Bellazon

Gemma Ward
Thumbnail

rosada

I don't see much of Gemma in this girl... but those pictures are sweet. I like her daughter's face in the first one, how 'mature' she looks for a baby? Don't know how else to explain it.

Congratulations to Gemma and her boyfriend!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Australian model Gemma Ward back on the runway after giving birth

REMEMBER Gemma Ward?

The beautiful Australian model who took the fashion world by a storm with her unusual alien like features has returned to the runway for the first time since 2008.

Ward walked in the Prada’s Spring/Summer 2015 show during Milan Fashion Week overnight.

It’s the Perth native’s first modelling gig since giving birth to her daughter Naia in December last year.

#Obsessed

Ward says it feels “very different” coming back to the runway a second time round.

“I do feel a lot more confident in myself as a mother,” she told Vogue Australia.

“I felt ready to explore working again, I felt this is still a delicate time in Naia’s life, she’s still young but I felt ready and the opportunity came at the right time.”

The fashion world was left in a tizz by Ward’s return.

Ward is one of Australia’s youngest and most successful model exports. She first walked at Australian Fashion Week at the age of 15 and became the youngest model to appear on the cover of American Vogue.

During her heyday Ward reportedly earned up to $20,000 per catwalk show and earned substantial sums from campaigns with Calvin Klein, Burberry and Valentino.

In her time off from modelling she starred in several films, such as The Black Balloon (2008) and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (2011).

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/australian-model-gemma-ward-back-on-the-runway-after-giving-birth/story-fnjeuzyi-1227063774489

I'm freaking out right now (Snejana and now this :heart:  :heart:  :heart::chicken:

Welcome back Gemma, you've been missed  :dance:

Now, hopefully she walks something else in Paris (preferably with better hair and makeup).

#GemmaforPradaSS15 #GemmaforVPcover #GemmaforEverything