Bellazon

Shanina Shaik
Thumbnail

taniixx

New polas from NEXT Paris

post-34750-0-1446086598-85223_thumb.jpg post-34750-0-1446086598-8774_thumb.jpg post-34750-0-1446086598-90127_thumb.jpg

nextmodels.com

and an article from the Herald Sun

VICTORIA'S Secret stunner Shanina Shaik will be joined in Melbourne for Christmas by her jetsetting partner, US model Tyson Beckford.

Beckford will arrive in town today and spend Christmas, New Year and part of January in Australia with Shaik and her family.

"I am really happy that he is coming to see where I am from and (to meet) the rest of the family," Shaik said.

"He has never been to Melbourne."

The couple met when Beckford, 41, was a judge on the Channel 7 series Make Me A Supermodel and Shaik, 20, was a contestant in 2008.

"It has been a great year. I have been working really hard and it is great that it is finally paying off," she said.

Shaik hit a career high in November when she appeared in the Victoria's Secret lingerie parade and then was used in its catalogue.

She followed up on the Paris catwalk for Chanel.

"That was amazing," she said. "It was my first time in Paris and for my first show in Paris to be Chanel, it was a really big accomplishment."

Shaik plans to spend more time in Paris next yea

r.

Tyson Beckford meets model girlfriend Shanina Shaik's parents ahead of New Year's Eve in Sydney

928088insider.jpg

The New York-based couple, who visited Shaik's family in Melbourne over Christmas, celebrated the start of 2012 at the Opera House last night.

The day before, the couple enjoyed a long lunch at Manta restaurant on Woolloomooloo's Finger Wharf with Shaik's New York-based model booker Stephen Lee from Next NY.

Looking anything but incognito in a bright purple T-shirt which matched his sneakers and violet New York Yankees cap, Beckford didn't show any signs of stress from meeting Shaik's folks when the pair were snapped by Insider later that day.

A 21-year age difference aside, things appear to be getting quite serious between top US male model Beckford and his brunette beauty, who have been dating for 18 months.

They met on the set of the TV reality contest Make Me A Supermodel, in which Beckford was a mentor and Shaik was a contestant.

With a Chanel and Victoria's Secret show in the can this year, 2012 is sure to be a good one for 20-year-old Shaik, who now has her sights set on conquering the cut-throat Paris modelling scene.

"It has been a great year," she said.

SHE pouted and posed for giant US lingerie label Victoria's Secret last year, now Melbourne's model of the moment Shanina Shaik is set to be the new Bonds girl.

Shaik has shot a Valentine's Day-themed campaign for the cute and comfy underwear range, after Bonds was quick to capitalise on her rapidly rising profile.

Shaik has become hot property since she appeared in the Victoria's Secret show in November alongside Miranda Kerr, Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima and Candice Swanepoel.

A turn on the catwalk in Paris for Chanel days after the Victoria's Secret show added to buzz about her.

As soon as she arrived back in Australia for her Christmas break she was snapped up by Bonds and swept into a studio.

Shaik, who has relaxed in Australia for the past three weeks with her boyfriend, US model/TV host, Tyson Beckford, heads back to the US today.

The couple spent Christmas with Shaik's parents in Hoppers Crossing and saw in the new year in Sydney.

Shaik leaves behind a new fan in Australia, powerful Vogue chief Kirstie Clements, who took to Twitter after the pair met at the magazine.

"Shanina came in, part Lithuanian, Australian, Saudi and Pakistani and one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen," Clements tweeted.

She added: "The most beautiful women I've seen in the flesh include Salma Hayek, Beyonce, J.Lo, Angie Harmon, Christy Turlington, Naomi Campbell and Codie Young."

heraldsun.com