Bellazon

Daria Werbowy
Thumbnail

goose

Werbowy will keep exploring, physically and metaphorically. Workwise, maybe she'll look into acting, maybe not. "Hello, HBO, I really want to be on Game of Thrones," she says intently into the recorder. "I could be a warrior; I'll do anything." And she will. Tell her that she comes with an air of freedom and she looks pleased. "Yeah," she says with a half smile, "I'd like to think I'm free."

Read more: Daria Werbowy 2014 Interview - Daria Werbowy Quotes on Being a Model - Harper's BAZAAR Magazine

Follow us: @harpersbazaarus on Twitter | HarpersBazaar on Facebook

Visit us at HarpersBAZAAR.com

HAHAHA I remember telling my friends that she would be so perfect for GOT (grown up Arya maybe )  :)

Werbowy will keep exploring, physically and metaphorically. Workwise, maybe she'll look into acting, maybe not. "Hello, HBO, I really want to be on Game of Thrones," she says intently into the recorder. "I could be a warrior; I'll do anything." And she will. Tell her that she comes with an air of freedom and she looks pleased. "Yeah," she says with a half smile, "I'd like to think I'm free."

Read more: Daria Werbowy 2014 Interview - Daria Werbowy Quotes on Being a Model - Harper's BAZAAR Magazine

HAHAHA I remember telling my friends that she would be so perfect for GOT (grown up Arya maybe )  :)

lyanna stark in a flashback...

Werbowy will keep exploring, physically and metaphorically. Workwise, maybe she'll look into acting, maybe not. "Hello, HBO, I really want to be on Game of Thrones," she says intently into the recorder. "I could be a warrior; I'll do anything." And she will. Tell her that she comes with an air of freedom and she looks pleased. "Yeah," she says with a half smile, "I'd like to think I'm free."

HAHAHA I remember telling my friends that she would be so perfect for GOT (grown up Arya maybe ) :)

Werbowy will keep exploring, physically and metaphorically. Workwise, maybe she'll look into acting, maybe not. "Hello, HBO, I really want to be on Game of Thrones," she says intently into the recorder. "I could be a warrior; I'll do anything." And she will. Tell her that she comes with an air of freedom and she looks pleased. "Yeah," she says with a half smile, "I'd like to think I'm free."

HAHAHA I remember telling my friends that she would be so perfect for GOT (grown up Arya maybe ) :)

lyanna stark in a flashback...

Daria Werbowy Ensnared by Ivy for Balenciaga’s Spring 2014 Campaign

http://www.styleite.com/news/daria-werbowy-ensnared-by-ivy-for-balenciagas-spring-2014-campaign/

Balenciaga’s ominous Spring 2014 campaign leaves Daria Werbowy tangled in ivy and us wanting more. To me, this ad seems reminiscent of Gothic literature like The Fall of the House of Usher, that creepy Edgar Allen Poe story that you were forced to read in high school. Although shot by Steven Klein in a New York studio (not a haunted house), the vibe I’m getting is not off base. Balenciaga’s creative director, Alexander Wang, told WWD that the crawling plants and haunting shadows give “a touch of mystery and dark attraction.” “I wanted to convey a sense of strength and knowingness. Daria is definitely not naïve,” Wang said.

Maybe it’s my obsession with American Horror Story, but I imagine Werbowy is portraying the impossibly chic mistress of the dark and moody house. As the house’s vines ensnare her, she methodically plans her escape, while keeping her artfully painted Merlot pout intact.

[WWD]

xmo3v5.jpg

Preview | Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2014 Campaign with Daria Werbowy

Balenciaga Sleek – Leading model Daria Werbowy sports platinum blonde tresses for the spring-summer 2014 campaign from Balenciaga. The Canadian beauty, who recently appeared on the February cover of Harper’s Bazaar, poses for Steven Klein wearing a pink silk gazer “Winged” dress, and leather top and matching skirt designed by Alexander Wang. Jacob K worked as stylist for the new advertisements with hair by Paul Hanlon and makeup by Diane Kendal.

source: http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/balenciaga-springsummer-2014-campaign-daria-werbowy/

e368f1301166252.jpg b7a8e9301166253.jpg 2a87a7301166254.jpg

A story via sweetcaress at TFS, so lovely I wanted to share :)

The other day I heard a really cool little story about Daria. It’s not something groundbreaking but as a big fan of hers I found it interesting so I decided to share it with you all.^_^.gif Long story short I’m a member of another forum that has nothing to do with fashion/it’s message board dedicated to Guns N’ Roses/ so the last thing I expected to see is someone posting about Daria _lol_.gif Well, anyway there is a thread on the forum called “Hottest women ever” or something like that and I see a post with a lot of pictures of her and the caption: ” Beautiful woman I had the privilege of meeting a few times.” I’ve been visiting the forum for more than 5 years but I've never actually posted anything but this time I got exited and decided to ask what does he mean and that was his answer: “Yeah, when I met her she brought everyone cookies and sweets from Poland. Extremely intelligent, almost like she wanted everyone to think she is more than a multi-million dollar model. She is also really tall, almost six feet which is why she appears so skinny in pictures. Of course when I had to leave I went to hug her, and told her I've always wanted to do that. She laughed. I was younger than I am now.” As I’ve already said it’s not groundbreaking but it was really great to hear such a nice thing from someone completely uninterested in fashion, who have met her and her family in person.

