Bellazon

The "What Are You Thinking About Right Now?" PIP

Francesca

21 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

There is no real source material for Gollum's quest, just like Amazon's ROP attempt. 

Turning THE HOBBIT book of 300 sides + something into an overblown trilogy was already a disaster imo.

23 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Turning THE HOBBIT book of 300 sides + something into an overblown trilogy was already a disaster imo.

It's desperate and insane imho!  

The Amazon series and this new effort are literally based on a bunch of paragraphs from the Simarillion etc., which is why they are badly written.

The hobbit is a very simple story, literally just 1 movie's worth and no more.  In the middle of production  Peter Jackson was forced to expand it from 2 to 3 movies due to the greed for $ lol.

57 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

The Amazon series and this new effort are literally based on a bunch of paragraphs from the Simarillion etc., which is why they are badly written.

One thing I appreciate about this show was that it introduced me to aussie Charlie Vickers. We have to be thankful for the small things in life right? lol

2e62c1be19727c253b24a884d74bda701a05641e

c1697ac4844e36f9533afc3abdb5f1fae012285a

7fe3259ab5d4a8e16aeb309a1219a9d7ffc7455e

c35049552ecc54e97cee867c9823884a405ba211

He was even better in amazons

MV5BZTA2YTVhNWMtYjY0OC00MzQ2LTk4N2QtZDk4

even though his part was rather small but fuckin intense. He's good in playin.... evil.

14 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

One thing I appreciate about this show was that it introduced me to aussie Charlie Vickers. We have to be thankful for the small things in life right? lol

He was even better in amazons

even though his part was rather small but fuckin intense. He's good in playin.... evil.

I thought he was kind of strange person.  He looked a bit like Aragorn (disheveled, good looking)  but unlike Viggo there is a creepiness to his presence.

Did you suspect that he was Sauron when you first watched it? I didn't catch on to the twist in the beginning at all.  It seems that they were vaguely trying to make Sauron 'misunderstood' evil, which isn't bad if it is implemented correctly, which it was not.

I think it would have interesting if they made Galadriel & Sauron BFF & even more romantically inclined lol.  There are slight hints to that in later episodes.

my impression from reading the Simarillion is that Tolkein's concept for Sauron was not so much like the one used in Rings of Power, but someone very similar to Satan in Milton's Paradise Lost:  In human form he is attractive and charismatic & skilled in the rhetorical arts/arts of persuasion in which he used to his advantage.

11 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

I thought he was kind of strange person.  He looked a bit like Aragorn (disheveled, good looking)  but unlike Viggo there is a creepiness to his presence.

In the beginning I thought he's related to Aragorn (I think it was intended) because of the resembles in looks like you pointed out. Then he started acting... weird and my second guess was ok maybe he's related to the creepy family of Boromir 🤣

Did you suspect that he was Sauron when you first watched it? I didn't catch on to the twist in the beginning at all.  It seems that they were vaguely trying to make Sauron 'misunderstood' evil, which isn't bad if it is implemented correctly, which it was not.

It's been a while since I watched the show but at some point it was clear SOMEONE here has to be young Sauron and I was suspecting pretty much everyone but Halbrand. So yeah it kept me off guards when it was pretty obvious that it was him 🤯 I actually didn't had the feeling the show wanted me to sympathize with him besides maybe in the beginning when he acted like a somehow decent dude even though like you said something about him was off the whole time. I can't remember thinking once during the revelation "ah now I get Sauron". Normally I'm a easy target for something like that 😄 The longer I think about it the less I can't believe I did not once suspected him to be Sauron 😆

my impression from reading the Simarillion is that Tolkein's concept for Sauron was not so much like the one used in Rings of Power, but someone very similar to Satan in Milton's Paradise Lost:  In human form he is attractive and charismatic & skilled in the rhetorical arts/arts of persuasion in which he used to his advantage.

Never read the Simarillion but I actually thought this is exactly what the show did with the character!? Perfect description 😄

I actually liked the show much better than THE HOBBIT trilogy. Call me crazy.

^

It seems like Hollywood LOVES to cast young hot actors in prequels for famous villains like some psychological trick making the audience having a hard time keep in mind their -mostly future- evilness.

Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

6b5dc54cf6052d93393533a24dab8ecc56ace67c5a7afc8060cf7e71fb9dee11846808057cde41bb

Gaspard Ulliel as Hannibal Lecter

0bae72cee73026ac73edabcff0050ca4de573902

027ea168d6ef2ec34f38fc253b6f2e14a07d8497

Christian Coulson as Tom Riddle/Voldemort

39497802787a0db3dde7ea0325c98ec7407221af68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

and Tom Blyth as Coriolanus Snow/President Snow

1025a46e2cf3d3de40c5445a8a3f48e2479a2c9175abc30b5a5907fd01ab81d043d5e845bbd9ffe6

are coming straight to my mind. Mostly also turning them into some kind of love interest for some poor soul aka "I can save him" and the thirst is real. It's actually a good distraction imo because somehow evil seem to attract people in some kind of way and it's even harder to resist when it comes in a handsome face. I also think we are MUCH MORE forgivable about bad behaviour when the person who treats us badly is looking like these dudes.

