Bellazon

Shanina Shaik
Thumbnail

taniixx

"AUSSIE model Shanina Shaik is keen to make an impact at her first Fashion Week on Aussie soil.

Modelling a barely-there bikini for beachwear range Nookie,

the 20-year-old, who has graced New York catwalks, is certain to attract attention.

The model, who found fame after placing second in the Australian series of Make Me A Supermodel, has fronted a range of lucrative US fashion campaigns, most recently an Italian lingerie brand.

"I am very excited because I am doing my first fashion week in my home country," she said. "I know my friends will be around watching so that makes it even better."

With a career on the boil and one of America's biggest male models, Tyson Beckford, on her arm, the beauty has fast become a successful modelling export for Australia.

Also making an appearance in the five-day event are big names Myf Sheperd, Lauren Brown, Ruby Jean Wilson and Rose Smith.

Shaik will star on the RAFW catwalk with reality TV alumni Amanda Ware and Alice Burdeu.

Joining the record number of designers holding shows off site this year are Camilla Freeman-Topper and Marc Freedman, who will present the Camilla and Marc show on Wednesday at the State Theatre.

Freedman-Topper said the ornate space was a perfect reflection of the new collection.

dailytelegraph.com.au"

901171nookiebeach.jpg

901183nookiebeach.jpg

901617nookiebeach.jpg

900749nookiebeach.jpg

900758nookiebeach.jpg

901690nookiebeach.jpg