Bellazon

Frida Aasen
Thumbnail

sarnic

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Naomison2 said:

I would say no because Numero Russia has absolutely zero effect or influence on the war. It’s just an extension of the French magazine. 

Perhaps, but Frida could show her solidarity with the Ukrainian people by refusing to be in the magazine. She has influence and should be using it wherever possible, especially as people in Russia seem to be receiving very different information from those outside Russia. She's being criticized for it on her Instagram page. To her credit she's responding to the critics but claiming that this is merely the Russian version of a French magazine. I would argue that every little protest and action counts. 

21 minutes ago, modelsfan said:

Perhaps, but Frida could show her solidarity with the Ukrainian people by refusing to be in the magazine. She has influence and should be using it wherever possible, especially as people in Russia seem to be receiving very different information from those outside Russia. She's being criticized for it on her Instagram page. To her credit she's responding to the critics but claiming that this is merely the Russian version of a French magazine. I would argue that every little protest and action counts. 

I understand that viewpoint but I still think criticism against her is unwarranted. Numero Russia is a French fashion magazine. I believe at this time it’s important to not aim hate at everything just because of Word association but rather it should be focused on the parties responsible.

2 hours ago, Naomison2 said:

I understand that viewpoint but I still think criticism against her is unwarranted. Numero Russia is a French fashion magazine. I believe at this time it’s important to not aim hate at everything just because of Word association but rather it should be focused on the parties responsible.

Much depends on her contract for modeling. She may not have the ability to cancel which publications carry her pictures. Usually models do not have this power. It is up to her management agency.