Bellazon

Marlon Teixeira
Thumbnail

MauiKane

via google translate

Surfing on the catwalks of the world

In just 18 years, the Santa Catarina Marlon Teixeira Brazilian model is the number one ranking male who is a world reference

By December 2007, the trips ranging from Marlon Teixeira Camboriú the Itajai, where he caught the wave, and among his biggest dreams has always included the sponsorship for the next competition surfing. Less than a month later, the Santa Catarina state, then only 16 years, embark for Paris. Reason: a contract for the campaign of Dior Homme. Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld, the renowned German photographer and designer. With less than two years, the boy born and raised in nearby Itajaí Camboriú already occupies the 22nd position in the ranking of the male models models.com, a reference in the world of the most important models. He is the most highly-rated Brazilian man on the list.

An unimaginable leap to the surfer tan curly hair, 1m89cm tall, face and body features harmonic dogfish that had never come to Santa Catarina, spoke no English and had a routine which consisted of many hours in the sea - he also gave surfing lessons - and some within the school.Without affectation that permeates many circles in the fashion world, Marlon admits that he estimated the weight of the Dior haute couture world icon, when I landed in glamorous Paris.

- I arrived without understanding anything. He hardly knew what was Dior - Marlon account.

Today, with just over a career year, already know what is important. Once started, I went to Paris to do the parade of Dior. Then he closed an exclusive contract with an brand. He could not march or photograph for any other brand in the world (the second exclusive contract ended in June). Marlon always liked to dress up, be stylish, but had no access to information about it.Today, he dresses well to go to a casting.

He trod the path opposite that of most models. Having never photographed or paraded in Brazil dropped right at the epicenter of fashion.

- Never crossed my mind to be a model. Also even thought I was cute, now until I find a little interesting after so many people talking ... (Laughs). The grandmother of Marlon, Ilka,is superfriend of the owner Way Model, Anderson Baumgartner, who is of Itajai. One day she decided to present to the young entrepreneur. Day after, Marlon Baumgartner led to Sao Paulo, and he never stopped. He had no time or age to imagine what profession would follow. Now it wants to do the shows in January in Brazil.

- I told my agent not to schedule work at this time abroad, so I can get a taste of parading in my country - says Marlon, NY.

Gisele Bundchen pants

Depending on the film career and accomplishments achieved, publications have compared Marlon with Gisele Bundchen, referring to him as Gisele pants. What draws attention is that of a boy with such a beach vibe have won the contract with Dior, a reference in luxury and sophistication.Finally, a contrast effect that eventually attract more attention to the brand.

- From the first day I saw Marlon realized he had a shine to. Besides being a world-renowned beauty, he has the personality that wins - tells Baumgartner, the owner of Way Models who discovered Marlon.

The owner of the agency insists that to be a top, the model needs, the beauty, have energy, which "Marlon has to spare."

- I think the image of it, big boy surfer, like any brand. The world of fashion models looking to place its beauty and attitude in the works - said.

For Marlon, the trips that enables the profession outweigh the fact of being away from family and Brazil.

- Today I am living in New York a month ago he was surfing at Spa, in a month I'll be in Paris, but before I go in Milan to work - remarks.

Previously it was a boy who traveled from Spa to get wave in Itajai (right, Marlon Praia Brava).Now he's going on places he had never imagined that he will go: Paris, New York, Los Angeles, London, Milan, Ibiza, Chicago, Canada and Islovênia, among others. Financially also being good.

- Today, I can keep - tells Marlon that, as estimations based on what the brand is usually paid for their poster boys, earned about $ 100,000 for the contract with Dior.

And as Baumgartner provides, this is just the beginning.

- He have much more success to come, he has barely begun to show the world that he came - prophesy

September 27, 2009

i hope that one day he will do shows in Brazil and that his big wish will come true

this year he couldn't do shows in Brazil,because he have to do AX campaign.but i hope that in the future he will do shows in Brazil

i hope so too