Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

I just read that Adriana renewed her angels contract for five additional years....hopefully, she won't get so annoying like Heidi does right now, although...

Do you guys don't like Heidi, because she's doing VS overlong or because she gets too much exposure at VS??

I personally love Heidi in VS but i agree that it shouldnt be the Heidi show but last yr it was her 10th year with VS so i understand why she was used alot. Like this yr she doesnt have to host the show. She has done it a few times now and instead they can focus on all the VS Angels overall then just one of them

I like seeing other girls too like in the 2001 show it was focused on every girl not just Tyra or Heidi etc but they are Angels they are basically the faces and spokespersons for VS overall so i dont care if its all about them i love seeing more of Alessandra,Adriana,Izabel,Miranda etc

If you mean by which models will be at the show it isnt confirmed yet...We do know that obviously all contracted angels will be there so thats Adriana, Heidi, Alessandra, Izabel, Selita, Karolina, Miranda, Marisa and Doutzen...Other girls have not been confirmed yet. I read some article that said Caroline Trentini would be there to

Just found this thread....awesome!

Interesting to read everyone's different opinions. Here are mine:

I agree that this year has to be 180 from last year in terms of outfits, themes and overall design. BUT, SOOOOO many hints it will be super glamorous and beautiful!

A couple people mentioned some cool themes!

The Fantasy Bra has grown on me actually, I appreciate that they came out with something completely different than previous years and black is soooo classy and glamorous in general as a colour.

Someone earlier mentioned hair and makeup and I wonder if they are going to glam out the makeup with red lips and cat eyeliner for a part and maybe straighten the hair.

It would be a nice temporary departure from the whole huge bouncy hair look (which don't get me wrong looks great on every model, but sometimes change is good!)

So excited for this talk of a 6 storey stage and all the backstage, new website promos leading up to the event.

As for music, Usher is an odd choice, but if he chooses his more slower/provocative songs (maybe done with instruments or a choir like in some older shows) then it can come across as glamorous. Definitely NOT Britney, Fergie though IMO!

I wonder why they didn't try to get back Kanye after last year's sudden dropout?

Rihanna I think would be fitting for a show in the future that is more upbeat in theme...

Personally, the less childish models are my choice for the show...the maturity and elegance of the more womanly-looking models always brings such class to the show...i.e. 2003 and 2005! I do like the insertion of some HF gals to up the status of the show.

Got to be honest, as long as KAROLINA KURKOVA is there I am happy : )

I'm looking forward to seeing Doutzen's debut as an angel, but am not looking forward to Marisa or Angela. I understand the argument of Marisa's appeal to the audience/consumer, but there's just something about her that I don't like. Maybe it's her personality in VS interviews, but she seems stuck up compared to sweeties like Adriana and Miranda and KK.

Other women, besides the angels, like Bianca, Eugenia, Michaela, Hana etc. are who I am excited to see. Can't remember all names right now.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing Isabeli for a personal reason, she insulted KK a few months ago and KK is my girllllllllllllllllllll!! : P

I just saw the new Christmas commercial posted on tfs and it is so stunning....YET KK is not in it! What are they thinking?!!!

Hopefully this means KK will have her own holiday commercial : P

Ok that's it for now!

Let the glamour begin.....................

I am NOT looking forward to seeing Isabeli for a personal reason, she insulted KK a few months ago and KK is my girllllllllllllllllllll!! : P

she only told the very truth!!

i hope kk is in shape like isabeli after 2 children :nicole:

o no she DI-DN'T... i wanna know what she said.. :shifty

p.s did everyone see the new vs xmas commerial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft71hky_4EE :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'm looking forward to seeing Doutzen's debut as an angel, but am not looking forward to Marisa or Angela. I understand the argument of Marisa's appeal to the audience/consumer, but there's just something about her that I don't like. Maybe it's her personality in VS interviews, but she seems stuck up compared to sweeties like Adriana and Miranda and KK.

I love hearing comments like these because they're so ridiculous, made even more so since just a few hours ago I posted an interview with Marisa where it starts out with the interviewer noting how surprisingly nice she is, which is said of Marisa constantly. :laugh:

I love hearing comments like these because they're so ridiculous, made even more so since just a few hours ago I posted an interview with Marisa where it starts out with the interviewer noting how surprisingly nice she is, which is said of Marisa constantly. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Exactly what I thought too but this time I thought I wont bother and reply to such ummm posts again LOL.... And now I check it and you already did.

If anyone doesnt like anyone well thats totally fine, to each their own but to make such conclusions ....lol Whatevers.Not that is changes anything but yeah its funny to read stuff like that.

WOW that commercial was amazing...Can people tell me who was actually in that the quality wasnt fantastic. I saw Marisa,Miranda,Heidi,Adriana,Doutzen,Selita is that all the girls who were in it i didnt notice if Izabel or Karolina were in it :(

Also i really like the look of that stage. The runway looks interesting if those concepts are correct looks like there will be a PINK segment and a beach segment lol

CBS's press release:

GRAMMY® AWARD-WINNING SUPERSTAR USHER WILL BE THE SOLE MUSICAL GUEST ON "THE VICTORIA'S SECRET FASHION SHOW," WEDNESDAY, DEC. 3 ON CBS

Grammy Award-winning superstar Usher will be the sole musical guest on THE VICTORIA'S SECRET FASHION SHOW, to be taped at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, to be broadcast Wednesday, Dec. 3 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Supermodel Heidi Klum, along with top models Alessandra Ambrosio, Selita Ebanks, Doutzen Kroes, Adriana Lima, Marisa Miller, Miranda Kerr and a bevy of other Victoria's Secret Angels, will star in this holiday infused lingerie runway show, which will also include musical performances by Usher, red carpet interviews, model profiles and a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the world's most celebrated fashion show.

THE VICTORIA'S SECRET FASHION SHOW is being produced by done and dusted, inc. Edward G. Razek, Monica Mitro, Ian Stewart and Hamish Hamilton are the executive producers. Hamish Hamilton is the director.