Bellazon

News & General Discussion

Capt Snow

• 2 weeks later...

^yeah, that was in response to nothingless' (aka anabeatrizfan on twitter) request for confirmation...really awesome. many of ana's tweets so far are re-tweets of nothingless' tweets, lol. nice job Sasha and yayyyyy for the rest of us!!! :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ana's shooting the 30-year-anniversary campaign for the famous Rio Sul mall (http://www.riosul.com.br/)!

Translated:

Luiza Brunet shooting today, along with the top Ana Beatriz Barros and new face Katia Selinger, the campaign of 30 years of the Shopping Rio Sul Because of bad weather, plans for an outdoor test were shattered and the beautiful spend the day in the studio. The trio represents three generations of fashion and is posing with looks that refer to what was in fashion 80 years, 90 and 2000.

source: http://odia.terra.com.br/portal/diversaoet...eira_69699.html

Ana has a small interview in Glamour Holland, April 2010! I took some quick snaps:

nxs-IMG_4991.jpg nxs-IMG_4992.jpg

source: my mom's camera :)

And here's my translation of the little interview:

Viva Ana Beatriz!

She's the lead in the new Replay campaign and walked the show for the jeans brand in our country. Five questions for the Brazilian Ana Beatriz Barros.

What is the most special moment in your career?

"My meeting with John Galliano during my very first catwalk show. I was very inexperienced and totally overwhelmed to meet such a fashion giant in real life."

Do you have any tips for us to walk full of confidence too?

"Be proud of yourself. If you're wearing something you feel good in, you radiate that and are more confident."

Who do you admire in model-land?

"Gisele Bundchen. In spite of her success, she has kept both feet on the ground."

What is your beauty secret?

"I put on sunscreen lotion every day, groom my eyebrows with hairspray, exercise three times a week, and eat as healthy as possible. But I do sometimes order a hamburger too though, haha!"

What does fashion mean to you?

"It is a way to show my personality to the rest of the world. I can't imagine a life without fashion, it's part of my identity."

translated by me :flower:

an interview shooting 30 years Rio Sul.

interview with Ana

Translation of the interview

Top International, Ana Beatriz Barros is a symbol of success within and outside of Brazil. She was chosen to represent the present of the campaign, but the blonde pays reverence to the past. "I was mad when I saw Luiza Brunet on the set. For me it's an honor to be at her side. “The model made other revelations: she wants to become a manager and have her own brand, she plans to start a family, be a mother, and she confesses that she doesn’t want to move on to television. "I'm living the peak of my career."

You have been working more often in Brazil and in Rio, right?

It’s true. I have been living outside of the country for eleven years, but now I'm circling more around here. Especially because my boyfriend lives in Rio and he is a businessman called Roberto (she refers to Roberto Marinho Neto). When I am in Rio I like to take a walk, I go to the RioSul quite often, did you know? (laughs)

You go to the mall?

Yes I do, do you believe it? People look at me, but I do not care, I keep walking. I like to walk through the corridors, dining in restaurants and, of course, do a little shopping most of the time. I am a woman, right? For sure.

And what do you like to do when you are not working?

I like to watch movies and when I have free time I watch four DVDs in a row. I also love riding horses, I do well since little. What is hard to believe is I also like traveling and see other cultures, although my job requires me to turn the world inside of an airplane. And whenever I can I'm with my family. Without them nothing of this would have been possible, because it is very difficult. From them comes my dream to start a family. But not for now! After that I am going to say that I'm pregnant ... (laughs). I always wanted to have four children, but I changed my mind. I think today it would be crazy to have four children, now I would be happy with two.

In relation to fashion, what do you think will turn a hit next season?

From the catwalk and editorials that I did out there, I saw a lot of leather: dresses, skirts, jackets. I also noticed a strong use of fluorescent colors in gloves and makeup. So what will dominate the looks is a mixture of black leather and vibrant colors. I always buy miniskirts and invest in heels, which is the repertoire of the group of fashion. I just did a job with John Galliano, which to me is genius, I love everything he does. I also saw romantic pieces, fine dresses.

The future worries you in any way?

It doesn’t worry me, because I have plans. I want to go to college and study marketing, open my own business and I want to have nothing to do with television: neither be a presenter nor an actress. I can not reconcile a career with university lectures for now, so this project must wait for another four years. I don’t intend to drop fashion for now. Take the example of Luiza and how she managed to reconcile her dreams. My idea is to open a brand and a beauty clinic with my sisters Patricia and Maria Luiza, who is a dermatologist. There are dreams and those dreams are possible. I've never been so well in my career, I think I'm at the peak, I also feel good about my relationship ... So far everything is excellent and if it would improve, it would maybe only become worse.

Yeah - I don't think anything ever came of the project. It was announced, and then nothing! I'm kinda glad Ana isn't doing it though, such things can SO easily turn into an embarrassing disaster. :/ I'd just be so worried it wouldn't turn out as good as she'd want it to!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure! Don't get your hopes up too much though - someone at TFS said Vogue Russia was shooting one-pagers on all the major NY modeling agencies, and that they thought this might be for that, since all 4 are Elite girls. But hopefully we'll see soon!