Bellazon

The Walking Dead

Prettyphile

• 1 month later...

You Want Zombie Deaths, 'The Walking Dead' Season 2 Has 'Em!

One of the biggest complaints about the first season of AMC TV's "The Walking Dead" was that there were only a handful of zombie deaths. It looks as if AMC and producer Frank Darabont have taken note...

Inside you'll find the first official video clip from the second season that features star Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes losing his sh*t and smashing a zombie's head in (he literally pummels it!)

The project is set among a group of zombie survivors of an apocalypse who are led by a police officer, Rick Grimes (Lincoln), in search of a safe place to live. In this latest season of AMC's "The Walking Dead" TV series, the survivors arrive at Hershel's Farm, where we will meet Hershel Greene (Scott Wilson), a vet (as in a veterinarian); his daughter, Maggie (Lauren Cohan); and Otis (Pruitt Taylor Vince), the middle-aged ranch foreman who’s such a sweetheart that he all but loses it when he accidentally shoots a fellow survivor. The new cast members join series regulars Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes, Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes, Jon Bernthal as Shane Walsh, Laurie Holden as Andrea, Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale, Steven Yeun as Glenn, and Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes.

The second season will consist of a 13-episode arc and will premiere this Fall on AMC.

Greg Nicotero Directing 'The Walking Dead' Webisodes

KNB co-founder Greg Nicotero is getting behind the camera to direct a series of webisodes for the forthcoming second season of AMC's "The Walking Dead".

John Esposito ("The Theatre Bizarre, "Masters of Horror") is penning the screenplays for the six episodes set to premiere this fall. We're hearing they may also play on AMC's annual Fearfest, although that's unconfirmed.

Shooting next month, the webisodes follow "Hannah" and her children who take shelter in her ex-husband's house from a horde of zombies.

Nicotero directed the widely popular short film "The United Monster Talent Agency" back in 2010.

WALKING DEAD' SHOCKER: Frank Darabont Steps Down As Showrunner

post-1004-0-1446085435-88953_thumb.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: This is a quite a bombshell -- www.deadline.com

The Walking Dead, is stepping down as showrunner of the series, which is now in production on its upcoming second season. The news is even more surprising given the fact that Darabont was on hand for Walking Dead's Comic-Con panel just this past Friday alongside fellow executive producers Robert Kirkman, on whose graphic novel the series is based, and Gale Anne Hurd and appeared excited about Season 2. There is speculation that Darabont might be off the show completely, but I hear talks are still ongoing about him possibly staying on in some capacity. Darabont, who spent five years trying to get a TV version of the zombie saga off the ground and wrote and directed the AMC pilot, hails from the feature world, and I hear that he never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series. Last December, he considered forgoing a writing staff for Season 2 and assigning scripts to freelancers but ultimately went for the traditional writing staff model recommended by the network and tapped Glen Mazzara as an executive producer and his No. 2. It is unclear if The Shield alum Mazzara, who has showrunning experience, would now step in to run Walking Dead. I hear that the behind-the-scenes turmoil has not affected production on the show, which continues as scheduled. Season 2 of Walking Dead is slated to premiere Oct. 16. In addition to huge ratings, the series has garnered awards recognition for its freshman season, including a best drama series Golden Globe nomination as well as DGA and WGA noms. In a Deadline Emmy Q&A last month, Darabont raved about his transition to television. "In TV, you have to get ideas across in a more economical way," he said. "But the process is fundamentally the same (as features), just accelerated. There’s no time for second guessing. The wheels are in constant motion. I love that about television. If I’d known how much fun it was, I’d have done it years ago."

AMC took on a project that was too big for them to afford, and thus it's forcing budget cuts and idiotic executive decisions such as tightening the scope. The last time I read a story this depressing, it was regarding HBO's Deadwood which died a similar death. The fact that AMC execs are more focused on tightening the budget than doing what's best for the show is the biggest red flag of all. I'm truly scared that The Walking Dead is literally on its last leg... :(

It's a suicide for AMC... I'm scared now. I love this show. Honestly I hate to watch TV, but when I heard that TWD is with Zombies (yeah, I love zombies) I had to see it and I fell in love. Now I am waiting for the second season and I dont know how it will look like. New season without Darabont as director can be really bad or second season will be the last... Fans are really pissed off. Just like me.

If second season will be worse than first, AMC can do one thing. Kill all the cast...:(

• 2 weeks later...