Bellazon

Shanina Shaik
Thumbnail

taniixx

Naomi Watts has been announced the face of Ann Taylor and Chanel Iman is the face of Ann Taylor LOFT, bad news for Shanina. I really hope she was not cut from this as well, how disappointing :(, why does everything she do get cut? so frustrating. Hopefully there will be good news soon :)

so, they so pick big names to represent those brands, not some new comers...huh :blink:

i actually thought she had booked it. :(

what's frustrating is all those false commentaries spread around the net, mostly by shanina's relatives and sometimes friends who post onto the fashion forums under alias :(

it's sad because they post false info to make her look good, what they dont realize is that once the actual campaign is out, we'll all see she isnt in it and therefore, they make shanina and themselves look bad and unreliable.

I just heard something really funny and thought to post it:

Tyson apparently took Shanina to some club in NYC, just recently, and Shanina was standing too close to some candels behind her and her hair got on fire!!! :rofl:

I think the person who said exaggerated jsut a lil bit, and Im sure she still has hair, but I hope she is okay...haha

She may have shot for an Ann Taylor catalogue. I don't believe she shot Revlon though she did a small tutorial for Maybelline.

I don't even think she shot for their catalogue. New images are coming out for both lines and she is not in any of them. Hopefully there are more to be released and she will pop up, but the chances are very slim :(

what bet you wanna place for fashion week? lool

im thinking, she wont show up in more than 2 shows (i dont count presentations, where she usually appears)

i wonder if she will FINALLY TRY and walk maybe London FW?? wont be bad...instead of keep partying in NY

what bet you wanna place for fashion week? lool

im thinking, she wont show up in more than 2 shows (i dont count presentations, where she usually appears)

i wonder if she will FINALLY TRY and walk maybe London FW?? wont be bad...instead of keep partying in NY

I agree, she will likely do NY (mostly presentations :(). I doubt London. She is with Premier management.

Premier has 2 main divisions :

Premier Division (40-50 models): this includes big names like Karmen Pedaru, Julia Nobis, Tao Okamoto, Hannah Holman

Women (150-200 models): Shanina is in this division, this consists of commercial models.

So the likelihood of her obtaining a showcard is very unlikely since only a few girls get a showcard from the women division. Those who walk the shows are mainly from the premier division. Plus her walk is very poor and needs some serious fixing. Plus another factor is her height, I know her agency lists her a 5'9, but I think we all know she is bellow this. I hate saying this but lets face it, If she can't book shows in NY (the easiest place to book shows), then how is she going to book shows in Europe. Hopefully she can prove me wrong. :)

^agree about NY being the easiest fashion capital to book shows.

someone on tFS (who knws her) confirmed she is 5'7, so the height debate is over.

also, i doubt that NYModels will sign her again for another 3-years. her contract must expire soon, so i dont know what other agency will sign her.

she had tried IMG , but obviously didnt get it, since their level is higher...not to talk about ELITE or Ford or even Wilhemina.

NYModels are famous for booking leftovers from realty shows, where the competitiors wouldnt find any other way to sign with an agency, other than them.

Trump has some good models (Atuai Deng, Ashley Smith, Lisa Cant). They are not IMG but for a newcomer they are not bad. Better than New York Model Management in my opinion. To be honest I cannot see Shanina going anywhere in the international modeling world. She should go back to Australia and work her way up from there. Maybe switch agencies to Chic? Chadwicks is good but not the best. The top girls are with Chic. But she might not suit them. Either way she should abandon the New York scene and head home.

She is on their main board :)

Her contarct expires so they must...

Shanina is in a divison called 'main board', this does not contain the big models though. The big division at NYM contains sigrid, sedene, jeneil williams,masha, olga sheer, patricia v. Shanina is not on this board so technically she is in their 2nd division. They are not going drop her, there is absolutely no reason to do this. She has done heaps of commercial work. Just because a lot of her work is not posted, dosen't mean theres not any. She could be doing a lot of work and she is not getting the credit, there could be so much out there, but we can't find it :)

i actually think that by coming to NY she ruined her chances for OZ. and that scandal where she cheated on national TV...i mean, people remember such things. Her rep isnt that great there. People know her there which the good side, but the bad side is that everyone saw how a 17-yr old girl is willing to manipulate a guy for some answers in an irrelevant competetion, just to get to the top.

Not to mention, she even started dating him, and then when he didnt do her anymore good, she dumped him and went on to bigger fish.

not cool :( people remember such things shanina.

Viewers were so mad. They were cursing her out.....it was terrible

Oh.

If that is the case, she should tone up, find a Miami agency and go swimsuit. Or even try the Asian market.

i actually think that by coming to NY she ruined her chances for OZ. and that scandal where she cheated on national TV...i mean, people remember such things. Her rep isnt that great there. People know her there which the good side, but the bad side is that everyone saw how a 17-yr old girl is willing to manipulate a guy for some answers in an irrelevant competetion, just to get to the top.

Not to mention, she even started dating him, and then when he didnt do her anymore good, she dumped him and went on to bigger fish.

not cool :( people remember such things shanina.

Viewers were so mad. They were cursing her out.....it was terrible

Oh.

If that is the case, she should tone up, find a Miami agency and go swimsuit. Or even try the Asian market.

I agree, New York is not her market, and never will be. She could make a major impact in Miami or L.A (don't understand why she didn't do Miami Swim FW). Even like you said, Asia.that would be a good stepping stone for her. And she definitely needs to tone up, or else clients like VS will never take her seriously.