Bellazon

Kaká
Thumbnail

Vanessinha

Kaka makes Ronaldinho call

Milan’s Brazilian sensation Kaka has urged owner Silvio Berlusconi to bring Selecao teammate Ronaldinho to the San Siro.

“If Ronnie wants to move in the summer I hope that Milan sign him,” the ex-Sao Paolo forward told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Football goes in cycles. I don’t know how Barcelona will finish the season, but after three years being the best in Europe they’ve reached the peak and not everyone will want to stay for the next cycle.”

The Rossoneri were linked with Ronaldinho in the summer, but no move was made despite rumours that a deal worth in excess of £50m was set to be tabled.

However, recent reports of discord amongst the Barcelona ranks and a feud with Samuel Eto’o have reignited speculation that El Mago may be looking for a new challenge in the summer.

The arrival of fellow Brazilian star Ronaldo may have improved the Diavoli’s chances of luring the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year and has certainly met with approval from Kaka.

“Everyone’s delighted to have him here,” he insisted.

“When people were saying he was fat and a faded force I was always impressed by him when we played for the national side.”

Kaka also took time to address another fellow countryman receiving a less favourable Press in recent weeks.

“Adriano wants to have fun but he needs to learn what you can and can’t do,” he admitted.

“It’s not for me to say that my lifestyle is right or that anyone else’s is wrong, but I know that I’ve decided to live like I do because I know my limits and I do a job which depends on my body.”

Real make new Kaka bid

Real Madrid have made a fresh and ambitious offer for Milan sensation Kaka, according to reports.

The Brazilian star is known to be Real’s primary summer transfer target and they’ve formulated yet another offer to test Milan’s resolve.

Stories in the peninsula on Friday morning are claiming that the Madrid giants are ready to offer a tempting player plus cash bid which would have to be evaluated.

Chief Ramon Calderon has reportedly given the green light for Real to offer Fabio Cannavaro and Mahamadou Diarra, plus around £20m, for the former Sao Paulo ace.

As an added incentive, Real are also prepared to sign Kaka’s brother Digao, who is currently playing in defence for Rimini after joining the club on loan from the Rossoneri.

Netting Cannavaro and Diarra plus such an amount of cash would normally be welcomed by the Italian giants, but seemingly not if Kaka were to be sacrificed.

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has constantly insisted that the fantasista is untouchable at any price.

The attacking midfielder again underlined his ability in the midweek 0-0 draw at Palermo in Serie A.

Although he did miss a first half penalty, the Selecao regular was immense at the Stadio Barbera in spells.

The 1982-born starlet joined the Via Turati outfit in August 2003 after Chelsea were pipped to his signature.

MILAN-CHIEVO

KEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari;

DEFENDERS: Bonera, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Oddo, Simic;

MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf;

STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

KAKA’ CONFIRMS

Ricky Kakà wants all the Rossoneri fans to know how important they are to the squad

MILANELLO – Milanello was alight with sunshine, smiles and good times this afternoon. However appearances can be deceiving because there was also plenty of hard work and the right amount of tension ahead of Wednesday’s game against Celtic.

Kakà spoke on Milan Channel about how he is feeling ahead of the Champions League match: ‘I am feeling good. I am charged up. Traditionally the Champions League is a different experience. This is especially so this year with the Champions League, today more than ever, our primary objective of the season. We all feel the necessity to prepare really well for this game and we are finding the confirmation that we are looking for in the various pre-game training session.’

He then went on to speak about Celtic’s weak points: ‘Above all we must think about ourselves. We played a good game in Glasgow and we must give the same performance at the San Siro and add some goals. We must take advantage of their weak points and try to play the same game as the first leg but even better. I admire Celtic’s Nakamura in a certain way. He is a very good and intelligent player. As for the rest, their strong points are set pieces and long distance headers. He is good at priming both of these things.’

Last but not least, Kakà spoke about the fans: ‘I don’t know why the fans didn’t chant during the game on Saturday night against Chievo, but it is really strange playing without their chorus in the background. I am happy that at the end they chanted and said that they support us always. Perhaps they don’t know this, but the fans are really important to us.’

