Bellazon

Heidi Klum

Guest MissIsabella

DON"T FORGET!!!

Tuesday, June 15

HEIDI KLUM

She’s funny, she’s beautiful, and she’s absolutely unpredictable! Even better, HEIDI KLUM loves Ellen! Today she’s on the show for the 10th time, and the two are ready to celebrate! Heidi has thrown food at the audience, run obstacle courses... and she even took off her dress in the middle of an interview! No one knows what she’ll do today! She recently started a maternity fashion line and will tell Ellen all about it. Then, “Glee” is one of the biggest shows of the season and turned CHRIS COLFER into an overnight star. He sang at the World Series and even met the President! Chris is stopping by to tell Ellen all about it. Also, Ellen has been saving up some of the best photos that are just plain wrong. It’ll be one of the funniest “What’s Wrong with These Photos? Photos” ever. And if that weren’t enough, Ellen has a huge surprise for one of her audience members that will leave them speechless -- or screaming non-stop!

http://community.livejournal.com

Translation of an interview with Gala:

http://www.gala.de/stars/interview/108997/...r-Klartext.html

Now it's time for straight talk!

The girls are plain, the boss is too hard, the ratings are too low? Heidi Klum responded to the criticism of herself and her hit show "Germany's Next Top Model" - exclusively to Gala.

She knows how to speak commands: clear directives are, in addition to the raised eyebrows, Heidi Klum's trademark as the boss of "Germany's Next Top Model". But, after weeks of tension leading up to the vote to decide the fifth "Top Model," which took place last Thursday at Lanxess Arena, the strict Heidi rejoiced between the raining confetti, fireworks and tears of joy. In part, because now she can finally breathe. Three months presence on German television are over. After the live show, and a short trip to visit her parents in Bergisch Gladbach, she flew back to the U.S., where she lives most of the year with husband Seal and their four children. Once there, she will start work on the eighth season of her successful American show, "Project Runway".

In the U.S., it is all easier for Heidi somehow. While the TV "model school" of the 37-year-old has been harshly criticized in her native country since the show began in 2006, the "Heidi-Glamour-Covers" lined up on the magazine shelves of drugstores in the U.S. contain homages to her similar story. In Germany it is often said at last that "GNTM" is always more tasteless and the contestants are more bland. "Where did the 'Zickenterror' [?] from previous seasons go?" ask fans in Internet forums, since the competitors Alisar, Neele and company are presented as having "Hanni and Nanni"-style harmony, instead of trying to push each other off the catwalk. Instead - and even this was criticized - Heidi had retracted her claws and the nice judge "Q" put away his disgust. The ratings dropped from 25% to 15% and are now most likely to stay in the basement. After this season, they will throw in the towel.

Criticism, accusations, insinuations: The eloquent Heidi, the best-paid model in the world after Gisele Bundchen, has put an end to the silence. When Wolfgang Joop blasphemed or Karl Lagerfeld's sideswipe was cited again and again, Heidi is a "commercial girl" and "unknown in the fashion shows in Paris", it bounced off her like rain drops on glossy stilettos. But enough is enough. In a big interview with Gala, Heidi now gives us the straight talk.

The ratings of "Germany's Next Top Model" have risen from year-to-year until this recent crash. Would you be happy with one more season?

Well, with an average market-share of 18%, you really can't call it a crash. "Germany's Next Top Model" is still one of the most successful shows on Pro7, well above the average show. I still have a lot of fun doing the show and am already looking forward to the sixth season in 2011.

Bigger, thinner, more suffering: It is said that the demands on the winner for 2010 were much higher. What are your decision criteria?

The winner must have many facets. On one hand, she needs to have a beautiful, well-proportioned body. Therefore, proper diet, exercise and discipline are important. All the girls need to learn that first. On the other hand, she needs to have charisma - that certain something that stands out at auditions to inspire the client. That is all that the judges are looking for.

One of the points of criticism was that the girls are exposed to a lot of pressure - and that it had nothing to do with reality.

Life as a model is not a picnic! Especially at the beginning, it is unusual for a model to do really big campaigns, live in a luxury apartment and work with the best photographers. That's what my girls get. They get to go to auditions for hip designers and internationally known brands, get super jobs and make good money and live in a luxury villa in Beverly Hills. How many models can say they have photos taken by Michel Comte or Rankin in their portfolio?

But what model has to deal with a boa constrictor in a panic - like your candidate Laura?

A model has to work hard for their success. We are preparing girls for the reality. None of the candidates are forced to stay, or to do everything we ask of her. They can always go home. Our shoots are difficult and extravagant. When the candidates on "Germany's Next Top Model" have been through it for three months, every photoshoot from then on will be easy. The winner is booked for campaigns worth about 400,000 Euros. This is crazy! Some people do not earn that much money in their life! So, I think it is okay to freeze for 15 minutes for a photo or wear shoes two sizes too small. I have done that many times, and still do it today. In the U.S. they would say, [in English] "That's why I earn the big bucks," to which we would say something like, "That's why I get the bigger lumps of coal."

Apparently, the finalists were set for some time. Specific names are circulated around the Internet for weeks so that the viewers are claimed to be fooled.

