Bellazon

Constance Jablonski
Thumbnail

lisa-1

post-31828-0-1446189461-85777_thumb.jpg

Most models work for many years in hopes of landing a cosmetics contract, but Constance Jablonski has defied the odds. After only two years of modeling, the 19-year-old has become Estee Lauder's first French brand ambassador, joining the ranks of superstars like Hilary Rhoda and Elizabeth Hurley. After meeting her at the Plaza Athénée in Paris, it's easy to see why she's having an amazing career. Yes, she's gorgeous, but she's also lovely, intelligent, charming, and grateful for the opportunities that have come her way. For the first part of our interview, in which Constance talks about her new role and her secret to great skin, keep reading.

BellaSugar: What excites you most about working with Estee Lauder?

Constance Jablonski: Everything. From being with such a big company around the world to representing a brand that I really like - very chic and elegant. I had a chance to meet Aerin Lauder, the granddaughter of Estee Lauder, and I was honored to talk to her. Estee Lauder is like a big family. They're really connected and super nice people to work with.

BS: Do you have a favorite product from the brand?

CJ: I was addicted to the fragrance Bronze Goddess before I even was working with them. It's my fragrance. My mother and my grandmother also have products from Estee Lauder, so I've known them for a very long time.

BS: Growing up, what did you learn from your mother and grandmother about taking care of your skin?

CJ: It's actually funny because it's more my father. He's a dermatologist.

BS: Ah, that's why you have such pretty skin.

CJ: Thank you. Ever since I was a little girl, he would tell me how to take care of my skin. He would show me pictures of skin cancer and tell me to never go under the sun. He was really, really tough about that stuff. He taught me to use sun protection: SPF 50 for the face and 15 for the body. I will never go in the sun without sunscreen.

BS: It's silly, but I always wonder this about really beautiful women: do you have days where you wake up and look in the mirror and think, "Uh-oh, it's not looking good today," or do you wake up and always feel gorgeous?

CJ: [laughs] No, of course not. Maybe if I don't have enough sleep I wake up and go, "Oh la la, today's going to be a hard day." I'm like everybody else.

BS: What do you do on days like that? Do you have any tricks when you feel tired that make you look or feel more awake?

CJ: Good orange juice, good espresso, and trying to get as much sleep as I can.

BS: Are you able to get much sleep, considering your job?

CJ: Yeah, actually. I have to say, I am a good sleeper. I have no problem sleeping on the plane, I'm not really confused by jet lag. Like yesterday, I just came from LA and right now it's supposed to be night! [The plane left at] seven and I couldn't sleep, but at the end I had a super good night's sleep.

bellasuger.com

Model Constance Jablonski is not yet a household name, but it won't be long before her face becomes mega-famous. Along with racking up countless credits in fashion shows and magazines, she's recently become the first French spokesmodel for Estee Lauder. The first part of our interview covered skin care, and now she's revealing the aww-inspiring story of how she became a model. Constance, clad in an Alaia dress and Lanvin shoes, also dished on what she loves about French fashion. For the continued Q&A, keep reading.

BellaSugar: I heard that your brother is to thank for your modeling career. Didn't he send your photo to an agency with a letter that said you were the most beautiful woman in France?

Constance Jablonski: Yeah, exactly. [laughs] He's just one year older than me, so we are super, super close. He sent my picture to a local agency in the north of France. They were interested and called us back, so I started like that. I signed with Elite, and Marilyn in New York, and it's gone on from there.

BS: And your brother is interested in fashion, too.

CJ: He wants to be a stylist, so he's checking my outfits. We are always in a fight about clothes.

BS: How do you approach style?

CJ: I'm not so dressed up in my regular life. I like flat shoes, in general, because I'm tall enough. I like clothes for my age: jeans, leggings, and comfortable stuff.

BS: Do you have any favorite designers?

CJ: Isabel Marant is one of my favorites. I like Rag & Bone, YSL, IRO, Sandro, Vanessa Bruno. We have nice smaller brands in France.

BS: When you were younger, did you want to be a model?

CJ: Not really. I would say it wasn't really my thing. I was more interested in tennis and sports. My brother really loves fashion; through him I discovered it. I started to really like fashion and modeling while working and discovering on the job.

BS: What have you learned about yourself through modeling?

CJ: Probably just to be yourself. There are people who tell you you are "too something" or "not enough something." In the same day you can hear so many different things. So just be yourself and don't care about what you hear.

bellasugar.com

Hermès F/W 2010.11 campaign (preview)

picture4gu.png

SO FUNNY she got it because in Les filles en Vogueshe says those things about the Hermès show if I can remeber well that made people think she was a little bit too sure of herself .

It'll probably be OK, I often do Hermès, I always did it.

• 3 weeks later...