Kaka wants fans' support

Milan star Kaka is optimistic ahead of the Champions League tie with Celtic and hopes in the fans’ support.

Carlo Ancelotti’s side hosts the Scottish team on Wednesday at the San Siro after the goalless draw in the first leg in Glasgow.

The Rossonero is looking forward to playing in a crowded stadium following UEFA’s confirmation that there would be an official capacity of 67,500 for the match.

“We are all ready for this game, the Champions League is always a special competition and this year it is even more so,” Kaka told Milan Channel.

“We can feel the importance of the tournament and we know that we have to give our all for this match,” added the Brazilian.

There are more than 20,000 tickets yet unsold for Wednesday’s clash, but Kaka hopes that there will be a large crowd to cheer the side on.

“I don’t know why they didn’t sing during Saturday’s match with Chievo, it was a really strange feeling.

“I am glad they then decided to cheer us on. They might not be aware of it, but I want our fans to know that they are very important for us,” explained the 24-year-old.

“We must focus only on ourselves. We played well in Glasgow and we must try to repeat that performance.

“I mainly fear Shunsuke Nakamura, he is a strong and intelligent player. Celtic are dangerous on free kicks and high crosses and he is very good at both,” concluded Kaka.

The match at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza will kick-off at 8.45pm local time and will be refereed by Konrad Plautz of Austria.

Milan Ace Kaka Fears Naka

AC Milan playmaker Kaka has identified Shunsuke Nakamura as the big threat to the Rossoneri's chances of beating Celtic in the Champions League at the San Siro on Wednesday evening.

The Japanese midfielder provides Celtic with a cultured delivery from dead-ball situations and an educated touch in midfield and, despite failing to find top gear in the first leg of the last-16 clash at Parkhead, Kaka saw enough of Nakamura to be afraid.

His most menacing moment came when a free-kick was comfortably dealt with by Zeljko Kalac, but the 28-year-old former Reggina player was in devastating form earlier in this season's competition.

"In the Celtic team, I particularly rate Nakamura, who is a very good and intelligent player," said Kaka.

"The main strength of the rest is set-pieces and aerial challenges. He [Nakamura] is good at priming them for both things."

Celtic were due to fly out to Italy on Tuesday morning, while legions of supporters, many without tickets or else with seats reserved in the home sections of the San Siro, will be in Italy to watch their glory bid.

Police warnings are likely to go unheeded by many after several thousand Hoops supporters purchased tickets for areas of the stadium reserved for Italians fans.

Celtic followers have been warned they could be arrested if they attempt to gain entry to sections other than those set aside for the visitors.

After installing new turnstiles to meet stricter security requirements in Italy, Milan were authorised to stage the match in front of 67,500 people. However, they have struggled to sell tickets.

A crowd around the 50,000 mark looks likely unless there is a late rush on tickets, and Kaka is hoping the home faithful are louder than during Saturday's 3-1 win over Chievo in Serie A.

The Brazilian insists there is no doubt about the team's readiness and has urged supporters to rise to the occasion.

Kaka told the Milan Channel: "I feel good and I'm ready. The Champions League is always something different but this year, more than ever, it is our season's main objective.

"I don't know why [the fans] didn't sing during Saturday night's match with Chievo. It was strange to play without their singing.

"I'm happy they were singing at the end and they said they were always on our side. Perhaps they don't know it, but I say this to our fans: you are very important to us."

Celtic would go through to the quarter-finals with a victory or any sort of score draw, and former Hoops goalkeeper Gordon Marshall believes Parkhead's current number one Artur Boruc will be in for a busy night.

Marshall said: "Artur will be key for Celtic. Milan have proved they are a quality side and, although they didn't create many chances at Celtic Park, I'm sure it will be different in the San Siro.

"Boruc's defensive colleagues will all need to be on their toes over there."

MILAN-CELTIC: OFFICIAL LINE-UPS

Milan (4-4-1-1): Dida; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf; Kakà; Inzaghi.

Celtic (4-4-2): Boruc; Telfer, McManus, O'Dea, Naylor; Nakamura, Lennon, Sno, McGeady; Jarosik, Vennegoor of Hesselink.