Bellazon

Guess The Movie Screenshot

Michael*

^Gotta be Aliens then? :D

Which scene is it? I can't even tell what's going on in the picture <_<

Correct!

It's from the opening scene of Aliens, right before the camera pans over to Ripley int he cryogenic chamber.

i have never even seen the movie [or movies, for that matter] how crazy good is that ? ahahah :laugh:

there are so many of them - aliens, alien resurrection, alien vs. predator, alien this alien that... i'm kinda proud of myself for recognizing a movie i never saw/don't like :rofl:

^Alien 3 is so underrated :ninja:

But yeah, the first two are dead cert classics.

They're not all that dated really, perhaps apart from some of the hairdos. Most of the special effects stand up pretty well today. Partly because the creature and vehicle effects are physically based (i.e. miniatures, suits, animatronics), plus they were shot with a lot of style and moody lighting. Also because they were shot by A-grade visionary directors. Some of the composite work might look a little dodgy by today's standards, but still.

What's more, Giger's design for the alien creature itself, and his whole twisted artistic flair which inspired the aesthetic for the first film is purely masterful.

Well worth the watch indeed!

there are so many of them - aliens, alien resurrection, alien vs. predator, alien this alien that... i'm kinda proud of myself for recognizing a movie i never saw/don't like :rofl:

Just watch the original trilogy and ignore the rest. Also be sure to watch the first Predator movie if you haven't already.

looks quite dated tho right? :ninja:

Donbot is spot on. In 10 years, perhaps even less, Avatar will look way more dated than the Alien films today.

• 2 weeks later...