Bellazon

2011 SI Swimsuit

Not that anyone here noticed, but the photos used in the issue and photos posted on the website all PALE in comparison to the beautiful visuals that you see in the behind-the-scenes 45-minute video posted on the Playstation Network.

It took over 10 hours to download the special so I've yet to watch the full thing but I did take a few example HD screencaps of some of the more sexy unused shots. These are just a few examples taken from just FOUR minutes of footage, so there's an assload more to cap.

MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ1.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ2.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ3.jpg

MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ4.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ5.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ6.jpg

th_75458_MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ7_122_942lo.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ8.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ9.jpg

MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ10.jpg th_75472_MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ11_122_12lo.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ12.jpg

th_75477_MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ13_122_508lo.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ14.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ15.jpg

MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ16.jpg MISC.UHQ.RBV.HQ17.jpg

**WARNING! Be aware that if you decide to download the SI special from the PSN, the video has a Parental Lock setting of Level 10! By default, the PS3's Parental Lock setting is at Level 9, which means you are required to input your four-digit password just to unlock the video!

:laugh:

Not to mention, I think you have to factor in the business side of things. A huge part of the issue is advertising. Will advertisers be as interested if the issue is taken in a suddenly unexpected direction? Advertisers don't care about creativity. They're paying tons of money to get their ads in a known commodity: a magazine with hot women posing in bikinis on beaches.

Well I think the issue last year wasn't that we didn't like the locations. I loved the airfield for Morton's photoshoot. That could have been truly terrific, had it not been for the fact that Geneviève lacks that sparkle... If you put Elle at her absolute scorching hot apex in that same location, it becomes an instant classic imho. So I am not saying the models do not matter. They do. But you are more likely to create something special if you dare to shake things up a little.

Now for the advertisers, I get and acknowledge your point. Though I'd argue that the SISE will be interesting for advertisers no matter what the exact content, just courtesy of its status.

i think this decade will see a turnaround again. look at how famous Rosie Huntington-Whitely and Miranda Kerr have gotten. they're MASSIVELY famous.

Miranda, Rosie? Massively famous? I think you're suffering from a fashion fan's wishful thinking on a lot of the points you're making. :p I especially don't see why we should expect a turnaround this decade. Extremely few models over the past fifteen years have genuinely crossed over into celebrity status. Who's going to be the next Heidi? Erin Heatherton? Lilly Aldridge? I don't see it. Even with the models you pointed out, and a few others increasing in stature, it's debatable as to where their fame is coming from. I, for one, won't be pointing to the publicity around Rosie being cast as eye-candy in a movie or Miranda getting married to a famous actor as evidence of models becoming relevant again.

The only "massively" famous model at this point is Gisele Bundchen, Miranda is Orlando's wife/babymomma, Rosie is Megan's Fox replacement, Adriana-Candice-Alessandra-Erin-Rest of VS girls are just "Hot girl in VS catalogue", Bar is Leo's girl & so on ... Nobody cares about models these days, so to ask SI to get "famous" models is too much :ninja: Just google Irina Shayk & you'll get "Cristiano Ronaldo's russian girlfriend ...." You can't blame SI for having non-famous model, if you ask people the lineup of the VSFS (which is the most watched model-ish Tv event) they probably can ID Adriana, Alessandra & that's it. I do agree that some girls really really shouldn't be there, not because i don't like them but because they ONLY do SI, i haven't see Damaris Lewis, Julie Henderson, Genevieve Morton or Jessica Gomes modeling for something outside SI yet & that isn't helping at all, they should at least have models with a familiar face like Anne, Hilary, Irina, & some others. Getting HF is not a solution either, i bet most of guys would freak out if they buy SI & see Lara or Daria there, because most of guys buy SI because it has hot girls in bikinis & most of HF models aren't exactly hot

While i do think that the issue overall is better (hair, makeup, they got better rookies i.e Izabel, Alyssa, Kate), i do think the locations sucked, really, they all shot in beautiful places but also all the locations look the same: sand & water. You can't even tell apart who shot where. One of the few things i liked last year was that they had different locations, i personally loved India. But this year they all shot in the beach, so that was really boring, the only "different shoot" was Brooklyn's shoot in Hawaii but that is because it was based on her movie set.

The bodypaint sucked this year too, really really bad ... If that's what they're going to do, then they should stop doing it. Look at Marisa's bodypaint from 2007, it was really good, but this was a disaster. & im sorry, but IMO Shannan Click or Kenza Fourati don't have the proper body to do bodypaint, but that is just me.

& some of the swimsuits are just horrible, really, MJ was high when she picked some of the swimsuits they used this year :ninja:

The only "massively" famous model at this point is Gisele Bundchen, Miranda is Orlando's wife/babymomma, Rosie is Megan's Fox replacement, Adriana-Candice-Alessandra-Erin-Rest of VS girls are just "Hot girl in VS catalogue", Bar is Leo's girl & so on ... Nobody cares about models these days, so to ask SI to get "famous" models is too much :ninja: Just google Irina Shayk & you'll get "Cristiano Ronaldo's russian girlfriend ...." You can't blame SI for having non-famous model, if you ask people the lineup of the VSFS (which is the most watched model-ish Tv event) they probably can ID Adriana, Alessandra & that's it. I do agree that some girls really really shouldn't be there, not because i don't like them but because they ONLY do SI, i haven't see Damaris Lewis, Julie Henderson, Genevieve Morton or Jessica Gomes modeling for something outside SI yet & that isn't helping at all, they should at least have models with a familiar face like Anne, Hilary, Irina, & some others. Getting HF is not a solution either, i bet most of guys would freak out if they buy SI & see Lara or Daria there, because most of guys buy SI because it has hot girls in bikinis & most of HF models aren't exactly hot

Well, well, well, I didn't think you were still here, Joe. Nice to see ya, as well! What it do, nephew!

