Bellazon

Cindy Crawford
Thumbnail

Marsnoop

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...l/article.html

15-August-2008

Cindy Crawford has joked she used to wonder where her cape was when people called her a Supermodel.

The stunning 42-year-old mother of two was part of the original group of elite catwalk models in the 80s, but has revealed she thought the name was a bit over the top.

Cindy said: "I always felt Supermodel was such a funny word because it implied to me a superheroes with capes. But, I do think that I feel very fortunate to have been part of that group with Christy Turlington and Claudia Schiffer and Linda Evangelista and Naomi Campbell."

The brunette beauty - who this year was ranked number three in VH1's 40 Hottest Hotties of the 90s - talked about her the memorable moment of her modelling career.

She said: "I think probably my biggest iconic moment was during a Gianni Versace show when Gianni was still alive and a group of us had all just done a George Michael video and they played that music in the show and we all walked out together to it. It was like me and Christy and I think Linda and Naomi and it was just like that moment that was larger than life. I mean I have so many great memories of working with Helmet Newton and doing Vogue covers and fashion shows but that one Versace show was kinda of that moment when you're like 'yeah this is it'."