P.S.-I know I’ve made a lot of grammar mistakes so I’m sorry in advance_doh_.gif

UHQ's
Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 2014 Ad by Mert&Marcus

via miguelalmeida at TFS

17bb4a301167209.jpg 99632b301167212.jpg

Ultra HQ Cover & Cover Without Text!

bfdbb9301168110.jpg 81b57a301168162.jpg

+ the interview

Looking at a picture of Daria Werbowy is like exhaling. Her name sounds like that too: "Dari…ah." Girls want to look like her—perhaps because she looks like a woman.

In model years, Werbowy is now very much a lady. The Canadian beauty of Ukrainian descent, who started modeling at 14, just hit the big 3-0. "I actually felt something shift," she says, playing with one of her many fine-gold rings on the set of her Bazaar shoot. "I was so relieved. I was like, I can do and say and be whatever I want now—because I'm 30. There was a lot of surrendering." She breaks into an easy laugh. "If I couldn't figure it out in my 20s, I might as well just give up now!"

She'd sauntered in an hour before, all long legs (in faded-denim straight jeans), long coat (a tweedy traditional Irish brand), and longer hair, now that her much imitated cropped bob, first displayed in a Céline campaign two years ago, has grown out. These days it's a honey-colored tousle with a random blonde bit underneath. "Christiaan cut it short originally, and I'm shockingly low-maintenance. I'll get it trimmed, but I haven't really done anything to it since I got it cut. And underneath it's all blonde, which is natural. I, like, pump my arm and blonde grows out. Like Barbie." (In truth, sun, salt water, "and a little lemon.")

As for the rangy figure: "Ashtanga yoga. I'm addicted. I stopped drinking, so this is the way life goes. I'm a pretty extreme person—if I say I'm going to sail across the Atlantic, I will." (And she has, hence the two anchor tattoos on her fingers.) "And I'm very bendy." Dirty-sounding chuckle. "I've always been bendy."
Subscribe Today To Get More From Harper's Bazaar

Werbowy's working it all out—in fact, she recently returned to modeling after a self-imposed hiatus. "I took a risk a couple of years ago where I decided to do the minimal amount that I could get away with, because I physically and mentally couldn't handle it anymore. And it's like, you have everything you want, what you dreamt of is coming true, you can't buy anything else to make you happy, so then you think, Well, what else is there? And you have to leave."

So she did, traveling the globe, and moving to Cork, Ireland, with her carpenter boyfriend. And now that she's back, it's on her terms. "I work for a chunk of time, I do everything back-to-back, and then I'm completely off."

Of course, it's a schedule afforded only to the fabulously successful model—one who has been a face of Lancôme since 2005, along with Isabel Marant, Céline, Diane von Furstenberg, Versace, and Salvatore Ferragamo, just last year—but while Werbowy is the height of fashion, she doesn't get lost on the climb. You won't see her stumbling out of the Groucho Club; she's more likely to be walking on a rocky Irish beach, in Cuba, India, or on a boat somewhere. (Observe her Instagram, @dotwillow, among more earthly images, like one of her with tea bags on her eyes, giving the finger.) "I started on Instagram because my family asked me to," she explains, "because they never know where I am."

It's true—Werbowy kind of floats. She admits that living in Ireland is somewhat random. "Never in a million years did I think I'd be living there, but I never thought I'd be a successful model either. I never thought I'd fall in love with who I'm in love with." About her boyfriend, you'll merely get a joke: "It's weird—he's a female priest. Me and Sinéad, we're supertight. Actually," she adds, "I love Sinéad O'Connor. She's part of the reason I went to Ireland, I think, subconsciously. I love the letter she wrote to Miley Cyrus. It was brilliant."

When Werbowy works, though, she works hard. The face of Phoebe Philo's Céline for the past three years, she sees "that woman" as a role. "I didn't think I'd be able to pull her off," she says of the archly glamorous creature. "I didn't know her, and I was like, 'Oh, God, red nails,' but it just works." She's been friends with Philo since the designer's Chloé days. "She makes me funnier. We just talk **** and get on really well. I give her a hard time and she gives me a hard time, and we laugh about it." There's a lot of Céline in Werbowy's wardrobe too. "Yep, and I wear a lot of vintage. I go scrounging—Kensington Market in Toronto is amazing, the flea markets in Brooklyn and Williamsburg."