Bellazon

Kate Upton
Thumbnail

allus6ka

This girl is absolutely stunning and amazing. Enjoyed her SI swimsuit photos, really liking her lingerie photos.

Shame about the whole hooking up with Kanye West thing. That kinda ruins the whole image thing. Like when Adriana Lima was engaged to Lenny Kravitz, almost ruined it for everyone.

This girl is absolutely stunning and amazing. Enjoyed her SI swimsuit photos, really liking her lingerie photos.

Shame about the whole hooking up with Kanye West thing. That kinda ruins the whole image thing. Like when Adriana Lima was engaged to Lenny Kravitz, almost ruined it for everyone.

Dude, I'd jump in jubilation if she was banging Lenny instead of Kanye. At least he's not such a gigantic douchebag!

Catching Up With Model Kate Upton

Last fall, I had the chance to meet Kate Upton, a fast-rising young model, who was about to become a name among sports fans. Upton was tabbed to become one of the prestigious few to pose in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Issue.

Since the issue came out in February, in which she appeared in a small photo on the cover (a rarity for a rookie model), Upton has tugged at the heart strings of men across the country.

I recently caught up with her as the world continued to talk about not only her good looks, but also about her bubbly personality.

Darren: You came out of nowhere to be as on fire as you are now. How did you get into modeling, who discovered you, and tell us where you appeared before SI?

Kate: I always wanted to try modeling and was scouted at the age of 12, but I was very involved in the American Paint Horse Association horse circuit at that time. My parents really wanted me to wait a few years. At the age of 15, I drove down to Miami (I lived in Melbourne, Fla., at that time) with hopes of finding an agency. I met with an agency at open call and they were interested and signed me that day. I worked in Miami for lots of international companies and traveled back and forth from Europe constantly.

Darren: How did Sports Illustrated notice you?

Kate: After I signed with IMG they sent pictures over to SI to see if they would meet with me and they said they would. They set up an appointment with me, and I was so excited to find out later that day that they wanted me to shoot for the issue.

Darren: You are a so called "rookie" but you appeared in a small image on the cover. Did you notice your fame skyrocket after the issue? If so, how could you tell?

Kate: I did notice a difference and, even though I had been the face of Guess, that is what makes Sports Illustrated such a special client. It puts a name with the face and allows people to know who you are. Sports Illustrated also likes to bring the models' personalities into the issue by making the photos about the girls and not about the actual product.

Darren: What are all the companies you are currently working for? Has anyone else called you since SI?

Kate: I am the face of Guess. I work for numerous bathing suit and lingerie lines, and I have worked with Victoria's Secret. Hopefully, I will be in 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. (She better be!!!!!! :chicken:!)

Darren: You have one of the most impressive model websites we've ever seen. Whose idea was that and who works on it?

Kate: I met Jerome Duran through a friend down in Miami while on a shoot there. He does a lot of websites for people, and I loved some of the other sites he has done so I was excited for him to do one for me. My intro video was done by Yu Tsai while shooting my Guess lingerie campaign.

Darren: We know your sister works for the Jets. How much of a sports fan are you? Can you, did you, play any sports?

Kate: I love going to sporting events. They have so much energy and are always fun. Before modeling, I was a competitive equestrian and I showed at a national level for the American Paint Horse Association. I won five world titles and was number three in the nation.

Darren: Wow. So you go to a Clippers game with fellow model Damaris Lewis and Arash Markazi of ESPN.com. What happens next?

Kate: I always wanted to learn how to "Dougie" because it is one of my favorite songs to work out to. Damaris agreed to teach me the night before. We were explaining the learning process to Arash when the song came on at the game. So he pulled out his videophone.

Darren: So Arash posts it on Twitter and all of a sudden everyone is looking at it. When Arash and I talked about it, it was at 17,000 views. The next thing I knew it was at 350,000 views. Why do you think this got so big?

Kate: I am not actually sure why it went so big. Must be my amazing "Dougie" skills!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42552715