Bellazon

Carmen Kass
Thumbnail

valmount

On 4/5/2019 at 3:13 AM, luchang732 said:

OMG!!!Lucky you!  And thanks for the amazing scans, never seen these before

Glad you liked them. Yes, I was very very lucky to meet her several times in Paris and Milan and I took many photos. It was a dream come true!!!

Here are some more scans from D magazine, Italy, March 1998, my scans:

1998-3-16-D-It-2a.jpg 1998-3-16-D-It-4a.jpg 1998-3-16-D-It-6a.jpg

1 hour ago, radolgc said:

Glad you liked them. Yes, I was very very lucky to meet her several times in Paris and Milan and I took many photos. It was a dream come true!!!

Here are some more scans from D magazine, Italy, March 1998, my scans:

I love her early works!! Her face is just simply perfect, and again, thanks for the scans, all new to me! Must be very hard to tear those magazines apart and scan them

5 hours ago, luchang732 said:

I love her early works!! Her face is just simply perfect, and again, thanks for the scans, all new to me! Must be very hard to tear those magazines apart and scan them

Why must be hard to tear magazine and scan them? I always do that. I never keep complete magazines. But these D magazine early editorials are in bad condition as you can see on the scans, they had water damage...I got them in a trade and the trader was not careful when sending it, so they arrived damaged...that was a lot harder. Scanning is a must for a hard-core collector like me. And you can never scan if you do not tear the magazines apart. I often tear photography books and even catalogs...lol...I love doing that. After all, the pages with my models are the only thing that matter and I better have them in a good place, not surrounded by tons of useless pages of paper, which are magazines;)) The first thing i do after buying a magazine is tearing it apart. Like I did with French Vogue April 2019 today...I do not even look at it, I start ripping it off at once. 

Here is another early editorial with Carmen I love, Elle Germany, December 1997. My scans:

1997-12-Elle-Ger-01.jpg 1997-12-Elle-Ger-02.jpg 1997-12-Elle-Ger-03.jpg 1997-12-Elle-Ger-04.jpg 1997-12-Elle-Ger-05a.jpg 1997-12-Elle-Ger-06a.jpg 1997-12-Elle-Ger-07.jpg 1997-12-Elle-Ger-08.jpg

3 hours ago, radolgc said:

Why must be hard to tear magazine and scan them?

Well, some ppl think magazines are rather valuable because they witnessed how the industry changed as the years passed by. But I'm glad that you are not one of them otherwise I won't see those fantastic scans, lol.

3 hours ago, radolgc said:

Carmen holding a photo I gave to her with me and her together, after the Dsquared show in Milan in 2010, another dream moment, photo by me:

DSC_0477.JPG

And that's a good picture! She looks so cute! I can't remember how many times I've watched the Dsquared FW 2010 show. She slayed the runway wearing a black leather with her unbeatable walk... 

You must be the luckiest carmen kass fan, literally a dream come true moment!!

19 hours ago, luchang732 said:

Well, some ppl think magazines are rather valuable because they witnessed how the industry changed as the years passed by. But I'm glad that you are not one of them otherwise I won't see those fantastic scans, lol.

And that's a good picture! She looks so cute! I can't remember how many times I've watched the Dsquared FW 2010 show. She slayed the runway wearing a black leather with her unbeatable walk... 

You must be the luckiest carmen kass fan, literally a dream come true moment!!

I was actually watching the show live, that was another dream come true, but in fact the 3d show of Carmen I had the luck to watch live. First one was Lagerfeld in Paris that I already posted some pics from and the second one Miss Bikini...I will show some pics. Dsquared 2 was amazing, but I could not take good photos, it is not easy being there with a camera not suitable for runway. But I met her after the show and it was way better. Talking to her is always cool.

Magazines are valuable as long as they have Carmen or any of the other models inside that i collect. People do not like to tear magazines apart, because they can not sell them later when they are no longer interested. But I am a real fan/collector and my love for models will never die...well, it will die when i die...hahahaha.

You can always buy magazines if you like models. There is nothing better than holding the actual magazine in your hands...and then even morepleasent to tear it apart page by page, keeping all the treasures;)))