Bellazon

The Well-Spoken Thread

one man band

In this thread, all participants must post with proper decorum.

This means no obscenities, no appallingly bad grammar errors (including spelling - use a dictionary) and no abbreviations (e.g.. 'lol' or 'omg').

You must address each member that posts here as "Sir", "Squire", "Old Bean", etc., as long it is respectful.

If you are (heaven forbid) having a verbal fracas with another member in this thread, intelligent terms may be used, such as "Sirrah", "Half wit", "Ignoramus", "Imbecile", etc.

NO VULGARITIES.

Anyone who does not adhere to there simple and clear rules will be lambasted by a rollickingly good rebuke from yours truly.

I may well be the only member who ever visits this thread, since i'm sure most of you are not up to the 'momentous' challenge of spelling correctly and having a proper argument with someone who knows what they are doing...

Oh and this level of arrogance is essential when posting a reply in this topic.

(Y)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hand signals will only suffice for members who have lost the power of articulated thought. This a high example of such a case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you may have missed a verb in that sentence. According to the rules you created, you are supposed to rebuke yourself.

Very well. One man band, your utter incompetence at the simple notions of primary school grammar leaves me in no doubt that you, Sirrah, have both a tiny intellect and command of wit. Your lack of any grammatical knowledge leaves me stunned. You may well be the least intelligent person I have ever that the misfortune to come across, and I have travelled to America.

Or, it could, hypothetically, be a matter of a member enjoying the pleasure of making a fool of the honourable Sir Band.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Such musing may be highly amusing to the layman, my liege, yet such sophisticated members such as, for example, myself, are unlikely to find the defrocking of a respected member in any way amusing. Am I right?

Or, it could, hypothetically, be a matter of a member enjoying the pleasure of making a fool of the honourable Sir Band.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Such musing may be highly amusing to the layman, my liege, yet such sophisticated members such as, for example, myself, are unlikely to find the defrocking of a respected member in any way amusing. Am I right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are places for people like you.

and I have travelled to America.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am laughing out loud.

For the record, I hate this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hatred of this dear thread is a plain and simple sign of incompetence. Your inability to understand and articulate leads to frustration, which leads inevitably to anger, then, regrettably, to hatred. A wise man once said that thereafter the dark-side is most forth-coming, but such is fool's talk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are places for people like you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most people call them 'Castles', I prefer to call them 'home'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am laughing out loud.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hatred of this dear thread is a plain and simple sign of incompetence. Your inability to understand and articulate leads to frustration, which leads inevitably to anger, then, regrettably, to hatred.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your arrogance becomes you. I am tempted to use the cheese-smile smiley, but I believe that may be against the rules and so I will avoid it entirely.

By the way, incompetence is not the problem. Laziness is. There's a big difference.

Capital letters are my enemy. In fact, that line should be part of my signature. I believe in it that strongly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe they go by both names. If you'll allow me to make up examples based on the town of well known television figures, the places in question could be named "Springfield Special People's Castle" or "The Springfield Home for Psychiatric Treatment"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am laughing out loud.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hatred of this dear thread is a plain and simple sign of incompetence. Your inability to understand and articulate leads to frustration, which leads inevitably to anger, then, regrettably, to hatred.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your arrogance becomes you. I am tempted to use the cheese-smile smiley, but I believe that may be against the rules and so I will avoid it entirely.

By the way, incompetence is not the problem. Laziness is. There's a big difference.

Capital letters are my enemy. In fact, that line should be part of my signature. I believe in it that strongly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All smilies are stricly against the rules

Thank you for the recommendation, dear old thing.

Laziness is indeed a vile and regrettable habit that infests many of our lesser minds. Perhaps if you were motivated by a stream of such arrogance and sheer self-belief, perchance you would feel it as your duty to reply in adherence to the rules, as you have safely accomplished above.

And capital letters are nothing to fear. The Germans enjoy their presence so much that even the humble noun is endowed with a capital letter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am laughing out loud.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All smilies are stricly against the rules

Thank you for the recommendation, dear old thing.

Laziness is indeed a vile and regrettable habit that infests many of our lesser minds. perhaps if you were motivated by a stream of such arrogance and sheer self-belief, perhaps you would feel it as your duty to reply in adherence to the rules, as you have safely accomplished above.

And capital letters are nothing to fear. The Germans enjoy their presence so much that even the humble noun is endowed with a capital letter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You didn't capitalize the first 'p,' and you repeated perhaps. I shake my head at you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe they go by both names. If you'll allow me to make up examples based on the town of well known television figures, the places in question could be named "Springfield Special People's Castle" or "The Springfield Home for Psychiatric Treatment"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An interesting point that crumbles on further observation. I was, of course, refering to that well-known dictum, "An Englishman's home is his castle". Any foolhardy comparisons, even in light-hearted jest, to psychiatric wards, are best left to the patients themselves. Is that not so, Sir Blur?