Bellazon

Stella Maxwell
Thumbnail

Interview with Yahoo Style

YS: What was your first reaction to being named a Victoria’s Secret Angel

Stella: I just started smiling when I first found out. My agent called me, and I had no idea that that was coming. I had been working with VS a little bit, but I just wasn’t really expecting… you know, it’s kind of a surreal thing; I think any girl would say the same. None of us feel like we’re good enough for it, but we’re lucky enough to have it. So I was just shocked; it was surreal, and I just kind of went home and I lay on my bed and just started smiling. I was just so happy about it.

YS: What work had you done with VS before?

Stella: I got put into some amazing shoots quite quickly. I got to do the Christmas catalog cover, and I wasn’t expecting that either; I just did a shoot for them, and they decided to put me on the cover, which is a big honor, as you know. And I’d been doing a lot of catalog work and advertising for print before I got signed.

YS: So far, what’s the best thing about being an Angel?

Stella: It’s a huge privilege and I get a lot of doors opened up for me. Since signing that contract, I think the level of my work just kind of rose, because people really notice you and Victoria’s Secret really propels you in front of people and gives you a lot of exposure. And it’s a really respected brand, so I think that even in fashion, everyone pays attention, and it kind of just helped open up so many doors. Even just thinking in the future, it’s gonna help me to do other projects that I would love to do with Victoria’s Secret, charity work… it just opens up all those doors. So that’s really what I want to focus on, and build myself within the brand and then give back a little after.

YS: Is there another Angel, past or present, who you consider your “Angel” Godmother, so-to-speak?

Stella: I’ve always had a lot of respect for Candice [swanepoel]; I think she’s beautiful and I love her work, but I think all the girls have their thing, and I think that’s the same with all the new girls: We all add our own individuality to the brand, so I don’t know if there’s a specific one, but definitely I idolize Candice, for sure.

YS: Do you and the other Angels hang out when you’re not working?

Stella: I think me and the newer girls hang out a little more than maybe the older girls… I think they have their clique and we have our clique, but I really get along well with Lily Aldridge; I really like her. I really get along with Doutzen [Kroes]; I’ve met her a few times and really like her. It’s whoever you can really get time to talk to… we’re all so busy.

YS: What’s the hardest thing about being a model?

Stella: All the traveling and being away from your friends and your loved ones.

YS: What’s your favorite way to stay in shape?

Stella: I have a trainer, so i just go see him whenever i can. I like doing weights and cardio, and some jump rope.

YS: What’s your favorite thing to do in your downtime?

Stella: I have a knack for always ending up in L.A. whenever I have some days off, because I really like going there… and I really like hanging out on the beach and all the hiking and opportunities and things you can do outside. I love being outside; I love being in nature and exercising like that, other than in a gym in New York. So I try to get out there as much as I can, and I have a lot of friends and a lot of people I really love out there.

YS: How do you deal with your recent fame and the paparazzi?

Stella: I don’t really notice them that often; I just try to stay cool and be myself. I don’t really read into it too much. I don’t look for it, I don’t not look for it… I just kind of am what I am, I see what I see. I don’t know.

YS: So you don’t Google yourself?

Stella: (Laughs) No… I try not to. I think that can be a big mistake sometimes.

YS: What’s your first (maybe funny) memory involving a bra?

Stella: When I was in school, I remember really wanting to find an amazing push up bra, and I found one of those bras that have, like, three gel fillets within, like a triple push up. And I wore that to school one day, and it was justso horrific, and everyone was like, ‘What happened to you?!’ I never wore it again, and I quickly learned that that’s not the way to look hot. You should find a bra that really fits you for your body. It’s great, because Victoria’s Secret has all those options.

Stella: I just started smiling when I first found out.

post-42953-0-1446123290-23768_thumb.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

EDIT: For real though I had a dream about 4 nights ago where I found a picture of Stella smiling and I posted it on Bellazon I kid you not :laugh: