Bellazon

The Bitch Thread

Legion

There is always a way out, and killing your self is one of the most selfish, stupid, weak, and insideous things you could ever do to yourself, your family and your friends. I think you're a cool kid, and if you were to do that, I would lose all respect and have no sympathy for you what so ever. TOO MANY of people I have befriended have killed themselves, and it is such a sickening feeling... It just pains me so much, don't do it man.

I swear to you, life is a shitty roller coaster that is way overrated, too expensive, too fast, too bumpy, and too short. Don't make it shorter and more shitty for everyone else. You will have highs and lows, but seriously, you're still alive, and I know personally that you have friends that care, and your family loves you no matter how bad you fuck up. Just meditate man. :(

For starters, until you have felt the way someone who is seriously considering suicide has felt, I don't think you should judge their actions as selfish, weak and insidious. You don't know what it feels like to be that person and what they can and cannot handle. Often times, people literally feel like there's no where they can turn. They're afraid of being judged if they talk about their problems, and don't always have the resources/funds to get therapy that could help them. I'm not advocating for suicide but it seems that your opinion on it comes from your own experience of having to deal with losing people rather than from being at rock bottom yourself. Secondly, you are not taking into account the people with mental illness who may not even have the mental faculties to make a good judgment call when considering suicide. Having dealt with and learned about people with psychoses, I can tell you that the whole "Life is a shitty rollercoaster" speech doesn't do much for them.

I'm trying to keep someone I would consider a friend from killing themselves, don't jump on my case. I have been at "rock bottom", I'm not going into it because it is still something I deal with. But I got over it( for the most part) and I'm trying to move on. But she appreciated what I said. I'm not trying to start shit with you, since you already hate me, but I'm not going to stand for someone getting mad at me, for trying to help.

Damn I post slow, delete this if you want.

Edited by lazy01001

I'm trying to keep someone I would consider a friend from killing themselves, don't jump on my case. I have been at "rock bottom", I'm not going into it because it is still something I deal with. But I got over it( for the most part) and I'm trying to move on. But she appreciated what I said. I'm not trying to start shit with you, since you already hate me, but I'm not going to stand for someone getting mad at me, for trying to help.

Damn I post slow, delete this if you want.

First of all, I'm not "jumping on your case." You've expressed this same opinion regarding suicide before and I am now expressing mine. And even though you have been at rock bottom, that still doesn't entitle you to presume you have ANY idea what other people are going through. You will NEVER know. That's the point. You cannot step into someone else's shoes and truly know what they are feeling and going through or how much they can handle. You can take a guess, you can approximate, but trust me you don't know. You're not trying to start shit with me? Could've fooled me. Your response suggests otherwise.

Oh and one more thing, DO get over yourself - I don't hate you. You are not worth it.

I agree, everyone goes through so many emotionaly draining, and stressful situations every day; no wonder most people are just ticking time bombs. And mental illness does have a large part to play in suicide, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't at least TRY to do my part. It just kills me inside for someone to be so depressed, and hate themselves so much that they would consider killing themselves, I want to do anything I can to help. Downfall I know, it could potentially ruin me, but I can't just chill and ignore it. :(

I agree, everyone goes through so many emotionaly draining, and stressful situations every day; no wonder most people are just ticking time bombs. And mental illness does have a large part to play in suicide, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't at least TRY to do my part. It just kills me inside for someone to be so depressed, and hate themselves so much that they would consider killing themselves, I want to do anything I can to help. Downfall I know, it could potentially ruin me, but I can't just chill and ignore it. :(

By all means, DO try to do your part. Be there for the people who need you, and if someone "jokes" about suicide, take them seriously. But telling the person that their desire to kill themselves is selfish and cowardly is not necessarily the way to go. It could result in that person not wanting to share their problems anymore, and that could be far more damaging. If you take an approach of reminding them of the help that is out there, and that you're there for them, I can't guarantee that they won't kill themselves but I think it's more helpful than passing judgment on them. :flower:

Ture, they did stress that at school... But I got a little carried away, because I like her. I do consider her a friend, and my emotions got ahold of me, and I had to say what happens, from my meager personal experience. Families are tortured, friends are reminded daily that their loved one is gone forever, and boyfriends/girlfriends have a part of their heart ripped out, stomped on, and set on fire everytime they have even the slightest memory.

And helping out a person who seriously considers suicide is no easy feat. One of my best friends in HS when through a spell where she self-mutilated, had an eating disorder and a failed attempt at suicide. She struggled to come to terms with herself for almost two years. I'm glad to say that she eventually was able to climb out of the dark place she was apparently in. Thing is, as a friend you feel pretty useless. On the other hand, apparently it was easier for her to talk to her friends than it was talking to her parents and psychologist.