Bellazon

Selita Ebanks
Thumbnail

dcrim

It's taken almost three years, but Selita is finally beginning to grow on me. It's too bad VS has perfected the art of making their models look like crap in the catalogues. When they do other things, you actually get a chance to see how beautiful most of those girls are. Selita looks really pretty in most of her SI shots especially this one.

selitadt5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a story about Selita Ebanks that was posted in the forum of a model not named Selita Ebanks. Since the story is about Selita and speculates on whether Selita will be continuing her work with Victoria's Secret, here is the link to it.

From Media TakeOut:

RUMOR: SELITA EBANKS GETTING DROPPED FROM VICTORIA'S SECRET

My personal comment on it:

Only time will tell if this is true or not, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was. They've been using Emanuela more in recent months, and Selita's catalogue work has never been that impressive IMO (but VS makes most of their catalogue models not named Alessandra Ambrosio look like crap, so I'll give her a pass on that.) With VS wanting to revamp the brand (moving away from the "sexy"), revamping the angel line-up might be something that goes right along with it.

It's too bad if it is true. She's never been what I would consider a perfect fit with them, but her promotional skills were the best of the angels. Even though I didn't care for her much, I understood why they hired her.

Here's a story about Selita Ebanks that was posted in the forum of a model not named Selita Ebanks. Since the story is about Selita and speculates on whether Selita will be continuing her work with Victoria's Secret, here is the link to it.

From Media TakeOut:

Only time will tell if this is true or not, but I wouldn't be shocked if it was. They've been using Emanuela more in recent months, and Selita's catalogue work has never been that impressive IMO (but VS makes most of their catalogue models not named Alessandra Ambrosio look like crap, so I'll give her a pass on that.) With VS wanting to revamp the brand (moving away from the "sexy"), revamping the angel line-up might be something that goes right along with it.

It's too bad if it is true. She's never been what I would consider a perfect fit with them, but her promotional skills were the best of the angels. Even though I didn't care for her much, I understood why they hired her.

I have wondered about her role with VS as well.

Well, a shake up is forthcoming in VS so we will see!!

From Media TakeOut:

MediaTakeOut isn't a valid source for info anyway .

Though I don't see nor understand the negative response to Selita, mostly because it is hypocritical and trivial and not worth even taking into consideration. She is a perfect fit for the brand and if her lack of campaigns is an issue than that goes for IZABEL GOULART as well. VS sadly doesn't use her as much at all neither. VS works in mysterious ways for me personally. You will never see Alessandra promoting things or doing things of that nature but she's all over the catalog and store. In contrast, you barely see Selita on anything, yet when ever there is an event, or anything to do with promotion, she's a sure thing. You most definitely don't see Heidi Klum on the VS site and catalogs anymore but basically the whole Victoria's Secret Fashion Show this year was all about her. <_< I think Selita is a great fit, and if VS detected something in her that wasn't right for the brand, they would have hired (Oluchi, Emanuela, Jessica) someone else by now.

yeah, i'm the one who posted that story in KK's thread over at TFS... but even there i commented that it didn't make sense to me at all. i have loved Selita from the start and i presumed that her star is on the RISE, what with her wearing the Fantasy Bra last year, and with her appearances in the SI Issue... i think she's lined up to be a famous household-name model.