As you can tell, it's been awhile since I've done anything unimportant here at BZ, so I thought I'd post some new SI stuff.

And to counter-point everyone's thoughts about this year's issue being sucky-suck, you're all correct. I got the issue yesterday and everything was a total piece of deja vu. Same adverts, same poses, same backgrounds. As for SI using cover models becuz of the celebrity factor, I know it sounds cliched but I'd rather have a well-known model rather than an unknown ingenue.

If SI wants to make next year's issue stand out, they need to get RACY. When you look at magazines like W Mag or V Mag or even the Pirelli calendar, those publications get lots of attention because they use racy images of supermodels in artsy ways. If SI can stop being so PG-13 and start becoming a bit more risky, it might just do them a favor. They need to hire Terry Richardson ASAP!

Not quite true, Jessica Gomes has done photoshoots for Esquire, Maxim, Vogue, GQ and has her TV show in Korea.

Also says what other she been in http://en.wikipedia....i/Jessica_Gomes

Those are mostly magazines for guys ... Im talking about working for a brand, & wikipedia isn't the best source anyway, i can go & write whatever i want there =/

how it would suddenly elevate it from "hot chicks posing in bikinis" to ART.

I don't know where you're getting this idea that anyone wants to see "art" in SI. I'm sure the closest thing to art most people want to see when they pick up the issue is the bodypainting section. :laugh:

The only "massively" famous model at this point is Gisele Bundchen

I think you could debate whether she even still holds that status. At least here in the US, her prominence has dropped significantly. She's just Tom Brady's wife at this point.

wikipedia isn't the best source anyway, i can go & write whatever i want there =/

And anyone could then revert your edit as vandalism. :p

Ok SI is seriously starting go downhill with their model selections. Its like they are randomly starting to pick models out of nowhere. The only good rookies this year to me were Izabel and Alyssa, the rest were a major letdown. Plus when they do get good rookies they just let them go the next year in favor of less appealing girls. Some recent examples in the past two years off the top of my head are Lucia Dvorska, Kim Cloutier, Julie Ordon.

With that said this issue was decent and a few of the girls really shined through like Hilary, Alyssa, Cintia, Anne, and Izabel.

So for me personally this is what I think

Great

Hilary (So gorgeous, Her body is amazing, but her face is wow)

Alyssa (best rookie since Lucia for me, but like Lucia she probably won't appear anymore after her debut for some stupid unknown reason)

Cintia (insane body, plus very unique looking)

Good

Anne (has always been one of my favorites not gonna change)

Izabel ( Always loved her body and her personality)

Brooklyn (Its Brooklyn shes always good))

Ok

Irina (Hot, but I think she was trying to hard to be sexy)

Jessica Gomes (love her curves but shes not that toned this year)

Jessica White (Beautiful girl but I think shes starting to age a little)

Decent

Esti (Cute but looks very bored and her personality is starting to bother me a little)

Shannon (Shes alright but nothing really stood out to me)

Kate (inexperienced but could improve)

Bad

Julie ( never liked her face)

Chrissy (Don't see her appeal at all)

Genevieve (Why did they bring her back?)

Kenza (Maybe the least attractive Si model ever?)

MY opinion, don't hate I'm sure if other people did this theres would be completily different.

I don't understand why everybody dislike kenza and saying she's the worse model of all. the girl is actually pretty, and a lot better look than majoirity SI models.

I think Kenza is better looking than Shannan, Julie, Damaris, Jessica White, Anne V, Brooklyn, Cintia, Izabel and Alyssa.

I actually think she's prettier than chrissy, I think chrissy is a cute girl but i actually prefer kenza look.

Just saw a Livestream with the girls from the Model Search ... Dear God, they made the VS Angel chat look funny, seriously, they're boring as hell :ninja:

& they mentioned that the voting will be online for 10 days & that if you vote for them many times you will unlock pictures from their pages.

how it would suddenly elevate it from "hot chicks posing in bikinis" to ART.

I don't know where you're getting this idea that anyone wants to see "art" in SI. I'm sure the closest thing to art most people want to see when they pick up the issue is the bodypainting section. :laugh:

The only "massively" famous model at this point is Gisele Bundchen

I think you could debate whether she even still holds that status. At least here in the US, her prominence has dropped significantly. She's just Tom Brady's wife at this point.

Really? That´s interesting. Here in Slovakia, Tom Brady is "some man of the hot Gisele". And trust me, here people don´t give a shit about modeling world, they don´t even know what the word "modeling" means :laugh: so yes, if even here, in Slovakia, people know Gisele, the hell, she must be damn famous :laugh: (trust me, I know what I talk about :ninja: kenvelo used to be the best brand around here like three years ago. I was like what? Kenvelo? Ha ha. And I´m even not into brands.)

They even write about her here. They wrote an article about VS fashion show only because Gisele was in it. There was an article on two pages, with a huge picture of Gisele on it and some info about her, and that she has done the VS show. Oh, and they did mention Heidi, of course. I mean, they never write about models here unless they marry someone famous, never. I seriously think no other model nowadays has reached the status like Gisele has.

So, yes, she IS massively famous. Just my two cents, sorry.

I have a great idea for a new, original and interesting SI - maybe the models could roun around in bikinis, holding guns, shooting after each other... I guess THAT would be original enough ;)