Bellazon

The Official Victoria's Secret Thread

Kevork89

Well there you go. An angel for nearly 13 years :shock: :shock: I don't think anyone can be mad if she retired sometime soon. I would prefer that she did, if she actually was going to have other big projects/business ventures outside of VS. But I'm doubting it.

have Lily and Adriana done an event just by themselves before? I remember Candice, Adriana, and Lily doing one. But not sure if I recall just lily and dri.

I was reading Forbes and came across this little tidbit about models for VS and why some girls stick around and possibly become angels, and why some really don't go anywhere.

At Victoria's Secret, which has made superstars out of dozens of models, including Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks and Alessandra Ambrosio, executives don't have to rely on personal preference to pick their next faces. They can measure a girl's potential in cold hard cash.

"Some girls sell incredibly well," says Chief Marketing Officer Edward Razek. Computers track each photograph in every catalog and online. Not surprisingly, girls who move merchandise end up moving up the corporate ladder to supermodeldom.

Might be the reason girls like Emily D, Cintia, Anna S, Victoria L, Jessica C, Arlenis, Ginta, Kim C,Sasha P and the like only show up once, or twice and then fade into obscurity. They just aren't appealing to the public.

Also could explain why Candice is around (not to say she's not beautiful, and wouldn't sell well, but spread the love to the other models). She's in 75% of the bloody pictures lol, of course she's going to show decent numbers,

Thanks for this Pretty. Always been curious to know how they know which models sell. Now, if only they could mention names. Lol I could imagine the war that would create.

You don't have be be a genius to realize that Candice sells those bras. And I always thought that Lindsay does wonders to their beauty products. Lais also obviously knows a thing or two about selling lingerie.

And the fact that they use Adriana as often as they can goes to show she's doing something right.

I would imagine that Doutzen too sells. So does Erin.

So what about Miranda? If she sells the products, as well as, say, Candice, wouldn't they use her more often?

Chanel, I think wasn't delivering so they let her go.

Ale holds one of their biggest contracts, so enough said

I tink Barbara P, Maryna, Edita, Bregje etc are also delivering...

I was reading Forbes and came across this little tidbit about models for VS and why some girls stick around and possibly become angels, and why some really don't go anywhere.

At Victoria's Secret, which has made superstars out of dozens of models, including Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks and Alessandra Ambrosio, executives don't have to rely on personal preference to pick their next faces. They can measure a girl's potential in cold hard cash.

"Some girls sell incredibly well," says Chief Marketing Officer Edward Razek. Computers track each photograph in every catalog and online. Not surprisingly, girls who move merchandise end up moving up the corporate ladder to supermodeldom.

Might be the reason girls like Emily D, Cintia, Anna S, Victoria L, Jessica C, Arlenis, Ginta, Kim C,Sasha P and the like only show up once, or twice and then fade into obscurity. They just aren't appealing to the public.

Also could explain why Candice is around (not to say she's not beautiful, and wouldn't sell well, but spread the love to the other models). She's in 75% of the bloody pictures lol, of course she's going to show decent numbers,

That is very interesting. But I wonder how much of the sales are due to the models and how much due to the design. In my opinion the designer collection would have still been a hit, no matter who wore it - simply because it was so beautiful. But of course Barbara looked gorgeous in it, too. :wub:

Of course the designer collection was going to do well, but they could of given it to anyone and the choose to give it to Babs over the main girls (something they haven't done since Susan Eldridge worked for theme). Perhaps that's a hint at Barbara actually getting her wings and will be staying around?

Interesting enough they also put Sara S in the designer collection, but one in a couple of photos. Perhaps VS is testing the water to see if she has that "it" factor. Honestly at this point I don't think so but we'll see.

Has Bregje done anything else with VS other then the one line with Behati and Toni (VS show doesn't count)?

I've asked PC this very question, as in 'what is their vision for next 4 quarters to five years?' The longer-run vision. Because this is actually more interesting than trying to forecast their short term movements, which are based on operating considerations most certainly hinging, at least in part, on their analyses of their most recent data streams.