This is an issue we struggle with every year. We obviously want the audience to not know who goes week after week. But, many newspaper and magazines don't make that easy. They will pay paparazzi to lie in wait day and night to take pictures of our candidates. Sometimes, they will even hire a helicopter to fly over the villa the girls live in.

Some of the fans and members of the media were very critical that the girls were not pretty enough.

I have to say, it is shocking what you can't avoid hearing today. Many people who blog and have to add their two cents to everything, feel the need to blaspheme in the worst way without any limits. Of course, it is under a false name so they can hide behind it. I absolutely believe that everyone can freely say what is on their mind. But, when I see how offensive and anti-social some of them are, I think to myself: Who are these people?

In the final weeks before the finale, it was reported that "Q" would be ruled out as a judge for the final episode and would no longer appear. How did that happen?

Stories are simply invented to sell newspapers. The readers have to sift through 90% waste. These rumors are simply false. It was always clear that "Q" would be with Kristian Schuller at my side for the finale. We understand each other well and have a lot of fun.

Is it true that you and your husband, Seal, are making a show in the U.S. where you will travel across the country as a counsellor for couples?

That rumor is partly true. Seal and I are working on a new show. But there are a lot of people making whispers about it. The show does not revolve around us and we will not be marriage counsellors. So do not worry about that! What the plans are, exactly, have not been revealed.

Heidi is on the cover of The L. A. Times's "The Envelope" magazine for 17 June 2010:

post-2141-1276788089_thumb.jpg

And here is the article:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/...0,1001545.story

post-2141-1276788139_thumb.jpg

'Project Runway's' pattern of success

The Lifetime reality show has 16 Emmy nominations under it's designer belt. A few alterations are in store for Season 8.

"Project Runway" is one reality show that actually dabbles in reality. There is no script, no writers feeding lines to the cast. The goal isn't to destroy an opponent; it's to launch a career. The program has lifted the veil on the fashion industry, revealing the unglamorous hard labor behind it. What you sew is what you get. And stay tuned, because fans are going to be getting more than ever this summer.

For seven seasons, in-house mentor Tim Gunn has been guiding flocks of designers through challenges that run the gamut from inspired to bizarre. The call to make a dress out of a potato sack yielded some extraordinary results. An attempt to remake divorced women's old wedding dresses into new outfits proved the undoing of a few.

Throughout, the competitors hear Gunn's iconic admonition: "Make it work!" "If anyone wants to attribute that line to me, they're welcome to, but God knows I didn't originate it," insists Gunn, who used it on his Parsons design students for 29 years. His other line must chill the heart of any designer it's aimed at: "I'm concerned." "Yeah, well I utter that several times a day," Gunn notes wryly.

Both statements speak to his "single, solitary motivation in all of this," he adds. "I want to help them succeed."

If Gunn is the supportive, clucking parent, helping his baby birds find their wings, host Heidi Klum is the one who pushes them out of the nest. Klum, an executive producer, started the first season afraid to speak her mind on camera. That shyness has evaporated, and as she judges the work with Nina Garcia and designer Michael Kors, she doesn't hold back.

Garcia, the fashion editor for Marie Claire magazine, is often feared for her brusque assessments. "I'm very frank and direct," she concedes, but only because she's holding the designers to the same standards she finds among professionals in the industry. "I think Heidi has become far meaner than I am," she says, laughing. "She's tough."

Klum, speaking by phone from Cologne, where she's taping " Germany's Next Top Model," demurs. "I don't think my part is to hurt anyone or make anyone feel bad about themselves. It is entertainment, and when they do something silly that resembles something that you know, then you say it." Commenting that an outfit reminds her of "a dirty vacuum bag" or "a cat in a baby's sling," the gorgeous supermodel channels her inner Don Rickles.

Comedy is welcome, as are workroom meltdowns and such characters as Season 4 winner Christian Siriano, who captured the audience's attention while wearing out the word "fierce." But through it all, the designers' creations are the real stars of the show.

"If something ridiculous does happen, we're not going to turn the camera off and not air it," says Klum. "But we don't instigate anything; we don't cast people just because they're funny. They have to be good designers. That's the No. 1 priority for our show, and I think that's why it's lasted so long."

And it's why the show has garnered 16 Emmy nominations, including outstanding reality-competition program for each of its first five seasons and two for Klum as host. (The show has won one Emmy for editing.)

The first few years saw the ratings climb to a Season 3 finale high of 5.4 million. A move from Bravo to Lifetime in Season 6, after a lengthy legal battle, saw its highest premiere numbers, but last season, viewership fell below 3 million. "We were still the highest rated cable show many of those weeks," executive producer Sara Rea points out, adding that it was a lackluster television season in general. "We're definitely looking to improve things, but we don't feel like it's broken." She's tight-lipped about any improvements coming in Season 8, set to premiere at the end of July.

Klum is more revealing. "I'll give you a little inside scoop. We're going to have more time next season," she announces. How will they manage that? "We're going to make the show an hour and a half long," adding a half hour to the running time. "It's for all the people out there who need to know just a little bit more of what's going on." Designers, start your hemming.