Bellazon

Big Fat Gypsy Weddings

PinkCouture

Big Fat Gypsy Weddings is a British documentary series produced by Firecracker Films for Channel 4, looking at the world of gypsies and travellers in Britain today. First broadcast in February 2010 as a one-off called My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, and part of the Cutting Edge series, a second series of 5 episodes was commissioned and began in January 2011

Source: wikipedia

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes! I've seen 2 episodes. On the British version I don't see the men being complete assholes to women but I saw that on the American version. This guy was a total asshole towards his wife at their own wedding. And the other episode I watched featured a woman who had been beaten by her husband.

I just watched the first episode. It is bad enough to propose to someone w/ a ring pop, but a cartoon image of a ring pop sent via picture messaging? REALLY...WTF!?! :blink:

Anyways, the show is definitely white trash redefined smily%20new%20one.gif A total entertaining hot mess!!! (Y)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
TLC Renews 'My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding,' Sets Reunion Special, Potential Spinoff

TLC is expanding its relationship with gypsies. Ahead of Friday's first-year finale, the cable network has renewed My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding for a second season, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively. In addition, the network has set two specials from the series including a reunion episode and a potential spinoff revolving around the show's popular sisters.

My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding: The Stanley Sisters, which will air July 1 at 9 p.m., will revolve around Nettie, Mellie, Kayla and Laura, who have been featured prominently throughout the first season of the series. The focus in the hourlong special will explore the sisters' family dynamics. Should the special perform well, it will serve as a back-door pilot for a potential spinoff of the flagship effort. In addition, TLC has set a reunion special, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding: The Aftermath, to air immediately after the Stanley Sisters at 10 p.m. July 1. The reunion will feature the most outspoken members of the gypsy community with updates on their lives since being featured on the series.

My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, produced by Firecracker Films for TLC, has averaged 1.6 million viewers to date for the network. Peacock Productions will produce the reunion special for the cabler. The season finale of American Gypsy Wedding airs Sunday, June 17 at 10 p.m. on TLC. Check out an exclusive clip from The Stanley Sisters special, below.

Video: http://www.hollywood...-renewed-337273

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

From tlc.com...

The "Gypsy Sisters" You Know and Love Are Back

01/14/2013

Who could forget the slap heard 'round the world from last summer's most viral (and violent!) video?

If you've been wondering what happened to Mellie, the self-proclaimed black sheep of the Stanley family, wonder no more! She's back -- along with big sis Nettie, cousin Kayla and sister-in-law Laura. The women make up the rowdy ensemble of Gypsy Sisters, premiering Feb. 10.

Wild and wonderful West Virginia is the setting for the blinged-out brouhaha. Mother hen Nettie is keeping a close eye on Mellie, whose behavior lately has been anything but proper for a young, single gypsy woman. Mellie's making a living and searching for love. Meanwhile, Kayla's house is a nonstop circus since she's taken in Laura's family.

When the four women get together -- whether it's for a little fun or for some serious family business -- the fists come out. Grab your bleach and your tightest dress. You're going to want to look good for this premiere. Watch the sneak peek below!

Gypsy Sisters starts Sunday, February 10 9|8c.