Bellazon

World's Greatest Supermodels ranking

Qball

Hey, I came up with this idea in the Cindy Crawford thread... How about making our own Bellazon ranking of the greatest supermodels in history, based on career length, popularity, earned money and overall significance in the modelling business?

Come on people, we can make it!

Just as long as this doesn't turn into a) the supermodel version of DigitalDreamDoor.com or b) automatically elect Adriana Lima as the greatest, I think it's a cool idea. (Y)

Nah, I really think someone like Cindy Crawford should get the first place... I think we should have an open debate, with all opinions being equal.

EDIT: Thanks so much, Dream Angel. I hope this sets a good starting point for further discussions.

Edited by Qball

I think kate moss should be in this top ten list... She's still one of the most on-demand models after so many years, and she was quite big too in her early days... that's just my thought though lol

No lolling here... I was thinking about her, too.

Do you guys know who Linda Evangelista was... She was much bigger than Cindy Crawford, Elle Mc Pherson and amny many others, she is been one of the biggest of all times, I would certainly put her in the top five ever together with Kate Moss, Gisele, These three girls will go down in history as some of the long lasting models who graced most of top fashion magazines covers especially Vogue, and who did most of the biggest fashion designers campaigns.

Super top models are mostly those who have been used by most top fashion designers for both their fashion shows and campaigns, and by top magazines like W, Vogue, Numero, Citizen K, French, Dutch, The Face, Tank, Harper's Bazaar... and this is just to name a few, Linda Evangelista, Kate Moss, Gisele and only few others did it all and for many years. :wave:

That's a great list, happycanadian! Thanks for your time and effort.

:blush:

no problem! i love talking (or i guess writing in this example) about this type of thing!

and i agree beautymaster that Cindy was much more commercial (and only commercial) than The Trinity, or Kate or Gisele....maybe those are the real top 5. . . . but i think that Cindy really set the bar for SUPERmodel though. i mean, maybe she doesn't have the high fashion resume of some other models, but her name is recognized WORLDWIDE, much more than most of the other models.

i'm teaching english in Korea right now, and all of my students know who Cindy Crawford is... most of them vaguely knew Naomi Campbell, but only as "that black model". most of them know Gisele, but that's about it. They don't know Tyra as more than the t.v. host of America's Next Top Model. But Kate, Christy, Linda ... nope.

i'm sorry but... Tyra ? one of the greatest supermodel ever ?? just because she's been the first black model to get 2 covers of vogue and i can't remember which other mag and had contracts with VS and SI ?? Swimsuit models aren't what i call BIG models lol... I didn't know her before i started to be interested in the VS fashion shows... Have she ever done major brands campaigns ?