Bellazon

Star Trek (2009)

TooBoku

yes, Chekov was suppsoed to be younger than the rest of them. he was brought in to try and get the teen demographic, specifically the teen girls, as they wanted someone that looked like Davey Jones. (go figure)

That and they had to have someone for some comic relief. Who knew he would turn into a beloved character (original).

yes, Chekov was suppsoed to be younger than the rest of them. he was brought in to try and get the teen demographic, specifically the teen girls, as they wanted someone that looked like Davey Jones. (go figure)

To be fair to original Chekov, he did suffer some stressful times. Apart from the Alien-like creature he got in his ear in II, he also (if I remember rightly) fell off the ship in IV. That would age anyone by a few years. :laugh:

The ear bugs still give me the creeps also. Chekov did have it rough at times but I can't think of a better weapons officer.

As much as I like the Kahn, and in a way would like to see more, not sure if a sequel about him would work. Who could play that part as good as Ricardo Montalban.

As much as I like the Kahn, and in a way would like to see more, not sure if a sequel about him would work. Who could play that part as good as Ricardo Montalban.

The potential for it to go wrong could be pretty high. They'll probably have a similar theme to the first movie with a new villain leading a familiar group of enemies.