That is very interesting. But I wonder how much of the sales are due to the models and how much due to the design. In my opinion the designer collection would have still been a hit, no matter who wore it - simply because it was so beautiful. But of course Barbara looked gorgeous in it, too. :wub:

Of course the designer collection was going to do well, but they could of given it to anyone and the choose to give it to Babs over the main girls (something they haven't done since Susan Eldridge worked for theme). Perhaps that's a hint at Barbara actually getting her wings and will be staying around?

Interesting enough they also put Sara S in the designer collection, but one in a couple of photos. Perhaps VS is testing the water to see if she has that "it" factor. Honestly at this point I don't think so but we'll see.

Has Bregje done anything else with VS other then the one line with Behati and Toni (VS show doesn't count)?

Well there you go. An angel for nearly 13 years :shock: :shock: I don't think anyone can be mad if she retired sometime soon. I would prefer that she did, if she actually was going to have other big projects/business ventures outside of VS. But I'm doubting it.

have Lily and Adriana done an event just by themselves before? I remember Candice, Adriana, and Lily doing one. But not sure if I recall just lily and dri.

I think Ale will be fine too. She has a shoe line with some brazilian brand. And a clothing line with Colcci. Doutzen has L'Oreal and works for the likes of Tiffany and co. I don't however think Candice will be fine just yet. High Fashion pays next to nothing so the covers and eds (she and Miranda get) are like for free. Quality over quantity. Campaigns do pay, I read somewhere that they pay like 100k. Maybe way more if you're an A list model. Miranda made $4milllion between last year and this year. A lot of that money I imagine is VS dough. So I don't think she'll be as fine as she is now. Financially.

Adriana does work outside of VS not as often as the others, but whenever she does, it's something big. And a money job. Just this year, superbowl, visionaire, pirelli calender, mavi. And you only see her in events if she has something to contribute there... unlike some of her sister angels. :gocho:

Erin, Betahi, Lily, Lindsay. I won't bet my money on them.

I think Ale will be fine too. She has a shoe line with some brazilian brand. And a clothing line with Colcci. Doutzen has L'Oreal and works for the likes of Tiffany and co. I don't however think Candice will be fine just yet. High Fashion pays next to nothing so the covers and eds (she and Miranda get) are like for free. Quality over quantity. Campaigns do pay, I read somewhere that they pay like 100k. Maybe way more if you're an A list model. Miranda made $4milllion between last year and this year. A lot of that money I imagine is VS dough. So I don't think she'll be as fine as she is now. Financially.

Adriana does work outside of VS not as often as the others, but whenever she does, it's something big. And a money job. Just this year, superbowl, visionaire, pirelli calender, mavi. And you only see her in events if she has something to contribute there... unlike some of her sister angels. :gocho:

I don't think we meant it like that. At least I didn't. Of course she does work outside of VS in terms of different photoshoots, a few ad campaigns, and yes her superbowl commercials. But for me, I don't think she will go on to do what girls like Gisele, Tyra, and Heidi have been able to do. Miranda is well on her way. I don't see Adriana branding herself.

Magazines and campaigns pay from little to nothing, unless you're someone Gisele then you probably won't make that much $$. This is why girls decide to quit HF after getting a good contract like Estee Lauder, Maybelline, Victoria's Secret, etc.

& the more i see Candice in recent unphotoshopped pictures the more i feel like i need to give her a good burger & french fries. I still can't believe what happened to the woman, she looks nothing like in 2007 :no:

Magazines and campaigns pay from little to nothing, unless you're someone Gisele then you probably won't make that much $$. This is why girls decide to quit HF after getting a good contract like Estee Lauder, Maybelline, Victoria's Secret, etc.

& the more i see Candice in recent unphotoshopped pictures the more i feel like i need to give her a good burger & french fries. I still can't believe what happened to the woman, she looks nothing like in 2007 :no:

Campaigns actually pay quite a lot. HF covers and eds pay nothing more than a 100 dollars. Whether it's Gisele or Saskia on the cover. Gisele's 2010 Love magazine cover paid very little, I mean very little. Someone in the know said the exact amount but I can't remember.