Bellazon

Janet Jackson
Thumbnail

Allie

JanetJackson-17.jpg

By Blackglama

New York, NY, August 24, 2011 – Blackglama is pleased to announce that Janet Jackson will be the first legend to be featured for the second year consecutively in the brand’s iconic “What Becomes a Legend Most?” advertising campaign. “It became clear in our discussions of who the Legend should be this year, that continuing the momentum with Janet made complete sense,” says Joe Morelli, CEO of Blackglama. “She embodies glamour, luxury and sophistication, everything that Blackglama stands for.”

Unquestionably a legend in the world of entertainment, Janet Jackson’s albums, including Control, janet, All For You and Number Ones, have sold over 100 million copies worldwide and her most recent “JANET JACKSON Number Ones; Up Close And Personal” World Tour broke box office records making her one of the best-selling female artists of all time. She is the only recording artist to have Grammy™ nominations spanning the categories Dance, Pop, Rap, Rock and R&B. Janet is also an accomplished actress, with starring roles in television and film including Poetic Justice, Nutty Professor, Why Did I Get Married?, Why Did I Get Married Too? and For Colored Girls.

Last year’s campaign thrust Janet Jackson amongst some of the world’s most legendary entertainers who have starred in the popular Blackglama “What Becomes a Legend Most?” campaign. The initiative was revived by noted advertising agency Laspata DeCaro, and ads were photographed by Rocco Laspata.

“The primary difference is that the initial campaigns were focused on a singular image – a legend and a coat,” says Charles DeCaro. “Our recent branding iterations have evolved imparting a distinct fashion sensibility. Multiple images showcase innovative designs and the relevant multi-faceted ways Blackglama - as a product - can be appropriated.”

The first ad debuts in the September issue of W Magazine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jackson designs fur line

Blackglama today announced the launch of a new collection of clothing co-designed by Janet.

The line of luxe fur outerwear and accessories will debut in stores in later this month.

“The art of fashion is one of my great passions,” said Janet. ”I’ve worked for years to bring a collection into the world. Partnering with Blackglama is very exciting.”

The collection features 15 pieces including coats, jackets, vests, scarves, gloves and other accessories. All contain both classic and contemporary elements and use Blackglama mink in conjunction with other materials such as leather.

“When we began preparation for the second Blackglama campaign, Janet became very involved in the design process. The result was an amazing collection of Blackglama garments and accessories that reflect Janet’s tremendous sense of style and fashion,” said Mike McCrea, VP of Marketing for Blackglama. “This is one of the most visually appealing and innovative Blackglama collections I have seen.”

The line is priced for the luxury market and will retail from November in the Fur Salon at select Saks Fifth Avenue and the Maximilian Fur Salon at select Bloomingdales.

http://www.wdef.com/entertainment/story/Ja...RIt22FEAzg.cspx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...

2018 Billboard Music Awards held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday (May 20) in Las Vegas.

The 52-year-old entertainer performed a medley of her classic hits “Nasty,” “If,” and “Throb.”

After her performance, Janet was presented with the Icon Award and gave a touching speech.

Janet is the first black woman to be chosen as an Icon Award recipient in Billboard Music Awards history. We hope she’s paving the way for more women of color to receive the honor!

ltbWQ0I0_t.jpg mSGB3s8r_t.jpg ow2tAb4X_t.jpg 9mIPDwET_t.jpg wCVnKoPT_t.jpg c3Lp04fs_t.jpg ZjtbArJU_t.jpg lcxnBdIg_t.jpg LhsmA0EF_t.jpg rnjjLyku_t.jpg 8DUZ3wvG_t.jpg 6naTIcQm_t.jpg iwGvtlfP_t.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...