Bellazon

Natalia Vodianova
Thumbnail

Evelyn

I'm also eager to see how Natalia will do all these things, prepare herself, in front of the mirror, prepare the house...haha so funny to see her do that I guess. Was also wondering about the sex scenes...explicite or implicite :whistle: ? And last but not least, the embarassing scenes of the end........

Yes, hope the scenes have been written in a subtle way, with the touch of humor which is in the book...

About the love scenes, I hope it won't be done in the american way (nothing shown under the clavicles !), and not too implicite, because it's a very important part of the story, but I also hope they will not show it in a too romantic way...

About the "embarassing scenes", maybe they will only show the pictures, in little... I'm really curious to see how they will do the scene in Marseille, at the end of the book, when Solal got crazy about Ariane's first lover, and when they change from one hostel to another... it's very intense and terrible, but I think really interesting - and challenging- to play...

Yes, hope the scenes have been written in a subtle way, with the touch of humor which is in the book...

About the love scenes, I hope it won't be done in the american way (nothing shown under the clavicles !), and not too implicite, because it's a very important part of the story, but I also hope they will not show it in a too romantic way...

About the "embarassing scenes", maybe they will only show the pictures, in little... I'm really curious to see how they will do the scene in Marseille, at the end of the book, when Solal got crazy about Ariane's first lover, and when they change from one hostel to another... it's very intense and terrible, but I think really interesting - and challenging- to play...

Absolutely - the Marseille scenes are very intense, very heartbreaking. They will be tough for Natalia, I think, because they will require a good dramatic range. I'm curious to see how it plays out.

About the love scenes... well... if the producers want to avoid the R rating at all costs, they'll consider subtlety. It will all come down to what the project is really about.

Absolutely - the Marseille scenes are very intense, very heartbreaking. They will be tough for Natalia, I think, because they will require a good dramatic range. I'm curious to see how it plays out.

About the love scenes... well... if the producers want to avoid the R rating at all costs, they'll consider subtlety. It will all come down to what the project is really about.

About Natalia's ability to play dramatic scenes, I think she will be good... If you haven't seen it, you could take a look at Bruce Weber clip for the Pet Shop Boys "I Get Along". She is playing in it, and her "character" is quite different of what Ariane will be, but she is quite intense...

About the love scenes, I hope it will stay in the spirit of the book and that the commercial aspect won't be the most important regarding the choice of how to do it...

I stumbled upon this old article from Vanity Fair January 2005, and wanted to post it here now because of this quote from Bruce Weber.

He said: " I really wish Truffaut were alive because he would love putting her in a movie", which is not a little compliment, knowing that Truffaut has been of the most influential french movie director, and that Weber himself is a movie-director (he has directed a movie about jazzman Chet Baker that has achieved great success with critics).

vanityfairjanuary05005.jpg

About Natalia's ability to play dramatic scenes, I think she will be good... If you haven't seen it, you could take a look at Bruce Weber clip for the Pet Shop Boys "I Get Along". She is playing in it, and her "character" is quite different of what Ariane will be, but she is quite intense...

About the love scenes, I hope it will stay in the spirit of the book and that the commercial aspect won't be the most important regarding the choice of how to do it...

Yeah, I've seen the clip and, like yourself, I think she'll be good, too. In truth, we see her act all the time. Her presence in editorials is mesmerizing, not only because of her beauty, but also because she gets into the character. Besides, Natalia is a go-getter, a challenge taker; I'm sure she's giving her soul to this project. It's just that Ariane is a tough beginning for someone who has just got her first lead role. My admiration for her grows by the day.

My hope is that they stay true to the book and that the commercial aspects won't play a major part in the final cut. You've taken the words out of my mouth. :mellow:

I stumbled upon this old article from Vanity Fair January 2005, and wanted to post it here now because of this quote from Bruce Weber.

He said: " I really wish Truffaut were alive because he would love putting her in a movie", which is not a little compliment, knowing that Truffaut has been of the most influential french movie director, and that Weber himself is a movie-director (he has directed a movie about jazzman Chet Baker that has achieved great success with critics).

vanityfairjanuary05005.jpg

Perfect! Thank you! :hug:

She is so so so beautiful !!! I guess people who don't really know her will be totally amazed to see such a beauty on screens ! :wub:

And I didn't know Weber had said that about her and Truffaut, that's a very good thing confirming her acting talent !

One of my favourite scene in Belle is when she is waiting for Solal and takes a walk in the streets, totally delighted, seeing everything as just marvellous, with this atmosphere of pure bliss....I'm eager to see this with Natalia :wub:

She is so so so beautiful !!! I guess people who don't really know her will be totally amazed to see such a beauty on screens ! :wub:

And I didn't know Weber had said that about her and Truffaut, that's a very good thing confirming her acting talent !

One of my favourite scene in Belle is when she is waiting for Solal and takes a walk in the streets, totally delighted, seeing everything as just marvellous, with this atmosphere of pure bliss....I'm eager to see this with Natalia :wub:

Oh yeah, this is one of my favorite extract too, and she is wearing her new dress...

I'm very impatient to see if they will "translate" all the monologues by an off-voice, or if the characters will speak to themselves... Because for example for the scenes in the bath, the secund option could even work best...

Grazia (France) #64, 19 Nov 2010

by ANV :heart:

post-43687-1290179151_thumb.jpg post-43687-1290179243_thumb.jpg post-43687-1290179880_thumb.jpg

I've just sent a message to ANV, asking what they thought of that Grazia note. Claudio answered me back saying that criticism is all to be expected, since Belle du Seigneur is a beloved classic and everyone has a preconceived idea of Ariane. But, and I quote: 'I think she'll win people over, provided that people are not too rooted in their prejudices'.