Bellazon

Bush doesn't care about poor black people!!!

k_dub

I'm sure most of us on this topic can agree to disagree, but as long as we can respect each other, it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

As far as people saying it is a not a race thing, it is a class thing, people are partly right on that. Unfortunately, in the U.S.(this is probably true in some other countries as well), race and class seem to go hand in hand. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley area in L.A., and I still live there. Blacks only make up 4% of the population out here, so guess how it was back in the day. I remember when I was young, me and my family were the only Black people living ON THE BLOCK!!! Personally, I had a middle-class upbringing, and even spent most of my elementary school years going to private schools. That doesn't mean that we didn't struggle at times. My mom sometimes had to work 2 jobs and take care of me, and my half-brother and half-sister ALL BY HERSELF!!!

we are getting way to serious

how is the UK?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the UK is bloody amazing especially after a few pints!! :fun:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what part of the UK do you live in.

i would love to travel there sometime

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

apologies for my peculiar reply. i had been out at the student bar last night and had been drinking alcoholic beverages and so was a little bit 'merry'. :blush:

i live in the south-east. i live in Berkshire, 20 miles west of London, near-ish Windsor (with the castle and everything). it's pretty cool. the airport is close as well which is kinda cool 'cos i can go away often if i so wish but there is some noise (i'm used to it though 'cos i've lived beneath the flight-path my whole life. the area is pretty nice though . . .

if you visit in the future then don't do an 'American-style Shotgun Tour' or you'll miss so much. you'd want to stay in London for a few days or a week and then go out to Windsor to see the Castle, the Great Park, Eton College, the Magna Carta memorial, etc. there's so much to do in london!! lots of tourists go up to Stonehenge but personally i don't think that there is any point. lots, especially Americans, go to Scotland which could be cool if you have spare time and money. apparently Edinburgh is really nice.

where do you live in the US? any good? i've been to the US a fair few times but really only to LA, NY, SF, Florida and the Deep South . . .

we are getting way to serious

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i would love to travel there sometime

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh no you don't!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so you claim . . . london and the surrounding area are wicked for tourists . . . :fun:

i like the UK, myself.

Why not?

I would love to live in the central...I'll actually get to get  to eat sushi  WOo Hoo!!

And it's a great place to shop...like harrods.. and there's a mixture of people living there and I love the ppls accent!  :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i wasn't saying that i wouldn't live in london. i just wondered why you wanted to live there specifically. it's a cool place but i dunno whether i could really live in the centre of a city.

sushi is good!! :)

I suppose the city is kinda too busy ..sushi rocks!! :p

But I love taking the trains :p ...but it gets really annoying when some stranger across... sits there and just stares at me all through the journey....I just wanna stab them!! :ninja:

Have you been outside the UK before? :ermm:

I suppose the city is kinda too busy ..sushi rocks!!  :p

But I love taking the trains  :p ...but it gets really annoying when some stranger across... sits there and just stares at me all through the journey....I just wanna stab them!!  :ninja:

Have you been outside the UK before?    :ermm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i've been abroad lots of times :)