Bellazon

Doutzen Kroes
Thumbnail

azkid

Doutzen Kroes Returns to the Runway! A Moment with the Supermodel Backstage at Fendi

post-16474-0-1446079082-09711_thumb.jpg

Today’s Fendi show provided Milan’s first supermodel sighting—in the form of Doutzen Kroes. “Karl [Lagerfeld] asked me to come and, well, of course, it was an honor,” said the Dutch beauty, who was looking remarkably fresh-faced and healthy backstage, despite the early arrival time. “I flew in from Holland last night for the fitting,” she continued. “When Karl calls, you say yes!”

post-16474-0-1446079082-11348_thumb.jpg

Wearing leather leggings and a pale blue tee, Kroes, who gave birth to her second child this past fall, was looking remarkably fit—the result, she says, of regular Ballet Beautiful sessions—as she sank into the makeup chair. Once seated, makeup artist Peter Philips painted on a “rough brushstroked” smudge of Diorshow Art Pen along the lashes, which he was adapting slightly to suit each model’s eye shape, for an off-kilter, graphic effect.

Hairstylist Sam McKnight blasted her signature waves with Oribe texturizing spray next, then pinned them up into an easy half-twist half-ponytail. “The collection is architectural—so we wanted to offset that a bit,” he said of leaving wispy bits free around the face. “This isn’t the kind of woman who cares too much about her hair anyway.” Before stepping onto the runway, each of Lagerfeld’s models was fit with a slim leather headband, which, in Kroes’ case, arrived in a cool shade of cream that matched her show-opening statement coat—and offered up the chicest second day hair strategy of season yet.

Vogue.com

Catch Fashion One's exclusive designer's interview with womenswear creative director Karl Lagerfeld, menswear creative director Silvia Venturini Fendi and CEO Pietro Fendi as they present the AW 2015 collection for the Fendi during Milan Fashion Week. The collection is inspired by the architecture of the Palazzo della Civiltà Italiana, interpreted in hard, beaky bird-of-paradise flower embellishments, oversized padded pieces and prints. Fall inlove with the catwalk lined-up with enourmous abstracts from the early-20th-century Swiss artist Sophie Taeuber-Arp as models strut with full-skirted flare, tabard tops, clutches, voluminous coats, strapless dresses and sleeveless silhouettes. The runway is opened by Doutzen Kroes and closed by Lindsey Wixson

fashion one

vogue.de & fashionweekdaily & eonline 

post-16474-0-1446079096-67578_thumb.jpg post-16474-0-1446079096-68216_thumb.jpg post-16474-0-1446079096-70876_thumb.jpg

We’ve seen a lot of new faces this season (Isabella Emmack, Astrid Holler, and Stella Lucia, to name just three), but at Fendi, Karl Lagerfeld sent quite a few established models down the house’s lengthy Fall ’15 catwalk. On the same day the Victoria’s Secret Swim Special aired on television, Angels Doutzen Kroes and Karlie Kloss were present, alongside Joan Smalls and Lily Donaldson. Kroes, who opened the show, returned to Milan after a 12-year absence. It was also a homecoming for Kloss, who’s skipped the fashion city on the circuit the past few seasons. And in light of both Kroes and Kloss hanging up their wings with the lingerie giant, perhaps this trip down the runway offers not only a blast from the past, but marks the beginning of a new chapter as well. Here, the supers speak about making it back to Milan and their favorite places to eat pasta.

DOUTZEN KROES

When was the last time you walked Fendi?

This will make me sound really old—12 years, I think. (lol ...last time was S/S 2006... 9.5 years ago)

Are you excited to open the show?

Very excited. First of all, I’m just excited to be here, and that Karl asked me to be part of it is a big honor. And to open is a big treat. 

Were you expecting to get that call from Karl?

No! It was very out of the blue. I’ve been really focused on my family and being home a lot. I’ve been really busy in Europe—I’ve been in Stockholm a lot, Paris…we’ve been based in Amsterdam, so it was easy to come over here.

How does it feel to be back in Milan?

It brings back so many memories. I came with my agent, Sarah [Keller], 12 years ago, but I appreciate it so much more now. Then, I was tired and we were late to fittings, and now I just appreciate being here and being part of the show. I think when you’re young, you don’t appreciate these things as much as when you’re older. And the good food in Italy, you know?

What is your favorite restaurant in Milan?

I actually went to a really good osteria last night.

What do you order?

I had carpaccio sea bass and arugula with veal. And I love simple pasta, like penne.

It’s a long runway, so you’ll just burn it all off.

I know! That’s what Lindsey [Wixson] was saying. She said: “This is how they keep us skinny!”

How does it feel to walk that long of a runway?

I actually like to have the long, simple runway. Sometimes it can be nice, [as opposed to] the turns and very complicated things. I think for me, the classic runway is my favorite.

style.com