEA WAS simple: To celebrate its 10th anniversary, WSJ. Magazine would feature 10 of the world’s top models, photographed by the enigmatic duo Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. Over the course of two mornings in July, following months of intense scheduling by WSJ.’s contributing casting editor Piergiorgio Del Moro, 10 models spanning ages and backgrounds walk, one by one, through the door of Manhattan’s Pier59 Studios.

Kroes, the 33-year-old mother of two young kids with DJ Sunnery James, has a more complicated relationship with social media now that Instagram is considered a model’s de facto portfolio. “It’s hard to find that balance of not sharing too much of yourself or making it a family album, but also keeping it professional,” Kroes says. “It’s always a whole discussion with my agents, like how do we do this?” Kroes has no lack of projects to post about. Not only did she demonstrate fierce bow-and-arrow work as Amazon warrior Venelia in Wonder Woman and Justice League, she also rallied model friends, including Christy Turlington, Linda Evangelista and Naomi Campbell, to sit for her #KnotOnMyPlanet photo campaign in support of the Elephant Crisis Fund.

1502864572_WSJMgazineseptember201823.thumb.jpg.23fc6e96dc0c4664ed2f63473d721b72.jpg854760684_WSJMgazineseptember201824.thumb.jpg.1fc4b313ede7ee0924aa1d2e35ed84d8.jpg

wsj.com

Amazing timeless photos & she looks stunning on the cover! I am in love with this shoot! 💘

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WSJ released 5 covers with different models like Imaan Hammam, Anna Ewers & Andreea D. 

After this photoshoot she took the helicopter to catch her flight