Bellazon

Victoria Lee
Thumbnail

Victoria Lee Reveals How She's Preparing For The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Australia's new VS model is one to watch - by Isabelle Truman

Ask any model what their career dream is and you can almost guarantee that walking in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show will make the list. 

It is the biggest runway show in the world, famed for catapulting models such as Miranda Kerr and Gisele to supermodel status, after all.

This year, 27-year-old New South Wales-born beauty Victoria Lee was confirmed to walk the show, set in Shanghai, China alongside fellow Aussie Kelly Gale and Kiwi Georgia Fowler.

We sat down to chat with the NYC-based beauty about how she's preparing for the show, her day on a plate and all her beauty secrets.

How did it feel when you were told you were walking the 2017 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?

At first disbelief and shock. It took a while to sink in. Then elation, joy and lots of excitement as I’ve been working hard towards this goal!

Has VS always been a dream of yours?

Yes, for sure. Walking for Victoria’s Secret is something that has always been an aspiration of mine.

Had you auditioned before?

Yes, three times. I think this really helped because when I was going into this last audition I was more familiar with the process and knew what was expected of me. This all helped my mental preparation too, which is 90% of the battle!

What is your favourite exercise?

I love dancing, I train at Body By Simone and my favourite part is the end of class where they dim the lights and the music is great and you just dance and have a good time. You forget you’re getting a great workout.

How often do you work out and what would you do most frequently?

I aim for 6 days a week, but this varies depending on my schedule and how I’m feeling. Most frequently it’s a full body or dance cardio class at Body By Simone.

What does your day on a plate look like? Is there anything you’ll cut in the lead up to the show?

My day on a plate is fairly consistent especially when I’m working or know I have a shoot coming up.

Breakfast: I love eggs, especially poached or simply boiled with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. I’ll have two with avocado, greens and whatever veggies I have in the fridge. If I’m in a rush it’s a chocolate protein shake with egg white or plant-based protein powder. I’ll add some almond butter, banana and some oats if I need an extra boost of energy.

Lunch and dinner are similar in that the focus is on protein, greens and healthy fats. Either chicken, fish, tofu, eggs (eggs are great any time of the day) or maybe shellfish. I’ll make a salad, steam or stir-fry veggies and add a home-made dressing, avocado, nuts and/or seeds. I’ll add quality carbohydrates to any of my meals if I feel like it, mainly quinoa, brown rice or buckwheat.

Ahead of the show, I’ve reduced my sugar intake. Fruit is something I've cut back slightly on, and no processed foods.

Do you stick to any particular diet?
No, I’ve always had a healthy lifestyle and know what works best for my body - I stick to protein, veggies, healthy fats and quality carbohydrates. In saying that, I will listen to my body. If I’m craving something or need more energy, I’ll have it.

How often do you get back to Australia to see your family and friends?

As often as I can! If I’m home for work I will always try to fly home for a visit. I was home in October to be a bridesmaid for one of my oldest friends which was wonderful.

Do you have any single beauty product you really swear by?

I’ve just started using a face oil in the morning and it’s amazing. I use Stress Check Face Oil by This Works. I use it very sparingly, only 2-3 drops in the morning. I find it locks in moisture, provides a protective barrier, calms any blemishes and gives a great glow.

What’s your daily skincare regime like? 

My skin regime changes up and depending on the weather and how my skin is feeling. Generally, first thing in the morning I splash cold water on my face and press Stress Check Face Oil onto my skin.
Later, I’ll shower and if I feel my skin needs it, I’ll cleanse with asap Daily Facial Cleanser. I don’t want to be constantly stripping the natural oils from my skin, so if I don’t feel it needs it, I’ll just use water in the morning.

I then spray ‘People for Plants Mist Toner’ and apply my moisturiser; asap Moisturizing Daily Defense SPF 50+. I love that this is SPF50+ and the texture isn’t greasy or heavy. I’ll wait for this to settle before I apply concealer or make-up if I’m wearing it that day.

In the evening, if I’ve been working I remove any make-up with Bioderma Sensibo H20, I then cleanse lightly to remove any remaining make-up or dirt. If I haven’t been working I’ll cleanse and gently exfoliate with asap Daily Exfoliating Facial Scrub. I’m aware exfoliating too often isn’t good for your skin, however, with the pollution and debris that my skin is often exposed to in New York, I find it’s necessary.

Out of the shower, I tone and apply a little Skin Design London Ultra C Glow Antioxidant Serum onto any redness or blemish that might be there. I’ll then apply Bare Minerals Butter Drench Restorative Rich Cream to the rest of my face and a lip balm, just a simple Nivea. In winter, I notice my skin needs a little extra TLC, so I’ll add Dr Hauschka Night Serum underneath my moisturiser.

Which Victoria’s Secret Angel do you most look up to and why?

Even though technically she isn’t an Angel anymore - Doutzen Kroes. I admire her beauty, confidence and kind personality. And find her career and philanthropic activities a real inspiration.

marieclaire.com.au

Model Victoria Lee shares her day on a plate ahead of the 2017 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Here, Australian model, Victoria Lee – who is set to walk her first ever Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in Shanghai just next week – shares her health hacks and what she's eating ahead of the big day.

While genetically blessed, it’s no secret that the Victoria’s Secret models balance a healthy lifestyle when it comes to eating nutritional wholesome foods and exercising regularly. 

While cheat meals are always on the cards, with less than a week out of lingerie’s biggest show of the year, Victoria Lee – who has been tapped to walk in the show for her first ever show – shares with us how she’s prepping her plate to keep her skin glowing, her hair glossy and nourish her body at the same time.

