Bellazon

Charlotte Free
Thumbnail

Baby.Jude9

A Stylists' dream come true

The other day was by far one of my best New York moments. I was fortunate enough to have the rad opportunity to help out for the Stussy Fall/Winter ad. The model Charlotte Free from IMG models is one of my new favorite models so I was super excited to help style her amazing hair. The shoot was for their upcomming line and the theme was St. Marks Place. Think grunge punk East Village with a model twist. Many thanks to my girl Aut for letting me join her as long as showing me the ropes. Photographer Ben Rayner was really cool, stylist Vallisa Yoe had the perfect touch and along with the awesome crew.

6761cdb0370f4ba9aa36a8d.jpg

d565752f548146769b5b4a9.jpg

5149303b93894b0fbd8ef5c.jpg

4f48c78077b9431ebfaf893.jpg

7317edb432fe4f27b5f6645.jpg

6bd40c7c23d64984a688418.jpg

80cf95e21a554494933c1b8.jpg

Charlotte was a down to earth girl with such good energy, I can't believe that I got to work with her and the rest of the crew considering I was just obsessing over her in a previous blog entry! It was such a pleasure to work with all these people, just a lovely glimpse at what is ahead! SO wish I could post more photos but I can't give away the line! Final photos will be up when the ad goes to print I cannot wait!

Charlotte Free: New Girl in Town, the new Kate Moss?

neoncharlottefree1.jpg

You know that new girl in class who everyone talks about because something about her is just...different?

Five foot, seven inches and pink hair are not exactly the typical formula for a budding high fashion model. Editorials? Maybe. Ad campaigns? Sure. But this 18-year old California girl shook up the runways this season with a bang. One minute she is playing Bust a Move in an arcade and the next minute she is signed with IMG Models, the same agency that represents another five foot, seven beauty; Kate Moss. Charlotte Free made her first catwalk debut at Richard Chai's A/W 2011 show, and since then she's walked for Vivienne Westwood, Manish Arora and Topshop Unique. Jeremy Scott even declared her as his new muse.

And if you're thinking it's all just hair, Charlotte's youthful, energetic personality definitely shows through backstage shots. Sure, she may be more attitude and punk than an elegant gazelle, but the runway certainly is more fun with a little bit of color, even if it's just the manic panic kind.

SEW COOL

Richard Burbridge is always pushing fashion photography to new heights and his latest story in Dazed & Confused, puts an creative spin on portraiture with help from artist, Maurizio Anzeri. Utilizing Anzeri