Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

Thanks guys for sharing. Eos, i totally see what you mean about her former qualities related her eyes. I agree with you and fashionmistake that both her lips and eyes changed in shape as she aged. I would say for me the third dramatic change is to her nose, how much smaller it got over the years.

And as to her slightly heavy, sleepy eyelids from the past - I think it is an eastern feature and she does have Mordovian roots as she mentioned (ethnicity that reside near Volga-river) :)

But yeah, her face transformed.

Thank you acfr1968. Reading the clippings from the Russian Harper's Bazaar made me teary. I am not a religious person but if they are there, may gods smile upon Natalia for all her work and make her path easier. So many children in Russia benefit from this woman's single life.

and I was not trying to sound dramatic. This is just what I feel.

I would say for me the third dramatic change is to her nose, how much smaller it got over the years.

Do you think she had a surgery ...?

Thank you acfr1968 ! From what you say Pautinka, it makes me feel like reading it. I wish I could read russian...

I don't think she has had any surgery at all, Eos. Natalia has said more than once that what changed her face and her body was the birth of her son, Lucas. According to her, because she had to go back to work soon after, and I think her weight issues were quicking in at that time, she shed a lot of weight. She once referred to it as losing her "baby fat". The result is that, from Lucas' birth onwards, she looked more like a woman, less like a teenager (in the sense that her body and facial features became less girlie and round shaped). That's when her career went supernova. I think she's right. After Lucas's birth, her changes were significant and she got what today is her trademark look: this angelic girl-woman appeal that is pretty unique in the business.

Thank you acfr1968. Reading the clippings from the Russian Harper's Bazaar made me teary. I am not a religious person but if they are there, may gods smile upon Natalia for all her work and make her path easier. So many children in Russia benefit from this woman's single life.

and I was not trying to sound dramatic. This is just what I feel.

You're welcome... although, really, I should thank ANV. I'm always looting that blog. And Flickr. :whistle:

I'm not religious either, pautinka, but - if there's a God - may God bless her. Not only for what she's doing for all these children, but also for being who she is. I just find it amazing the way Natalia looks at her life and her past, not with sorrow, not with anger, not with regret, but with the sense that whatever happened to her made her the person who she is. She could say, that was a nightmare and I survived it, and I don't want to think about it anymore. Amazingly, she doesn't. Sometimes, when I'm feeling down, I think of her and I feel ashamed to mope around. I'm not a child in Russia, I most probably won't play in these fantastic playgrounds, but I'm already benefiting from this woman's role model. Really cool.

I absolutely feel the same way you do. :wave:

Yeh, I know she lost much weight after Lucas's birth, but I was talking about her nose - how can a nose grow thinner ? :p but anyway she probably lost her baby fat as you said even on the face, and not only after Lucas's birth (and actually we can't see many photos of her before having Lucas) but after 2005/2006. I don't think either she did surgery, that's not her style.

Yeh, I know she lost much weight after Lucas's birth, but I was talking about her nose - how can a nose grow thinner ? :p but anyway she probably lost her baby fat as you said even on the face, and not only after Lucas's birth (and actually we can't see many photos of her before having Lucas) but after 2005/2006. I don't think either she did surgery, that's not her style.

Yes, absolutely. A nose can grow thinner. You face features may change dramatically with weight loss.

On top of that, Natalia is maturing. With age, your face change, it's part of the ageing process. People don't realize that, but it's true. When Natalia's first model pictures appeared, she was a teenager - she's almost 30 now. So, we're not only looking at a girl who became a mother of three and managed to keep her weight down, but also at a girl who became a woman. I think these are the two key factors. Her changes look natural to me. Besides, you've got a point, I don't think surgery is her style, either.

I am certainly not an expert but I do not think that there was ever any surgery involved. Natalia said so in interviews, but also with so much success at different stages of her career - why would she need to? I recall very well also her referencing weight loss after Lukas' birth and what changes it caused - loss of baby fat. The sleepy hooded eyes modified into more regular shape, the somewhat broad nose and its bridge got thinner.

As a side note, my little son is now 18 mons old. And within 2 mons after his birth I was 30 lbs less than before pregnancy without doing anything other than breastfeeding (almost 60 lbs loss if pregnancy weight counted). This is not to stray from the topic but just to demonstrate that bodies are capable of transforming drastically due to natural reasons, that's all. and yes, the hair fall-out and stress, that Natalia mentioned, is all true and she never lied.

ANV Interview with Natalia Vodianova, Lo Wear and Accessories, Russia, Spring-Summer 2009. In Russian.

(Facebook)

Lo — производитель одежды / Франшиза одежды, франчайзинг / Продажа одежды оптом

www.locompany.net

post-43687-1290633336_thumb.jpg post-43687-1290633342_thumb.jpg post-43687-1290633347_thumb.jpg

post-43687-1290633354_thumb.jpg post-43687-1290633361_thumb.jpg