Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Ancelotti adamant AC Milan won't sell Kaka

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti insists there's no chance of Kaka being sold in the summer.

Kaka was linked with a shock multi-swap move to Real Madrid last week, but Ancelotti insisted after yesterday's victory over Livorno: "It all comes down to image. Kaka is a great symbol for Milan and it is for that reason he will stay here.

"Kaka was down today. He's struggling a little bit, but for everyone at Milan it's been a difficult season."

AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka gets Italian citizenship

Brazil playmaker Kaka is now Italian.

The AC Milan midfielder received Italian citizenship Monday at the Milan prefecture. "It is an honour. Now I am an Italian and a Brazilian," Kaka said. "I am really very happy. This helps me, and perhaps this will help Milan."

The new citizenship will make Kaka eligible to appear for Milan as a European Union player, freeing up a place in the squad for a non-EU player. He will not be eligible for the Italian squad, however, because he has already played for Brazil.

The midfielder was a member of the Brazilian team that won its fifth World Cup title in 2002 in South Korea and Japan, and a starter for the squad that reached the quarter-finals of last year's tournament.

The 25-year-old Brazilian has become an indisputable starter for Brazil in recent years, and has been constantly summoned by coach Dunga.

Kaka, whose full name is Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite, played with Brazil for the first time in January 2002 in a friendly against Bolivia. He has scored 16 goals in 46 matches with the national team.

He also played for the country's Olympic and under-20 teams, including at the 2001 World Youth Championship.

Kaka: AC Milan best place for rejuvenated Ronaldo

Kaka believes AC Milan can help new teammate Ronaldo to fall in love with the game again.

Ronaldo made his debut in Sunday's victory over Livorno and Kaka said: "It was beautiful to see Ronaldo on the field with Milan. I saw him many times sad and down in the dumps, but here at Milan, now, I see him happy and excited about playing again.

"He already did some beautiful things in the game yesterday and we hope to see also his first goal soon."

Celtic-Milan

GOALKEEPERS: Storari, Kalac, Fiori;

DEFENDERS: Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Costacurta, Simic, Jankulovski, Bonera, Oddo;

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Di Gennaro.