“Hydration is very important in general,” Lee shares. “I am constantly drinking water. In the morning I have a big glass, followed by another with a splash of apple cider vinegar and lemon to get my digestive system going,” she continues. 

When it comes to working out, Lee shares, “I like to work out on an empty stomach – I’ll just make a coffee and head out the door.” 

“If my workout is later in the morning, I’ll have a tablespoon of almond butter and a banana on some porridge with almonds for a quick energy hit,” Lee says. 

Following her workout, Lee shares, “I’ll have a protein shake.” 

She continues, “Whey protein doesn’t agree with me so I’ll have egg whites or a plant-based protein powder. I’ll mix this with ice and water or almond milk.”

“If I’m extra hungry I’ll add banana and nut butter. If I’m not in a rush, I love eggs. I’ll poach, scramble or boil them and have two with avocado and some sautéed spinach and mushrooms,” Lee shares.

“Both of these options keep me full and energised all morning,” she confirms. 

“I’ll probably have another coffee around 11:00 – 11:30am, but I try to avoid snacking – I find I mainly do this because I’m bored.” 

For lunch, Lee says, “It depends on where I am, but always involves protein, healthy fats and vegetables.” 

She continues, “I never get tired of this because there are so many options. I’m not vegan or vegetarian but I do reduce my red meat consumption because I can find it a bit heavy.”

“I switch it up between fish, prawns, chicken, tofu, edamame and eggs and load up on vegetables and greens. I love all veggies, so it’s open season,” Lee says. 

And when it comes to healthy fats, “I’ll add avocado and nuts,” she says. “If I’m at home I’ll make my own dressing with olive oil, fresh herbs, lemon juice, mustard or whatever I have in the cupboard, really!” 

“Dinner is the same idea: protein, veggies and healthy fats. I do love to cook but convenience is a big factor for me,” Lee says. “After a long day, I want something quick, simple and nourishing. I will often whip up a quick stir-fry or steamed veggies with baked salmon or poached chicken.”

Adding, “I like to eat by 8pm to not disrupt my sleep – this also means I have time to call my family and just wind down and relax.” 

When it comes to supplements, Lee says, “I take a multivitamin, probiotic, magnesium and Vitamin D table throughout the day to keep my immune system in top shape.”

“In saying the above,” Lee shares, “I will always listen to my body if I am feeling hungry or need more energy, a rest da or an extra 20 minute sleep, I’ll listen”.

“I want to nourish and look after my body to enable it to perform at its best and not become run down or injured,” Lee says. “I make sure I get at least seven and a half to eight hours sleep every night and try to take time out during the say to breathe and quiet my mind.” Lee continues, “Balance is my main focus on the lead up to the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show – to have fun, enjoy the preparation and the whole experience.” 

vogue.com.au

1235614-1_og.jpg

1235610-1_og.jpg 1235611-1_og.jpg 1235612-1_og.jpg 1235613-1_og.jpg

Victoria Lee’s secret is out

By Damien Woolnough

6 hours ago

Tonight Australian model Victoria Lee will step towards stardom in Shanghai, following in the footsteps of Miranda Kerr and Jessica Hart on the Victoria’s Secret runway.

The 26-year-old from the small NSW town of Narrandera has been preparing for the spotlight for 10 years and shares her excitement with 9 Style.

What do you think Victoria’s Secret casting directors look for?

It’s a different casting process because you have an opportunity to be yourself. So it’s important to let that shine through - which is challenging when you’re a bit nervous!

I think they look for someone who is comfortable and confident in their own skin, who’s personality can shine through despite the nerves, who is having fun and engaging. Someone they believe can represent the Victoria’s Secret brand.

What was your attitude on the day?

Just have fun and relax. Be myself and be honest with how excited I was to be standing there. Ultimately I knew I had done all that I could do prior to the casting, so, anything beyond that point I had no control over. If it didn’t happen it wasn’t meant to be, and I would have been ok with that. 

Why did you want to do it?

I love how Victoria’s Secret embrace their models for their personalities as much as their physical appearance. Who you are as a person is just as important. You are encouraged to be yourself and bring your own unique quality to the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and also it looks like so much fun!

What has been the highlight of your modeling career so far?

I have been so fortunate to have had a consistent career so far and I appreciate just to be working! A definite highlight would be working with incredible photographers like Arthur Elgort and Patrick Demarchelier.

But shooting the Seafolly campaign was incredible, and a real pinch me moment. I remember seeing those campaigns growing up and they were so beautiful and made me want to be this Aussie beach babe (even though I was a 6 hour drive from the beach!)

Any lowlights?

Being away from family and home took a very long time to get used to. Thank fully I have a fantastic support network of family, friends and agents. I wouldn’t be here without them.

What is the best advice you’ve been given to succeed?

Simple -always strive to do your best, that’s all you can do. 

How have you been preparing for the show?

I’ve strived to have as balanced approach as possible. While I have always have a healthy lifestyle, I amped up my exercise regime and treats became scarce (sadly!). I also made sure I scheduled in recovery and rest days, focused on getting enough sleep. Taking a moment in the morning to calm my mind and just remind myself to enjoy the experience. 

The VS show brings plenty of extra attention. How will you cope with that?

I’m just taking each day as it comes, I am so excited and feel very honored to be in the position I am, so I’m just enjoying the experience. As I mentioned, having an amazing support network which is a big help!  

Do you have any lucky charms you’ll be taking to Shanghai with you?

I have small pieces of jewellery that belonged to my family which I always wear. My Nan also just gave me a little stuffed elephant for my birthday, so I’ll be bringing that!

style.nine.com.au