Bellazon

Favourite Music Genre

Qball

What is your favourite music genre?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite music genre?

• alternative
    • classical
    • electronic
    • folk
    • funk
    • jazz
    • metal
    • pop/dance
    • rap
    • rock
    • soul/r'n'b
    • reggae

sorry Pa, I was never deeply involved with breakbeats so I don't know much about it. I just got into it cause of a certain DJ called Kid Kenobi (Sydney DJ) and it was just different. A lot slower and nicer than hard trance <_<

But I'm out of the clubb'n scene... I'm taking a break from it all, so I don't keep up with the music anymore :/

but to answer your question, probably nu skool ( though I'm not too sure :ermm:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Only some people are into old skool breakbeat. I'm into both. Old skool breakbeat = early Prodigy, Dance Conspiracy, Nu-Matic, House Crew/Baby D, Liquid, SL2, Project One, Sonz of a Loop da Loop Era, Acen, Hyper on Experience. If these don't ring a bell then you are into nu skool.

yeh I'm into nu skool.

My brother listens to breaks most of the time, but I listen in from time to time. He listens to Prodigy, Koma and Bones, Krafty Kuts, Plump DJs and most of the time just downloads sets.

yeh I'm into nu skool.

My brother listens to breaks most of the time, but I listen in from time to time. He listens to Prodigy, Koma and Bones, Krafty Kuts, Plump DJs and most of the time just downloads sets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Koma and Bones, Krafty Kuts, Plump DJs => nu skool

r&b,rap,rock and pop..i hate jazz :yuckky:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you hate jazz? There are thousands kinds of jazz, I'm sure you would find something interesting for you... check out acid jazz, for example. Though it's not really a jazz subgenre, it's more of electronic music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess i don't like it coz my dad alwayssssssssss listens to it. I think it's the soul jazz he listens to :ermm: . Ok i'll make sure i'll check out acid jazz.

I guess i don't like it coz my dad alwayssssssssss listens to it. I think it's the soul jazz he listens to :ermm: . Ok i'll make sure i'll check out acid jazz.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chicken, this is a "jazz" CD (not acid jazz) you will like!

post-244-0-1445992892-58686_thumb.jpg

Brad Mehldau - Largo

I have the same problem, my father is a jazz fanatic but I have never cared much about jazz. Some jazz I like some I don't.

Brad Mehldau - Largo----never heard of him before! but how do you know that I will like it ?can you read my mind before i actually listen to the cd?

But i'll check it out anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right, there is a small possibility you don't like it.

• 1 month later...

I like most things that cant be genre'fied... it pretty much assures me that more thought has gone into the music itself and not who its targeted at.

I have to say i lean more towards metal though, but having said that, i think that most heavy metal is totally boring. It's the small detours from metal that interest me.

I like mr.bungle, pig destroyer, Dillinger escape plan, Strapping Young Lad, Aphex Twin, Faith No More, Sleepytime gorilla museum, SC3...

Aussie Bands - Cog, Butterfly Effect, Five Star Prison Cell

Guilty Pleasures - Glassjaw, Static-X, Andrew WK, Idiot Flesh and maybe the very occasional Jimmy Eat World or Nick Cave.