Chrishell Stubbs
Thumbnail

dcrim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

post-40197-0-1446165515-78456_thumb.jpg post-40197-0-1446165515-80487_thumb.jpg

i-Profile: Chrishell Stubbs

Blessed with a luscious pout, truly exquisite bone structure and eyes greener than a panther, Chrishell Stubbs was born runway ready.

Originally appeared in The Alphabetical Issue, Pre-Spring 2013. Buy it now. Click images to enlarge.

Exotic and otherworldly, Chrishell considers her look to be more Mumble from Happy Feet than Naomi circa 1990. The fashion world disagrees entirely. Adorably self-conscious, when all 5 foot 10 of this Turks and Caicos Island born babe sashays down the runway, her only focus is not falling over! Unfazed by the flashing lights and celebrity frow, Chrishell is killing it right now, featuring in editorials for V and Teen Vogue, fronting campaigns for Ralph Lauren, Topshop Cosmetics, H&M and Benetton and walking for Vivienne Westwood, Jean Paul Gaultier and Jeremy Scott, who fell head over heels in love with the model. “Chrishell’s looks are so poetic,” Jeremy told i-D. “There is a warmth that radiates from her beauty that is so unique it’s difficult to articulate. I adore her and I adore being near her, she makes me feel at peace.” Discovered whilst chowing down on a dirty burger at the age of 11, Chrishell never pursued a career in modelling, in truth fashion found her. Preferring playing with her pets to attending afterparties, this homegirl spends most of her free time attending to her mini animal army – “I’ve got two dogs, a teacup Maltese and teacup Yorkie in California. But back home I’ve got six dogs, a cat named Kiwi, a turtle named Melvin, and a bunch of chickens and roosters” – or mucking in with her father’s sports fishing business. Gentle by nature but always fierce on film, a quiet confidence and wise prowess resonates from Chrishell. She is the girl every guy thinks they could never get. i-D locked down time with the hot sauce loving, Caribbean queen to find out how a good-looking girl looks at the rest of the world.

What has been your best outfit to date? Jeremy Scott’s pink poodle sneakers and jersey dress.

How do you feel when you look in the mirror? I try to avoid mirrors because my mommy always told me that it’s not nice to stare at yourself, but I feel most beautiful when the person I love looks at me like I am beautiful.

Who is the most beautiful person in the world? Angel Haze, I think she’s amazing. Such a great person and friend. Lol, just look at her teeth you’ll understand!

What’s the best line anyone has ever used on you? ‘Do you have 12 protons? Cause you are sodium fine.’

What is your most overused word? ****!

What was the last text message you sent? ‘I’ve had the same number since I was 14, but that’s cool.’

Where will you fall asleep tonight? In the arms of someone special.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...