Bellazon

Marisa Miller
Thumbnail

bar none

Vote for Esquire's Sexiest Woman Alive: Marisa Miller vs. Candice Swanepoel

And now a joke from Marisa. I think this has been posted awhile ago, but it is worth posting it again :p ...

What a woman says: “This place is a mess! C’mon, you and I need to clean up. Your stuff is lying on the floor, and you’ll have no clothes to wear if we don’t do laundry right now!”

What a man hears: “Blah, blah, blah, blah. C’MON, YOU AND I, blah, blah, blah, blah, ON THE FLOOR, blah, blah, blah, blah, NO CLOTHES, blah, blah, blah, blah, RIGHT NOW.”

About the jokester: Way back in November 2006, we named Marisa Miller an “Obscure Woman We Love.” Dozens of Victoria’s Secret modeling jobs and one cover of SI’s swimsuit issue later, the 29-year-old Santa Cruz native is significantly less obscure. She now has the liberty to do projects that are close to home and heart. Like designing a shoe line for Vans. Her day job is still “model,” however. A healthy, beautiful model. “Since I’m not in high fashion, everybody wants me to have my curves,” she says. Esquire’s new favorite modeling category: low-to-medium fashion.

^ They photoshopped her navel off. :blink:

Yeah b/c if they didn't it would look like there's a spot on the cover and that would look weird :blink: :p

Yep they are pinky! lol thanks hun

U r welcome :flower:

WOW, hot hot hot! I hope there's an editorial.

Me too! Hopefully we will gets scans of it soon...anyone wants to track down the magazine on eBay? :whistle:

Marisa Miller: Looks Aren't a Priority

March 17th, 2010

A mainstay on nearly every "most beautiful" list around, Marisa Miller certainly isn't lacking when it comes to looks - though she doesn't put emphasis on her appearance. Displaying her sexiness during a swimwear beach shoot, the blonde beauty recently explained that her parents raised her to be more of a tomboy rather than a prima donna.

Marisa tells, “Because I did start [modeling] later I had a better idea of who I was and what I wanted. But at the same time, I do think it has almost everything to do with the fact that when my parents raised me and my sisters we were in the country, riding horses and getting muddy. There was just no importance placed on how we looked."

The 31-year-old continues, “I was a tomboy. When I started to get attention for [my appearance], it was really uncomfortable because it wasn’t something that I even knew what to do with. When I started modeling it was kind of cool because it was my job, so I was able to embrace it in a different way. Even now, I put my work hat on and I can do anything, but in my off time, I’m not the girl that wants to be the center of attention.”

Brock and Mbin-

Wanna know something really interesting about that Esquire voting.... Well here is my take. Thursday I ran across the voting thing last week, and Brock was right, Marisa was up 38,000 votes to Candice 22,000 votes... as of last thursday, I went ahead and voted on my homes computer this morning for fun and to my SHOCK, Marisa some how declined in votes??/ Magically.... then I realized that this candice girl did some video promo that esquire sponsored, paid for, or created "just" for Esquire magazine. Seems like someone has a particular motive to have this other girl win... not to mention the votes some how dropped by almost 10,000 in the modpoll.com calculation over friday till now. I mean come on, have some class esquire. Seems like the Iraqi voting system is taking shape in the offices of Esquire. Have some integrity.

But agreed with Mbineri-- let all those Candice chasers, triple click. Not like this the hot 100 or anything or the world's sexy women, it is some wanna be make-shift copycat list. but I thought it was very interesting to see the calculations some how shift backwards for Marisa.... wish I took a screen cap then. Just didn't think I'd have to even write a email outlining such conspiracies....

and note next to her name*****see esquire.com/candice-video

come on, try to make it not look too obvious Esquire!!!! How stupid do you think we all are? :ninja:

^ i dont think they would be sad enough to do that - i will admit im a big candice fan, and yes her doing photo's and a video for them did help. but candice is not very well know...so they featured her instead of marisa miller- as marisa miller is not just a model, but also a celebrity.

agree with both of you...

but the most important thing is what she means to you,right?why care what other people think?

also...the higher someone gets in the ranking the more popular they get. which means the marisa thread would get bombarded with newbies (like me) posting random-repost and answer every new post with a smile and throwing in a "thanks everyone" once in a while...

...and because this page has basically only been text so far...here is 1 VS pic

v283035.jpg

^ i dont think they would be sad enough to do that - i will admit im a big candice fan, and yes her doing photo's and a video for them did help. but candice is not very well know...so they featured her instead of marisa miller- as marisa miller is not just a model, but also a celebrity.

Vanessaaa,

Agreed, the CELEB factor is the case on that one. The Candice promotion is the obvious on this one :drool:

Marisa is more the Icon of that society anyone, not on the practical day to day like the other girls need to be to get "noticed".