866efedc22c11a8eadf1a13add82ac19e80bc502

Maybe that's a women issue I don't know.

Speaking of greed. No literary source anymore but hey let's continue nevertheless because why the heck not? :nicole:

e196ef46c8ad308f4cea2e25fcb36510b6a326e7

‘Shōgun' Season 2 is Happening

Many didn’t believe this would happen, but ‘Shōgun’ Season 2 is officially in development. Hiroyuki Sanada has closed a deal to return as Lord Yoshii Toranaga. The FX “limited series” is the most acclaimed show of 2024 — it felt like a cinematic event. The main obstacle now is to have a good story to tell — unlike the first season, there is no second book to adapt. Hopefully, it doesn’t end up like ‘Games of Thrones’ did in a similar situation.

Searching job again! I hope be called by pharmacy, not night or dirty jobs. I should be in another type of life not being ill treatment by Government, lawyers, ex partners, ex ffiends or ex boyffiends who believe do a business about me or psychopaths.

I don't even know at this point...

FiN-uk7XgAAuUD4.jpg

image.png

YAY but wtf

image.png

image.png

image.png

This entire fucking family is gross and wrong

image.pngimage.png

He's going to be beaten to death in the street by said refugee's for looking like that..

WARNING NUDITY and all kinds wtfness

On 5/12/2024 at 4:40 AM, Jade Bahr said:

Speaking of greed. No literary source anymore but hey let's continue nevertheless because why the heck not? :nicole:

‘Shōgun' Season 2 is Happening

Many didn’t believe this would happen, but ‘Shōgun’ Season 2 is officially in development. Hiroyuki Sanada has closed a deal to return as Lord Yoshii Toranaga. The FX “limited series” is the most acclaimed show of 2024 — it felt like a cinematic event. The main obstacle now is to have a good story to tell — unlike the first season, there is no second book to adapt. Hopefully, it doesn’t end up like ‘Games of Thrones’ did in a similar situation.

Hah, that's funny I saw that too.

For a while afterwards the media was all about how "Shogun" would be the last one and then it took a sharp turn because the show was way too successful...  

On 5/11/2024 at 4:29 AM, Jade Bahr said:

In the beginning I thought he's related to Aragorn (I think it was intended) because of the resembles in looks like you pointed out. Then he started acting... weird and my second guess was ok maybe he's related to the creepy family of Boromir 🤣

It's been a while since I watched the show but at some point it was clear SOMEONE here has to be young Sauron and I was suspecting pretty much everyone but Halbrand. So yeah it kept me off guards when it was pretty obvious that it was him 🤯 I actually didn't had the feeling the show wanted me to sympathize with him besides maybe in the beginning when he acted like a somehow decent dude even though like you said something about him was off the whole time. I can't remember thinking once during the revelation "ah now I get Sauron". Normally I'm a easy target for something like that 😄 The longer I think about it the less I can't believe I did not once suspected him to be Sauron 😆

Never read the Simarillion but I actually thought this is exactly what the show did with the character!? Perfect description 😄

I actually liked the show much better than THE HOBBIT trilogy. Call me crazy.

Halbrand did and said all sorts of stuff that is inconsistent with a traditional hero 😛  His whole relationship with Galadriel was kind of weird, like a friend but not a friend.

I was about to say that Sauron (who is a shapeshifter- was like a hidden agent among the elves) is now obviously a feature of the S2 trailer.  He is now an elf instead of a human.  I think the LOTR game got it right, he was supposed to look like this.  Sephiroth from FFVII also reminds me of Sauron visually: 

the-lord-of-the-rings-sauron-annatar-heaFF-Sephiroth.jpg

On 5/11/2024 at 4:42 AM, Jade Bahr said:

^

It seems like Hollywood LOVES to cast young hot actors in prequels for famous villains like some psychological trick making the audience having a hard time keep in mind their -mostly future- evilness.

Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader

Gaspard Ulliel as Hannibal Lecter

Christian Coulson as Tom Riddle/Voldemort

and Tom Blyth as Coriolanus Snow/President Snow

are coming straight to my mind. Mostly also turning them into some kind of love interest for some poor soul aka "I can save him" and the thirst is real. It's actually a good distraction imo because somehow evil seem to attract people in some kind of way and it's even harder to resist when it comes in a handsome face. I also think we are MUCH MORE forgivable about bad behaviour when the person who treats us badly is looking like these dudes.

Maybe that's a women issue I don't know.

I think you hit the nail on the head with Vickers and all these other examples.  They intentionally cast attractive men who also have a certain strangeness in their appearance and presence- which removes them from being a traditional hero.   Basically the usual 'bad boy' thing .

Anakin was initially good but his makeup, appearance etc changed progressively as he turned 'bad'- which by the end of revenge of the sith included the evil eyes and dark circles undernealth his eyes.