Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Does Doutzen still have her apartment in NY? I mean she seems to be spending most of her time in Europe now that her VS contract is over... I wouldn't be surprised if she sold it and moved to Amsterdam to be closer to her family :)

I'd imagine she'll still keep her New York apartment for work from time to time since it was featured in her recent NL Vogue special. It does seem like Amsterdam is now more of a permanent basis for her now. It's definitely closer for her to do her other projects like L'Oreal and Repeat. Let's see what other new opportunities come.

I hope she's in for Paris fashion week. It's amazing that she has still yet to walk for Chanel. I'm hoping since Karl randomly called her up for Fendi, it'll mean she gets walk for the other house he's designing for.

Interview with Doutzen's mother Geartsje from VogueNL

Specially for Doutzens 30th birthday her nearest and dearest tell exclusive to Vogue about the special connection they have with her, including Doutzen's mother Geartsje.

Until her eighteenth Doutzen lived with her parents in a country house in the Frisian town Eastermar. Geartsje mother is a nurse and works as a teacher. Rule-moderate Doutzen still staying at home.

"Doutzen secretly had some photos sent to Paparazzi Models. If I had known, there were of course been all kinds of "buts". When she was invited for a test shoot, I went along. It was quite strange to see people with a tape measure at the hips of my daughter. The modeling world is very different from the Frisian village where she grew up. But I've always let Doutzen make her own choices. I see it this way, as a parent you accompany your child, after that you have to give her the freedom to explore the world.

Of course it worried me. I thought she was going to Milan or Paris, but she went straight to New York. Occasionally flashed the image in my head beyond: a child of eighteen with a modelingbook under her arm, trudging to castings through the busy streets of a metropolis. She had a lot of nostalgia in the beginning. We called almost every day. "I want to go home," she sometimes cried. Then I said: "There is always a place for you here. Decide for yourself if that is what you want. "

Those first years in New York were difficult for her, but she did not give up. Doutzen is a whole-hogger, she was as a child. Hard for herself also. I remember when she was sixteen and had a boyfriend, Eddie, in a village 25KM away. "I'm going to run to Eddie," she said one day, pulled her sneakers and walked the half marathon. She was a tomboy, very physical. With seven months she crawled out of the box by itself, the stairs and she was to my great surprise behind me. With nine months she could walk. In everything she did she was fanatically: speed skating, netball. Doutzen like to win. She was always a bellwether, a real leader. She also wanted to experience everything; life is quickly boring.

When her career took off, she was in her early twenties, she called me once crying (emotion). She had a shoot on a Bounty Island in a beautiful house: fluttering curtains, overlooking an azure blue ocean. She cried, not of sorrow but because she almost could not believe that she could experience. Why me?, she thought. But that day, on that island she has turned a knob. "If I can not enjoy here," she said, "I better stop." I think Doutzen then discovered the pleasure in her work.

Doutzen has a strong intuition, if a job does not feel good, she will not do it, how lucrative too. Together with Sarah and Mo, it forms a top team. They have made the right choices in defining her career.

"I'm not getting a normal regular life when I'm older," said Doutzen often when she was eight years old. When she dreamed of a secluded cabin in the woods. I'm sure the glamorous life she has now, has never proposed. But it suits her. In the woods she would miss the city, as they are in town nature can miss. Finding balance is difficult, Doutzen is a constant battle.

If Doutzen is in Friesland, we have quiet days where everyone does their own thing in the house until we come together at the dinner table. We love to philosophize with a glass of wine and a cheese. If Doutzen is with me, we are just back being mother and daughter. The fame or her success did not change that. 

Has anyone bothered to post the new repeat pictures? I don't believe I've seen them yet

Yes already posted

--------------------------

These beauty shots from a old shoot with photographer Marko Dashev I believe I have not seen before

post-16474-0-1446079114-74591_thumb.jpg post-16474-0-1446079114-79078_thumb.jpg post-16474-0-1446079114-80731_thumb.jpg 

www.markodashev.com

BTW maybe someone knows where the shoot was for? According his Instagram account it shows hastags like #H&M & #Loreal & #Voguemagazine

I remember this shoot was all about lingerie or swimwear

Doutzen Kroes and her children Phyllon Joy Gorré, Myllena Mae Gorré on a terrace in Amsterdam. (March 7, 2015)
ishootpeople Ferry de Kok

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOF26AkiTA

this kind of stalking is a complete lack of respect for Doutzen and her family and shouldn't be posted here IMO

^ Yeah her skin is getting older indeed... but she's stil beautiful :wub2: and everyone gets older you know it's part of life. Maybe she should get some naturel treatments or something :idk: enough options i believe besides botox or something like that, i hate that, i love her the most naturel, that includes wrinkles :heart: overal i prefer natural with everybody. But yeah she should do something like those special treatments like special massages and stuff, i think it would definitly would help a bit and slows down the progress

Thanks for the updates all :heythere:

She's a mother of two compared to Lily. Doutzen just entered her 30s, she looks absolutely fine and beautiful as she matures. Nothing wrong with that. I'd rather see her with age gracefully like Paulina Porizkova.

She looked great at the Galaxy event. Like her dress

I and many more people rather look at Doutzen having a flawless + almost wrinklefree skin instead of wrinkles... she will have a timeless carreer as model with a tight skin without using much photoshop on the skin.

Just like Christy, Adriana, Gisele, Elle Macpherson etc..all 35+ and having flawless tight skin without using botox... I think they are using Laser to make the skin more youthfull just like perhaps Alessandra does (her skin is looking flawless lately) & Khloe Kardashian also using laser for her skin instead of botox.

---------------------

So cute from Candice! I see the same ears as Doutzen :)

Very curious if her eyes are still blue

---------------------

BTW she was not walking the Givenchy show tonight

Fingers crossed for Chanel :p

Hopefully she was not just in Paris for that Samsung S6 event